Credit Acceptance Corp UK Ltd / Marlin Financial Services

amlania
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is what the have sent back after the letter " I do not acknowledge any debt to your company": As previously advised, your last payment was received on 10th August 2010 and therefore your debt is not statute barred. You were making regular payments in 2006 for £75.00 and you made one payment in August 2010, four years after the last payment was received. This payment started the six year clock, so to speak, and your account remains due and payable. This payment is proof that your account is not statute barred.

However, in the process of investigating your comments it has come to my attention that the balance outstanding is incorrect. Currently your outstanding balance is showing as £4,264.54 but I believe this to be incorrect. I believe your outstanding balance should be £1,486.24.

From 17th July 2003 to the date you agreed to return the vehicle, 21st June 2006 (36 months), you were responsible for making your monthly instalment payment of £433.78. Between July 2003 and June 2006 you should have made 36 payments of £433.78 which would have totalled £15,616.08 however you only paid £14,054.84. The difference between these two sums, £1,561.24, is your arrears figure and you remained liable for this. You have made one payment since 2006 in the sum of £75 so your current outstanding balance today stands at £1,486.24.

Please contact our office with your payment proposals.

So this was the letter.

All of this is absolute bull.. They are pulling figures from the air and they have no clue what they are talking about. The payments they are talking about are all phantom payments. The debt has already been removed from my credit report as it is statute barred.

Please can someone provide me with a template of a letter that I can send them so the can F OFF!

A nice hard hitting one.

Also how can I find the telephone number of CREDIT ACCEPTANCE CORP UK LTD as they seem to be impossible to speak to.

Anyone's help is much appreciated.

Credit Acceptance Corp is a dissolved company I think so no telephone numbers available.

Have they given any eveidence of the August payment?

If not you must challenge the to provide unequivocal proof of this.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

That's all I can find I will ask a colleague who works wonders on questions like this, being a weekend there may be some delay.

This is what the have sent back after the letter " I do not acknowledge any debt to your company": As previously advised, your last payment was received on 10th August 2010 and therefore your debt is not statute barred. You were making regular payments in 2006 for £75.00 and you made one payment in August 2010, four years after the last payment was received. This payment started the six year clock, so to speak, and your account remains due and payable. This payment is proof that your account is not statute barred.

However, in the process of investigating your comments it has come to my attention that the balance outstanding is incorrect. Currently your outstanding balance is showing as £4,264.54 but I believe this to be incorrect. I believe your outstanding balance should be £1,486.24.

From 17th July 2003 to the date you agreed to return the vehicle, 21st June 2006 (36 months), you were responsible for making your monthly instalment payment of £433.78. Between July 2003 and June 2006 you should have made 36 payments of £433.78 which would have totalled £15,616.08 however you only paid £14,054.84. The difference between these two sums, £1,561.24, is your arrears figure and you remained liable for this. You have made one payment since 2006 in the sum of £75 so your current outstanding balance today stands at £1,486.24.

Please contact our office with your payment proposals.

So this was the letter.

All of this is absolute bull.. They are pulling figures from the air and they have no clue what they are talking about. The payments they are talking about are all phantom payments. The debt has already been removed from my credit report as it is statute barred.

Please can someone provide me with a template of a letter that I can send them so the can F OFF!

A nice hard hitting one.

Also how can I find the telephone number of CREDIT ACCEPTANCE CORP UK LTD as they seem to be impossible to speak to.

Anyone's help is much appreciated.

1. You do NOT have to prove the debt is statute barred the most prove unequivocally that it is NOT!!!!

So send the following by recorded delivery addressed to their Data Controller.

Ref: as on their letter:

FORMAL COMPLAINT.

Dear sir I refer to your letter dated xx xx xxxx in which you continue to press for payment in regard to a debt for £xxx.xx for which I do not accept or acknowledge any liability.

As previously stated any such alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED and I will NOT be making any payment now or in the future.

I remind you that the onus of proof that the alleged debt is NOT statute barred lies entirely with your company and it is no for me to prove that it is statute barred,

if you continue to process errorneous data and continue to press for payment I WILL report the conduct of you company to the OFT and the ICO without further reference to you.

Considering the time, stress,and inconvenience caused by your companys incompetence I shall also make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

One would hope that the responsible persons within your company are familiar with the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt, if not I will be happy to enlighten you chapter and verse!!!

You may consider this letter my FINAL RESPONSE and no further correspondence will be entered into.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hmm, lowlifes and the phantom payment con eh!!

Make a formal complaint to the OFT&TS regarding their fraudulent claim.

As for lowlifes and the letter, as above, I would also add the line "Thank you for your written evidence of your intention to commit an act of fraud, I have forwarded a copy of this letter to the OFT&TS, and should the need arise I will gladly show the court."

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I will report them again believe me. I just cant believe where there getting these figures from...

Should i ask for a statement before i send this letter at least i have more proof when making another complaint.

Please let me know your thoughts!

And thank you all for your help here!!!!