Housing Benefit question?

Gay_guy1986
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone could help me regarding Housing benefit for next year!

I am currently in a 1 bedroom flat and its from a housing association called (Calico Housing), I moved in on 30th of January of this year and I have been claiming housing benefit since then however I have heard that Housing benefit will be changing from next year and Just wondering will I be affected by the change? btw I am 26 years old!

Any advice would be great, Cheers! :-)

Regards

Shaun

Just wondering if anyone could help me regarding Housing benefit for next year!

I am currently in a 1 bedroom flat and its from a housing association called (Calico Housing), I moved in on 30th of January of this year and I have been claiming housing benefit since then however I have heard that Housing benefit will be changing from next year and Just wondering will I be affected by the change? btw I am 26 years old!

Any advice would be great, Cheers! :-)

Regards

Shaun

the changes that down'n'out referred to were for private tenants so do not apply to you

there will be changes for social tenants that come in to effect in April 2013, if the tenant occupies a larger property than they require (i.e. has spare bedrooms)

if you were in a 2 bedroom property, your hb would have been reduced by 14% of the rent

if you were in a 3 bedroom property, your hb would have been reduced by 25% of the rent

as you are a single person in a 1 bedroom property, these changes will not affect you as you do not have any spare bedrooms

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.