Virgin increase prices Again

Conniff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just receive a letter to inform me of a price increase by £4.59.

I'm on 50mb and was told, along with everyone else, that my speed would be doubling, that was last year, Then came a big price rise and still no speed increase. Now we are almost a year on and another increase in price but no increase in BB speed, I'm still on 50mb despite being told it would be doubling.

They now say it will be by the Autumn of 2013 which I suppose will be after another couple of price rises. So much for 'Free' speed increase.

Time to make this public on Consumer Action Group.

There are some not very happy bunnies on http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-60Mb-Setup-Equipment/Downgrade-Virgin-Media-Package-on-Price-Increase-In-Feb-2013/m-p/1593162/highlight/false#M124754 Virgins forum.

This post is a copy of what I posted on the Virgin forum.

Edited by Conniff
typo correction

It's not that max, it's the 'free' broadband speed doubling which still hasn't happened and this is the second increase, so the 'free' doubling your speed isn't 'free' after all.

That's the 'free' doubling they annouced would happen last year and won't now be happening until next year so that's 3 years and still waiting.

After being with them since their inception as Eurobell, I will be seriously taking a look at BT Infinity when it gets here in March.

Edited by Conniff

It does seem a bit strange, especially given that the doubled speeds are already available to new customers so to upgrade existing customers should be little more than flicking a switch. The only thing I can think that's holding them back from doing this is that Virgin believe their infrastructure wont be able to cope at the moment, so they're holding things back until they've managed to upgrade the backbone of the network itself. The increased costs are likely to cover the cost of this infrastructure upgrade, though do agree that it's far from the 'free' that was advertised (and rather heavily so I might add!)