UKCPS Parking charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter through the post stating that my car had overstayed UKCPS time limit in a shopping centre car park, my partner was driving the car at the time and did not stay for the time stated on the letter. The letter said that ANPR cameras recorded my car in the car park, however my partner was picking his brothers up from school and could not have been in the car park at that time. I took advice from family and ignored the letter, however, 3 months on I have now received a letter saying that court proceedings will begin if I do not pay £120 within seven days or £325 after that. I do not want to get taken to court, have these people got a case?

No they haven't got a case. The letter you have received is just one of a chain of "threatograms" which they send out hoping to scare the person into paying up. This company actually use a firm of powerless debt collectors called "Court Proceedings Ltd." . If you receive a letter from them don't be intimidated by that silly name. they have no powers at all.

yes

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, just ignore, unless (and this is very unlikely) you actually receive properly authenticated count court papers. If you do, there are plenty of people on here who will be able to advise you and build a strong case against these clowns.

Just to reassure you, of the well over a million private parking tickets that were issued last year, less than fifty actually got to court, and half of those were won by the motorist. Even the ones that were lost were probably "default judgements" where the defendant either didn't receive court papers, because of house moves etc, or the defendant didn't bother turning up to court.

One word of warning regarding UKCPS, the "office manager" from this company is known to monitor these forums, so beware of any private messages you might receive. It could be him fishing for information.

Thank you! This has really helped me.

Are UKCPS and Combined Parking Solutions one and the same company?

If so, they seem to use different debt collectors. My two letters (ignored) are from Daniel Silvermans. Strange that a company that got itself barred from accessing the DVLA database is still issuing threats of legal action. Well, strange if they were actually following these threats through.

Completely different companies. But they both have "CPS" in their name. Some people would say that's deliberate, and designed to imply that they have something to do with the Crown Prosecution Service.