Getting back into work

bumpersuze
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was put on jsa in january which then turned to income support in May due to pregnancy. I have since given birth and have now been offered a job 20hours a week minuimum. It is paid 4 weekly and I start on tuesday . I know I can get the job grant which is good but until I get paid I will still have bills and things to pay so I'm wondering what other help is available. I know that on JSA you can get extended payments until you are paid but does this apply to income support as well?

You need to advise the In Work Team when you close your claim that the job is expected to last at least 5 weeks and you would like the job gran and housing costs run on. You can always contact you lone parent adviser at the JCP on Monday to advise of the change in circumstances too as they may be able to book an appointment for you to ensure that the information is collated correctly to allow the claim to close correctly with all other entitlements set up too including the new assessment for tax credits.