its all kicking off in my neighbourhood

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have looked through the form lists but I cant find any other forums for this post.

two of my neighbours are at war. Small disagreements have been blown out of proportion, particularly over parking. One of my neighbours had yellow lines painted around the no parking area, the other neighbour is not at all happy. Today neighbour number 2 put flyers through all the doors in our area naming and shaming neighbour number 1.

Im keeping my blinds shut and hiding inside, theres no way im getting involved. However, does anyone know if its even legal to put flyers like this out?

http://www.4freeimagehost.com/show.php?i=PUSHc584ad3b0b0e.jpg

if this is private land

the DYL's mean nowt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes it is private land. Neighbour number 2 kept blocking neighbour number 1s parking space. This is why neighbour number 1 painted the lines. Now neighbour number 2 thinks that the value of his house has dropped by 50k. I rent and dont drive thankfully!!

Best not to get involved if parking issues don't actually affect you - it sounds like both parties need to grow up. If invited to take sides, you can simply disassociate yourself from the issue!

And yes, anybody can put out flyers but if they're derogatory then I'm sure the named party can sort it out themselves.

Thanks guys.

I am defo keeping out of it. The sad thing is I actually do like both my neighbours :-(

I did feel sorry for number 2 when number 1 drew the lines outside because I really think they think it has devalued their property. Now I feel even sorrier for neighbour number 1 because they have lived in their house for over 40 years and now they have had these fliers put through everyones door about them.

If they've drawn their own DYL on the actual road, without council or police permission, I'd say it is a criminal offence along the lines of criminal damage.

In which case, just give the council a ring, (anonymously), and say some yellow lines have mysteriously appeared in your area and ask them to investigate. Then sit back and watch the council scrub the tarmac.

I imagine the Council will want to know who painted their road so maybe they'll make some enquiries of their own accord and hopefully bang some heads together. Although if the road is private land / unadopted then they won't give a damn.

nothing to do with the council

the lines are purely graffitti

private property

same as any markings on private land/car parks

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...