ESA WRAG - Referred to...INGEUS

Sargusfrat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So here is my story so far.

ATOS WCA last year, passed with 16 points. ATOS reassesment beginning of this year, scroed 0 points for the same conditions i had last year. Went to tribunal, waited 6 months for the hearing and won it in August.

Beginning of this month i was called by the Job Center folks to come in and speak to an advisor, which i expected, theres 6 of these interviews...or at least there was.

In my first interview three days ago, the woman who interviewed me was really helpfull, taking time to explain things and asking how bad my health problems affect me. She then dropped a bombshell on me...i would be referred to Ingeus, the Work Programme people who "look after" JSA claimants. She looked almost apologetic, and said that there would be a chance that Ingeus would not even call me up and basically pass me over, which is what happened with the six interviews i had with the Job Center last year, i went to only one of them, was never called back after that.

I got a phone call from Ingeus today, they want me to come in next week o.O

The ohonecall interview was like i was on JCA all over again. Not one mention about how fit i was. I was asked to bring in a CV for my first appointment, i was then asked what kind of work I had done before, what kind of work i was "looking to do now", how far i would be willing to travel to find a job, how long i would be willing to work per day, and then the "interview" on the phone ended.

Whats going on here? Will I end up being forced into a job on my first few interviews with this Ingeus lot? I told her i was on ESA and she said "yes we have it on our records"... o.O

My understanding is you only have to attended when your in ESA WRAG interviews "WFI" 8 times and going to Ingeus is voluntary !

Unless something has changed ?

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

It depends on type of ESA WRAG, if con`t or IR

Currently:-

If on ESA WRAG©, then it is voluntary if you want to enter WP (but if you volunteer to enter the WP, then it would become mandatory to partake)

If on ESA WRAG(ir) with 6 months(or less) prognosis, then you can be mandated to WP.

Thanks for that definition, down'n'out. Whilst I've been on ESA since it's inception, I'm yet to reach the dizzy heights of WRAG / Support. So I'm out of touch with constant changes. I'll try and remember that as it's often asked here and elsewhere.

Hello All,its me again.

I had my tribunal and got 18 points. I have appealed against the tribunal decision and await some feed back from the tribunal service. Now, I have just had a letter from job centre plus and I have got to go for a interview this friday. I was placed in the work group. The letter I have had asks me to show them proof of my savings etc. My understanding of the work group is that I may have to attend interviews at the job centre. But, while in the work group can they force me into work. Iam getting over an overdose attempt a few months back and could do with out any more pressure at the moment. Would it be helpful to go to CAB before I goto the Job Centre. Comments welcome please. Best Wishes.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Naming no names, but some work programme providers are getting over enthusiastic about work for employment and support allowance claimants.

Claimants in the work related activity group can't be mandated to;

Apply for jobs.

Take up work, or unpaid work experience.

Undertake medical treatment.

From the;

Work Programme Provider Guidance on the Work n Pensions Website.

Not to mention part 2 of the;

Employment and Support Allowance (Work Related Activity) Regs 2011!

Margaret.

Thank you Margaret.

Thats very helpful. My ESA Work Group ends in April 2013. My tribunal states that I would be tested within one year.

Could I expect a ATOS Medical well before then. You know, I wonder if its all worth it to battle against the DWP.

I am not going to win.

Best wishes and thanks Graham.

You know, I wonder if its all worth it to battle against the DWP.

Of course it is worth it, everyone that gives up is another win for the DWP.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

thanks for that. I will keep trying. Got to go to job centre on friday. They want to check benefits I am getting. Want to look at my savings etc. I am appealing against an appeal I had recently. That is taking ages. Do have my local MP onto it as well.

Happy days. What work is there out there for someone who is 55 years old. The youngones cannot get work?

Keep smiling and best wishes