lowells statutory demand - **SUCCESSFULLY SET ASIDE - PLUS COSTS ** CHEQUE RECEIVED NOW **

d33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

re lateness, re whatever you said on form for that. ie date received, extra form told to do, etc

once lateness accepted (if), then on to reasons for set aside. ie ready to expand on, and answer any questions on, what you said on form, and anything else, in consideration of reasons to set aside. ie counterclaim, and/or triable issue etc.

take copies of any relevant docs.

ask for your reasonable LinP costs if sd set aside.

note, they might approach you before court to come to some arrangement, up to you.

Edited by Ford

Hi, I think you misunderstood what I had written, reason for lateness has been accepted which is why I have a set aside hearing date. From what I have read on other threads, and the fact Lowells haven't responded in any way to my cca request etc, I don't expect them to turn up to the hearing. I just would like to make sure iam prepared for the hearing. From what I can gather I need to summarize what I have put in statement quoting case law etc, is this true or will the judge just read the statement and make adecision?

Edited by 42man

Hi, I think you misunderstood what I had written, reason for lateness has been accepted which is why I have a set aside hearing date. .........?

hopefully. but don't be so sure. reasons for lateness could be heard at hearing, as in another sd thread where lateness was explained on form prior, hearing set, and it was held at hearing to be out of time, the given reasons being not accepted. #143, 145 etc here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?353505-Recieved-SD-from-Hamptons-Lowell-portfolio-l-LTD/page8

Edited by Ford

Okay, just read that. But when I received my paperwork back. I received a separate sheet entitled 'order extending the time to apply to set aside a sd' with judges name etc upon application,...... And uponreading the evidence it is ordered that time be ordered to set aside extended to The date when I handed it in. Any evidence in opposition to applications. Must be filed 2 seeks before etc.

Okay, just read that. But when I received my paperwork back. I received a separate sheet entitled 'order extending the time to apply to set asidelink3.gif

a sd' with judges name etc upon application,...... And uponreading the evidence it is ordered that time be ordered to set aside extended to The date when I

handed it in. Any evidence in opposition to applications. Must be filed 2 seeks before etc.

ok. you didn't post up that order before! presume then that was sent after you did the additional WS? so, you should (will) be ok then re lateness. :)

Edited by Ford

• 2 weeks later...

I have faxed over my costs to the court, they said i should also send a copy to lowells, is this correct?i didnt really want to give them warning that i am claiming costs against them, it might make them more likely to turn up!

d33

footnote. be minded to also mention, if required, 'dispute' re cca request made prior to the sd to previous creditor, and therefore had to do another one to current creditor (in a recent sd thread, J said a cca request after the sd would not be sufficient re set aside (i presume in that case this was where there was no other record of any 'dispute' prior)

Edited by Ford

Hi, just reporting back pleased and relieved to say i got demand set aside :-D and they also have to pay me £135 in costs, calculated as 90 for wasted day off travelling to the wrong court, 10 for travel expenses on that day and 35 for the set aside fee. I did ask for 400 on my costs schedule.

I was fairly confident things would go my way even though i am usually the type of person who expects the worst. I turned up to the court not feeling very fresh and alert as i had a late night out in london, had tickets for an event i really didnt want to miss. but made sure i turned up to the court an hour or so early, prepared myself, was introduced to the opposition solicitor ( i really didnt think they would have one), she introduced herself handed me a piece of paper stating that they would be withdrawing the demand on condition i didnt ask for costs, asking me to sign, which i refused sensing i had them on the rack, and from my experience of various other threads i have read on here over many hours !

the judge who i would say was 75% on my side with the case i presented, agreed they were completely in the wrong how they presented the demand ie wrong date, wrong court etc, but at the same time i should have sent cca request etc before sd was issued, i shouldnt have just ignored them,as the letters they had sent could be construed as deeds of assignment, and they dont have to have cca 'a piece of paper' in the judges words, apparently dca's are assignees and dont have to hold all of the paperwork. also said 'what else are they supposed to do to recover a debt'?

my mind went blank when i was asked about whether i had responded to any of the letters they had sent me after the last year or so, completely forgetting that i had cca'd either them or one of their associate firms on this debt around 2 years ago, if i had remembered to mention this at the time i would probably have been awarded full costs, but in the end i knew i was getting the set aside and some costs so quit while i was ahead rather than argue with the case law i had researched as i had klittle more to gain.and was happy with the result.

thanks guys for your help, i really dont know what i would have done without your help and support and the knowledge i have gained from reading through other peoples experiences proved to be invaluable

Edited by citizenB

ahh just read your last response ford, how right you were....:-)

:)

soz, i should've posted that info up earlier! (didn't know when you were in)!

Edited by Ford

Excellent - have amended your thread title.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

I'm still waiting for the costs, they were given until 7th jan. I'm seriously considering getting a warrant of execution, to enforce payment..I sent emails and spoke to 2 different representatives over the last week, one of whom seems to of just gone on holiday and left it. From what I can see it is 100 pound to get the order enforced, does anyone have any idea of thesort of time his would take to settle if I do this?

Write to them with a copy of the judgment and confirm that if the awarded costs arent with you in X days then you will take further action, the cost of which will be added to what they owe you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D