style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

evening all !

i am new to this forum lark so please bare with me !

i am a mechanical supervisor (plumbing foreman)

i have been employed with my current company for nine years ! last year july 2011 after consultations i was given a finishing date of 31st of july , this date was extended twice by a month taking me though to september 2011 , then i was moved to another site

since my leaving date i have had no formal communication regarding my position within the company ! so im my world i have been *at risk* for over 15 months ! and could be given notice at any time !

i was offered what i consider was a very poor redundancy package , and rejected that in favour of getting my union rep and lodging an appeal, which i and my union rep listed my grievances, which were noted but never responded to by the company

my question is should i keep my head down and carry on working in this manner or do i force the issue with the company and get it resolved ? , im my world, the longer i leave the situation as it is, i could have a better and bigger claim ??

looking forward to hearing peoples thoughts and suggestions

many thanks plumbuk

thank you for responding

ideally i would like to be made redundant, and take them to a tribunial for keeping me *at risk* for so long(stress worry) plus i have a long list of grievances i would like to hit them with

resubmit your grievances in writing with the support of your rep

write and ask if you are still formally at risk

the longest I was at risk for was 18 months. It was my choice not to leave and find another job earlier. I didn't get a bigger payout!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

has it had an actual impact on your health that has caused you loss? I'm guessing not as you are not signed off with stress. It's not fun, but not everything not fun can be sued for. You have also contributed to the situation by letting it run on so long, and not job seeking elsewhere (as far as you have said)

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

well no im not signed off sick , but its has been a constant worry since the redundancy date has elapsed , as for contributed to the situation , im not entily sure i can see that , surely responsability lies with the employer ??as they created the situation ?

They created it, you stayed in it by choice (an inaction IS a choice), and you have no actual financial loss to sue for. If you aren't claiming a mental health disability caused by them I am not sure what you are claiming.

As ever you are free to ask a no win no fee solicitor for a second opinion :)

thank you for your prompt responses :-) yes i have issues with the way i feel i have been treated ! in my world their lack of doing things right is wrong

,so if i had have taken time off due to stress i would be in a better position to make a claim ? not that im going to take time off for that now! as its done now ! and as for inaction is a choice . a choice made by myself to keep the peace ?

No, you'd need the stress to be far more debiltating than just a few weeks off for stress. How about following my suggestion of writing to them and asking them to clarify your position of being at risk or not?

yes i will communicate with the company regarding the at risk bit ! as my union rep advised the same thing , just thought i would see what peoples thoughts about what i was thinking

thanks for taking time out to respond :wink: