Statutory Demand HELP!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its B W legal not dw. He is putting it all in writing. He is sending me a standing order mandate and an income and expenditure form for me to fill in. Do I still contest this then? And what happens if I dont?

Sorry for all questions but I really appreciate the help Ive had so far.

Wait for the letter and post back. They have not served the SD yet and they might not. The debt is fairly recent, so making token payment based on affordability, is not a bad idea and make sure it is a standard order you arrange, NOT a DD. If they do serve a SD, then get it set aside, as that will stop them proceeding with a bankruptcy petition in future, if there was a payment muck up e.g your bank could not pay the standing order.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

By having the STAT Demand hanging over you they could potentially petition for bankruptcy at anytime

You have fallen hook line and sinker for them. So you need to apply ASAP to get it set aside, other people on here can help you with that. You will seriously regret leaving it and believing them, i have had many years of experience of dealing with the likes of lowells, robersway etc etc

Wait for the letter and post back. They have not served the SD yet and they might not. The debt is fairly recent, so making token payment based on affordability, is not a bad idea and make sure it is a standard order you arrange, NOT a DD. If they do serve a SD, then get it set aside, as that will stop them proceeding with a bankruptcy petition in future, if there was a payment muck up e.g your bank could not pay the standing order.

Thanks I will wait for their letter, and see if SD arrives tuesday.

I will go for set aside anyway I think, but what would be my reasons to get it set aside?

Thanks

Well, let’s see if they serve it first...

But what about all the excess charges on the account? Don’t agree how much you owe with this idiot – you said yourself that you’d disputed the amounts.

You are getting very confused and accepting a situation you maybe don’t have to.

yes your right im very confused. I was hoping to sort it out. Well they accepted the repayment plan and payment I made, surely thats in my favour, and If they DO serve SD, then I have "secured" The demand by agreeing to pay by installments.??

Also, I paniced myself into trying to sort it out. :sad:

But you have agreed to an amount that you probably don’t owe, and you have no proof they even own the account! Would you pay me money if I asked for it with menaces?

If they still serve the SD, it merely proves they are telling you lies. And that their intention is to litigate anyway. Paying a couple of pounds might not change that – you have simply acknowledged a debt to them, unfortunately.

Im concerned about the "standing order mandate" form. There is no such thing. You must follow the instructions given here as they are conning you all over the shop.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sorry mine was BW legal too ..they are solicitors ..and would not of brought the debt..they are just collecting for Lowells

Hi Babydoll, just read your thread, how have you got on with the SD you recieved?

BW legal want an I and E from me too, also proof of income etc. Well they wont be getting anything, as for bank statements etc all have my husbands name on too, and due to data protection..............................................debts in my name nothing to do with him..

Hi

It wasnt a SD for me but was my OH..He had already offered to pay Lowells 4 years ago at £5 a mth ..they totally ignored..Left it and left it ..then got BW legal involved..they wanted I and E ETC of OH,, I told them that there wasnt no legal requirement to give that info, unless a court judge asked for it ..peached them the law from things I have got off this great site..Set up a standing Order ..and not heard a word since ;)