Problems with Estate Agent (Renting)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Received a letter from the estate agent asking us to pay our rent into a different account. Verified this was genuine and had confirmation from Estate Agent and Landlord. Reason given below:

The 2 guys who own the estate agents (Neil & Gabriel) are having problems. Neil is trying to buy out Gabriel to solve the dispute. In the meantime Gabriel is refusing to co-sign the bank transfers from the company account and Neil claims that he is unable to transfer any rent paid into this account. Neil has setup a sole trader account so he is able to transfer the money to the landlord.

My concerns:

- I'm breaking the terms in the tenancy agreement as i'm paying money into an account different to the one on the contract.

- Neil and Gabriel aren't getting on, Gabriel could claim Neil is trying to fraudulently do him out of money

- Is Neil telling the truth, do you actually need both parties present in order to transfer the money?

Thanks.

If you have LLs agreement for change to alt rent a/c in saved letter or email, you should be OK. If rent is payable to LA account, as defined in AST rent payment requirements, any non-transfer of rent between LA & LL is a contractual matter between them. If in doubt. you can arrange payments direct to LL. Obtain receipts for any cash payments or retain any bank statements to show payment made by SO or BGC etc