Proof of No Claims...?

BARFLY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hoping someone can give some advice.

I've just changed insurer for my van, from Direct Line to Stavely Head (The Van Insurer). Direct Lines price went up 33% even though I have 9+ Years no claims. Anyway, I've just received a letter from the new insurer that states That they are unprepared to accept the renewal notice from Direct Line as proof of no claims:

"We are unable to accept a renewal notice, statement of fact from your previous insurance company or a letter from your broker stating the number of years, it must be the No Claim Discount Certificate from your insurance company."

Unreal. Direct Line have said they will send a confirmation letter, and that the renewal notice should have been enough. They have said they do not do "certificates". Is this acceptable behaviour from the new insurer? They have added in their letter that unless the "certificate" is forthcoming within 7 days they will have no alternative than to "amend your premium accordingly, resulting in an additional premium to be paid." I have already provided the renewal and DL have said they will send a letter to confirm but it would seem this will not suffice. Anyone heard of a "No Claims Bonus Certificate"?

Thanks

Well in all the years I've been driving, which has included multiple insurers, I've never heard of or been asked for a 'NCB certificate', nor would I even know what it looks like! The renewal letter has always been enough.

Driving for over 47 years NCB Certificate??? always shows on renewal, if a short delay yes they may ask for update due to difference in the timings dated.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

:xThanks. Exactly what I've been thinking. The renewal has always been enough. And to state that "a statement of fact from your previous insurer" is not sufficient... well, that's got me thinking that they might be asking for something that cannot be provided - at least not by Direct Line. It's more or less saying provide us with this unattainable certificate from your previous insurer or your premiums will rise to reflect that you have no "no claims discount". Doesn't seem right...

:evil:Uhm.... Just read in the paperwork that the policy is by MarkerStudy, and that the agent is Staveley Head. A little research shows that MarkerStudy are not very popular for similar reasons...

Just read the policy schedule and the excess for Fire and Theft and Accidental Damage is £450 when the quote I had online and which I still have the email for is £350. Uggh! Can I cancel this policy and not lose any no claims discount? Surely there are unfair terms of contract here. being asked to provide - after signing and returning the policy schedule - to provide a "Certificate of No Claims" when they know I cannot. Would I be entitled to my first two months premiums back?

Any advice. Thanks