• Tweets

• I disagree with the charge and also the statements sent. Firstly I have not received any correspondence from DVLA especially a statutory notice dated 2/5/2024 or a notice 16/5/2024 voiding my licence if I had I would have responded within this timeframe. The only letter received was the single justice procedure notice dated the 29.5.2024 this was received on 4.6.2024. I also disagree with the statement that tax was dishonoured through invalid indemnity claim. I disagree that the licence be voided I purchased the vehicle in Jan 2024 from RDA car sales Pontefract with agreement to collect the car on the 28.1.2024. The garage taxed the vehicle on the 25.1.24 for eleven payments on direct debit  using my debit card on my behalf. £62.18 was the initial payment on 8.2.24  and £31 per month thereafter the second payment was 1.3.24.This would run from Jan 24 to Dec 24 and a total of £372.75, therefore the car was clearly taxed before  I took the car away After checking one of my vehicle apps  I could see the vehicle was showing as untaxed it later transpired that DVLA had cancelled my tax , without reason and I did not receive any correspondence from DVLA to state why it was cancelled or when. The original payment of £62.18 had gone through and verified by my bank Lloyds so this payment was not declined. I then set up the direct debit again straight away at my local post office branch on 15.2.2024 the first payment was £31 on 1.3.2024 and subsequent payments up to Feb 2025 with a total of £372.75 which was the same total as the original DD that was set up in Jan, Therefore I claimed the £62.18 back from my bank as an indemnity claim as this payment was from the original cancelled tax from DVLA and had been cancelled . I have checked my bank account at Lloyds and every payment since Jan 24  up to date has been taken with none rejected as follows: 8.2.24 - £62.15 1.3.24 - £31.09 2.4.24 - £31.06 1.5.24 - £31.06 3.6.23-£31.06 I have paper copies of the original DD set up conformation plus a breakdown of payments per month , and a paper copy of the second DD setup with breakdown of payments plus a receipt from the post office.I can also provide bank statements showing each payment to DVLA I also ask that my licence be reinstated due to the above  
    • You know hes had it when they call out those willing to say anything even claiming tories have reduced taxes on live tv AS Salmonella says: The Conservative Party must embrace Nigel Farage to “unite the right”, Suella Braverman has urged, following a disastrous few days for Rishi Sunak. The former home secretary told The Times there was “not much difference” between the new Reform UK leader’s policies and those of the Tories, as senior Conservatives start debating the future of the party. hers.   AND Goves replacement gets caught booking in an airbnb to claim he lives locally .. as of yesterday you can rent it yourself in late July - as he'll either be gone or claiming taxpayer funded expenses for a house - So whens farage getting around to renting (and subletting) a clacton beach hut?   Gove’s replacement caught out on constituency house claim as home found on Airbnb WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Social media users quickly pointed out house Ed McGuinness had posted photos in was available to rent     As Douglas Ross says he'll stand down in scotland - if he wins in Westminster - such devotion.
    • I've completed a draft copy to defend and will post up here for review.  Looking over the dates and payments this all stemmed from DVLA cancelling in Feb , whereby I set up a new DD in Feb hence the overlap, why they cancelled when I paid originally in Jan I have no idea. Anyway now stuck with pending court action and a suspended licence . I am also firing off a letter to DVLa recorded disputing the licence revoke
    • Thank you both for your expert knowledge and understanding. You're fighting the good fight by standing up for people like me and others with limited knowledge of this stuff. I thank you. I know all my DVLA details are good. I recently (last year) renewed my license, and my car's V5 is current with the correct details; the same is valid for my partner. I'll continue to ignore the love letters 😂 and won't let it bother either me or my partner.  I'll revisit this post if/when I get a letter of claim.  F**k ém.
    • Please check back later on today for a fuller response and some edits
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

euro car parks cardiff. got a PCN - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am in the same boat. I parked for over 2 hours in the retail car park ( car park for Sainsbury, M&S, Boots, Argos, Mcdonalds etc) My friend and I went to Mcdonalds for something to eat and a blether. We arrived about 7pm on a Monday night (the car park wasn't busy and neither was mcdonalds so no one was rushing us to clear the table for our seat so we stayed on and chatted)

We have both received a ticket for 35pounds. ( the dearest Big Mac+ fries Ive ever had)

I was wondering how AMROTHARCHER

oops... touched wrong button and message posted before i finished it-

I was about to say... I wondered how Amrotharcher got on ignoring the letters and threats of court action etc.... has it all died a death or is he still receiving threatening letters a couple of months on?

I am glad I found this site- thank you for all the helpful posts for peeps like myself that find themselves in this situation.

I would also like to ignore the letter but Im not sure if I can stomach them if they are persistent and very threatening and the costs keep going up.

It would be nice to hear from someone who has recently ignored the euro car park ticket fine and follow up letters for reassurance that it will come to nothing eventually.

Many thanks for your help x

Thank you DBC for your prompt reply. Yes the letters I expect will not be nice especially if they are from debt collectors- the last thing I want is to be black listed or affect my credit rating. Since I posted my message I have just read a new post (today) from someone who had the same problem a few months ago. She took forums advice and ignored but it seems she has now heard from a firm called Roxburgh and it doesnt sound so good and she sounded pretty upset.. the problem hasnt disappeared yet and it sounds nasty.

It is such a shame that these companies are allowed to hound folk for money like this and a lot of folk end up coughing up a fortune for fear of the consequences of ignoring the threats.

If it had been a reasonable amount then for the sake of peace I would pay. But the car park was dead on a Monday night and I wasnt taking up a much needed space plus I was giving mcdonalds my business. For £70 ( we both got fined) we could have gone to a posh restaurant- but we dont have that kind of dosh to waste. Nightmare!!

I am like the others on the forum in this predicament- im seeking reassurance that if I keep ignoring then it will all go away.And im hoping to hear the success stories from those who have had similar tickets and braved the storm. Nerves of steel are needed and loads of indigestion tablets :(

Roxburgh = the guy on the next desk. To send bailiffs around or to be blacklisted for credit there would have to be a county court judgement against you. There isn't at the moment. Come back if you ever get papers - usually from Northampton. Out of 1.8 million of these speculative invoices they took precisely 49 people to court and lost more than they won. The chances are the ones they won did not have a properly prepared defence.

It may seem nasty because it is designed to seem nasty. Doesn't mean it has the force of law - and of course it hasn't. Don't reply - totally ignore and eventually they will go away. Please send your friend on here or a similar forum for re-assurance.

Ever had a Nigerian Email telling you there is a pile of money waiting for you? Well you probably ignored it. Do the same with this.

Dear amrotharcher,

Thank you so much for taking the time to go into greater detail. That is very bad they pestered you at your work-what a liberty- and it is now months that have elapsed since you got the ticket and they still hound you.... not good.

I was looking at the letter Euro Car Parks sent me- as if 35pounds isnt bad enough they have the cheek to charge 1.50 if you pay on their website and 2.50 if you send a cheque...what a rip off.. 37.50 for parking in a free carpark after 7pm- it has put me off going anywhere near that retail park they dont deserve the business doing that to customers.

I admire how you have stood your ground and held out.. it takes gumption .. as long as they dont start banging on the front door.... what a nightmare all over something relatively minor- they must be collecting plenty fines off poor souls to be able to fund the threatening letters and phone calls to this extent.

Please keep me posted. I dont want to pay as I know I am being conned out of hard earned money but on the other hand what an ordeal spanning months I have to look forward to :-( (SIGH) as if life aint tough enough without this hanging over my head:sad:

its not fine!!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dear Dx, I know it's not fine..

..it's worrying me very much to be honest

- when money is so tight these day and i scrimp and save here and there and then I am being bullied to hand it over otherwise face months of harrassment and god knows what.

..for months I have been walking to save on fuel- that's the joke..

. 35 plus would have filled the tank a bit and saved on sore feet..

. this was a one off to meet a friend and it was late in the evening so the car came out rather than risk getting mugged

- and it was a "cheap" meet up at mcdonalds-and we both end up getting fined costing 80 pds.

.. my friend got scared and stumped up.

.. I havent paid yet as I am very annoyed and dont feel it is just...

. but it is preying on my mind every minute of the day :puke:

own thread created

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dear amrotharcher,

Thank you so much for taking the time to go into greater detail. That is very bad they pestered you at your work-what a liberty- and it is now months that have elapsed since you got the ticket and they still hound you.... not good.

I was looking at the letter Euro Car Parks sent me- as if 35pounds isnt bad enough they have the cheek to charge 1.50 if you pay on their website and 2.50 if you send a cheque...what a rip off.. 37.50 for parking in a free carpark after 7pm- it has put me off going anywhere near that retail park they dont deserve the business doing that to customers.

I admire how you have stood your ground and held out.. it takes gumption .. as long as they dont start banging on the front door.... what a nightmare all over something relatively minor- they must be collecting plenty fines off poor souls to be able to fund the threatening letters and phone calls to this extent.

Please keep me posted. I dont want to pay as I know I am being conned out of hard earned money but on the other hand what an ordeal spanning months I have to look forward to :-( (SIGH) as if life aint tough enough without this hanging over my head:sad:

There is absolutely nothing to worry about, there are numerous people up and down the country (I include myself) who have invited these companies to raise a court action and they have ran a mile in the knowledge that a properly defended action will stuff them. As for Debt Collection agents they are nothing more than mouthpieces, or to express my personal opinion in another way wind and pi-s merchants is appropriate. If you don't show any fear of these people they back off.

Dear CrocDoc, Thank you for your post. I see that you are in Edinburgh. I am in Glasgow ( the thread says Cardiff but that's because I answered a post that had that title- I got my Euro Car Park Fine in Glasgow at the local retail shopping park. My number plate was photographed then they posted the letter. You mention you have invited companies like this to raise a court action- so I take it you contacted them at some point and didn't ignore them completely? I know in the grand scale of things there are more lives lost at sea and I shouldn't get so worried but nevertheless I would be lying if I said I wasn't bothered. I'm damned if I pay it as I know I am being fleeced rotten and I'm dammed if I don't as I'll be hounded to death for the forseeable. I take my hat off to you all for holding your bottle and playing these robbing bleep bleeps at their own game. They really shouldnt be allowed to dupe folk like this- times are hard and that is a blooming fortune they are demanding. What a life eh :frusty:

I am one of the few who do respond and have very good reason for doing so (don't want to give too much away for the sake of remaining anonymous)

however I should add that I personally have only ever had one of these tickets. Having received the various junk mail from debt collection agents, I invited the retailer to instruct their contractor to raise a court action in order that a judgement could be obtained which would clarify the situation. Needless to say I never received a response or anymore begging letters . The important thing to remember here is that it would be almost impossible for these companies to go through a PROPERLY DEFENDED HEARING without bringing the major retailer into the frame, due to the publicity that such a case would attract (Something I would make sure of) major companies are extremely reluctant to become involved as any such action could seriously impact on the reputation and core businness of the company. In addition, if you look at some of the Judgements recently issued in English County Courts (The S****horpe case being the most recent as far as I am aware) Private Parking companies are finding themselves on the bones of their backside when they go down this route. It is for this reason that they use Debt Collectors who have intimidating standard letters for all occasions . This practice is also encouraged by the British Parking Association, not because they have any interest in the motorist, but more likely because they are fully aware that they may well get stuffed in the courts.

In conclusion, I fully respect the fact that many members of this site choose to completely ignore the invoices and subsequent letters, which has proved to be a very successful tactic largely because debt collectors have no legal status of any description and operate purely on a commercial basis , therfore when they recognise that they won't get paid they simply adopt a petted lip and give up.

In short stop panicking you have nothing to worry about.

Dear Crocdoc, thank you once again for explaining at length the finer details of your case. It is very reassuring that you have personally experienced this and challenged these cowboys and have been successful in seeing them off without further ado. If I were to contact the retailer ( I take it Euro Car Park is the contractor) then how do I establish who the retailer is? Is this the Landlord of the retail park? ie not Mcdonalds , Sainsburys etc who trade there. Do you know how I could find out who the landlord is for the West End Retail Park at Crow Road, Glasgow if that is the one that has employed Euro Car Parks to dish out these fines? Do you think a solicitor's letter to the appropriate person would bring an end to this chase for money?

I am at the very early stages. I have just received the letter to say I have been fined but it is dated 3rd Sept and by 17th Sept the 35pounds becomes 70pounds. I were to give in and cough up then I would have to hurry- pathetic I know.

I know Im asking a lot of questions here and I also know it is out of the goodness of your heart that you have taken the time to reply and explain so much to me- but I truly appreciate it - truly appreciate it- Sites like this and people like you restore one's faith in human kind whereas these lowlife conmen make me shudder when i read what lengths they will go to in order to get money out of an unsuspecting normal working person- it is disgusting they are allowed to trade like this-

Thank you so much Crocdoc and all those who have come to the rescue- you are good people -thank you x

If you really have received a letter that uses the word fine then you can safely ignore anything else. Private companies are not allowed to fine people.

Do not waste your money on a solicitor's letter - simply not worth it.

You need to stay strong and use the support of people around you. Above all ignore - nothing will happen apart from these letters and they may even have (gasp) scary red ink.

Ignore them.

One thing at a time, firstly if it is your decision to write then send your letter to the Customer Service manager of the complex. Give me an hour and I will rattle something up if you want as a lawyers letter will cost you more than the ppc invoice.

Point two, the increase in the charge is designed to make you pay up quickly (Dont take the bait) Look at it another way if you have no intention of paying what difference will it make if they add an additional 50 million pounds if you don't pay before Scotland wins the world cup.

Point three, these charges are arbitrary and do not reflect loss, a compensatory award cannot be greater than the actual loss.

I am cuurently at work but I will come back to you if need be.

Dear Crocdoc Thank you for that last post- it crossed with my last one- All the points you have made are very valid and I agree entirely- you know what you are talking about and I appreciate the time you have taken to help me out here- I am investigating the avenue you took -good advice-and you got a result- I will see if I can knock this on the head to avoid all the intimidation from the debt collectors & co- I will come back to you -ive got to say again what a great fellow you are - next time you come to Glasgow let me know- that goes for DBC, instrumentofjoy, Dx and the other guys out there that are knights in shining amour x

• 8 months later...

Hi - I got one of these'parking charge' notices today for same car park and came across this thread. I had been for coffee in Cafe Nero and spend some time there and then did quite a bit of shopping.... I wondered how your case had proceeded. I hate ignoring things...

Many thanks

this thread is more than 6mts old

i'd start your own one

see the video below

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

Hi, AFE - I to have just received a 'charge' for staying in that same car park for over 2 hours. I was having coffee/lunch in Café Nero and then shopping. I just wondered what you had done to help me decide the best way forward. I didn't even notice that the time was limited and was shopping in any case.

Thanks

this thread is more than 6mts old

i'd start your own one

see the video below

and they