Car finance gone wrong

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OUCH!

hi all this is my first post so ill try to not bore you!

I signed up for CarFinance247 i was then refused then bombarded with calls from ACF Car Finance.

2 Weeks Later I decided to take ACF up on their offer and received a like shiny newish Mondeo for £9k even thought its just worth 5-6K and paid a £200 Deposit

I have my own insurance

when attempted to leave ACF then forced me to take out a whole new insurance for 1 year

as they wanted to make sure I had appropriate cover to ensure they get their Money Quickly ( Fair enough )

Leave with the Car and drive home

1 Week Later : Tyre Flat, Engine Misfire, and Engine management Light come on... ( again no big deal. Sh*T Happens i guess )

Another Week Later ( 12 Days After Finance Taken )

They Call me to inform me that they have cancelled the agreement and want the car back because the lender has decided to back out

because the bank didnt have my home address on file. (changed it to my ex girlfriends address a little while back.

I want to find out where i stand Legally

can I be arrested on the way to work and have the police intervene.

And can they report the car stolen?

I believe the car can be repossessed but I want to use it as long as possible because I have shelled out £800 + for 2 weeks driving.

£200 Deposit

£250 insurance deposit ( 12 Month policy )

£400 maintenance

VERY STRANGE

Presumably you have a copy of the agreement, which is proof of purchase.

This is a civil matter and most certainly not criminal. Judging by the list of faults returning the vehicle may not be a bad idea so long as you recover everything you have paid from the seller. If they refuse I would dig my heels in and force them to go through the courts.

I have never heard of such a scenario before.

Anyone else have any suggestions