Arrow Global/Brian Carter court proceedings - need help!***Discontinued***

DCAtarget
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Within my AQ (sectiom G) I wrote the following:

1 The Particulars of Claim provided by the Claimant are inadequate in order to fully appreciate the case I have to meet, in particular the agreement relied upon, the date on which it was made, the terms thereof and whether regulated and if so by what statutory provision, the means by which it was terminated, the manner by which the claim is calculated, its alleged assignment and the Claimant's entitlement to interest. Unless the Claimant have by 12/12/12 filed and served upon the Defendant fully particularized Particulars of Claim comprising but not limited to particulars of the agreement relied upon, the date on which it was made, the terms thereof and whether regulated and if so by what statutory provision, the means by which it was terminated, the manner by which the claim is calculated, its alleged assignment and the Claimant's entitlement to interest, I will make application for the claim to be struck out and the Defendant shall be at liberty without further order to apply to this court for judgement and for costs on the standard basis to be subject to detailed assessment proceedings if not agreed.

2 In the event of compliance with paragraph 1 of this order this case shall be allocated to the small claims track and there shall be a stay of proceedings until 09/01/13 to enable the parties to settle using the small claims mediation service.

As the first date has passed what if anything is my next step?

The hearing date is 19th Feb with a mediation appointment 1st week of Jan.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mediation should be attempted first DCA...if that fails then the DJ should direct taking into account your comments in G.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

I had my mediation appointment today. Through mediation Arrow Global revealed the name of original creditor, date of account opening in 2004, defaulted date in 2005 and date of last payment made in 2008. They could also tell me the amount of last payment. They also told me they bought the account in Dec 2010.

They revealed that they did not yet have a copy of the original agreement but they would get it before the case.

They have also offered a £800 settlement figure. The amount alleged to be owed is circa £1100, likely to be circa £1300 if it went to court and I lost.

I am really after some advice as to whether anyone thinks I should accept offer. I asked for some time to think about it and said I would let them know tomorrow.

To further add a potential spanner in the works I have done some serious digging around some very old paperwork and found the following (scanner not working so it's as typed):

25th July 2008

Dear DCA Target

Thank you for your request for a signed copy of the relevant agreement under the Consumer Credit Act. I can now confirm that on this occassion we are unable to provide a copy of the signed agreement requested. We therefore return the £1.00 payment submitted in that connection.

We are now closing the account and returning it to our client.

Yours sincerely,

Name

Moorcroft Debt Recovery

This followed a CCA request I made that year. They sold this on to AIC afterwards in Sept. that year who I wrote to saying account was in dispute. As outlined in very early posts not heard anything since.

Would this now have any bearing on the case bearing in mind I have submitted defense and AQ?

Really appreciate advise today if possible. As ever I am grateful for the help.

Hi DC

The decision really is yours...nice settlement figure or decide to call their bluff and hope they cant produce an agreement.

They could still with the right DJ get a result on the balance of probabilities and the history they can produce.

You really are at the mercy of the DJ if he insists they disclose the agreement.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks Andy, I know predicting what a DJ is likely to do or think on the case is very difficult to predict and the decision on what to do next will of course be something I'll ultimately have to make myself, but what's your gut feeling on it? In essence what would you do in my shoes?

I didn't realise that the claimant had any chance of winning without a copy of the agreement so really glad I posted tonight for that fact alone. Thanks.

a few things -

IS THIS the natwest credit card you thought it was?

sthey are actually just offering £180 discount, as the debt itself is only £989.81

there is no way to know if this debt contains

PENALTY charges or PPI

IMHO, and i'm not legally minded

i would refuse the offer

can you use the fact of SAR non compliance

to extend things again or swing the judge

they must have a statement of account

if not , how can they be offering a discount - me thinks they know all too well.

my thougthts only.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I agree with DX the strength and nature of the dispute will add weight along with the age of the agreement.If its pre 2007 then they must produce the agreement to enforce.Me personally ...reading between the lines .....would call their bluff..... if you also have other matters to dispute apart from the missing CCA.

Andy

Hi Dx,

It is the Natwest account I'd suspected. Although the debt is £989.XX it's a little higher due to solicitors costs and court fees which have been added to account. I'm pretty sure there is no PPI on the account although it's possible there could be charges on there.

they are offering a discount for areason

i'd doubt it because of no CCA.

have you had no statements or a statement of account at all?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

The account was opened in 2004, so just to be clear are you saying they would need a copy of the agreement to win in court? They couldn't win on balance of probability??

I made a request for the credit agreement to Moorcroft back in 2008 and stopped paying as they were unable to produce a copy. The account was in then in dispute, didn't hear anything from Arrow who apparently bought this in 2010 until they brought the case in the summer of last year.

Although I suspected it related to Natwest account this was not mentioned in the POS or any communication from AG. I've had no statements or statement of account from AG and they have not answered my requests made under the CPRs which included a request for a copy of the agreement, dafault etc.

I SAR'd Natwest back in August and finally they are starting to comply -- they have so far just sent me the personal details they have on me (name address etc), not agreement copies etc however I understand they send things in stages.

Dx - What reason do you think they are offering a discount if you doubt it's because of no CCA?

Pre 2007 means they cant rely on a reconstituted version however it all depends on the DJ on the day re original agreement and or balance of probabilities.If he follows the law it should be thrown out ...probably the reason for discount and mediation.

This will be in small claims, so costs would be limited..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Dcat

Just got your PM, tbh I'd probably do the same but then its relatively low in quantum and possible costs exposure........ and it would be my money I'd be gambling with.

As the others have pointed out its pre 2007 so the original agreement should be required, whether you can convince the dj of that is another matter entirely. You just need to get your ducks in a row and feel confident in countering the other sides argument if it progresses to trial.

Just wondering whether it would serve any purpose to send a s78 dispute to them now with reference to Moorcrofts response in 2008. If nothing else it gives you a further reference point to bring to the courts attention in your w/s.

look at it from the points solely being reliant only on what has come thru THEM toward the case

no statement of account.

no idea WHAT the debt is.

failure to provide ANY paperwork on the debt.

add to this list

dx

and they

Thanks guys. I think sending a S78 dispute to Arrow relating to the letter from Moorcroft is a good idea. Would the draft letter below do the job do you think? Also, should I copy in the court do you think?

Re: Arrow Global Limited v DCATarget. Case No: XXXXXXXX

Your Ref: ARR/XXXXXXXX

Account number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

I refer to the enclosed letter dated (28th July 2008) in which Moorcroft confirm that they were unable to comply with my formal request pursuant to s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

However, despite the account being in default, you have made an unlawful demand for payment contrary to s.78(6) of the CCA 1974 and the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I note that the Credit Services Association, in the first paragraph of its Code, state that members must act lawfully at all times. Furthermore, under the CPUTR 2008 failing to comply with a code of conduct to which you have subscribed is unfair trading.

Sounds ok to me :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Great, thanks guys. Appreciate it as ever :)

Will get it posted tomorrow recorded del as suggested. Court date just over a month now and already starting to get a bit nervous so no doubt I'll be back here again panicking about something else sometime soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, it's less than 2 weeks to go till court date. Not heard from court with regard to directions in section G of my AQ or from AG. Still not had a response to my requests under CPR. Have heard from OC that they dont have a record of any credit card account with them following my SAR, however they do say I should let them know previous address (despite this being in original letter to them with account number).

Anyone advise on what I should do? Should I have heard anything by now? This will be my first time going to court so still a bit unsure of things.

Thanks, as ever.

Hi DCA

You wont hear anything with regards to directions this is a Small Claims Track case AQ N149...you cant request Directions...you can suggest them but the DJ runs the show in SCT...allocating and directing.

Regards

Andy

Ok thanks Andy.

Finally then, my case is being heard in just over a weeks time. Anyone got any general advice or tips to help things go smoothly?

Still not heard anything else from AG. Is it normal that they wouldn't send me anything they are wanting to rely on in court? I have still not received a copy of the agreement or anything else from them relating the account in question. Will this in itself help my case?

Sorry for all the questions but I really am grateful for your time.

Ok thanks Andy.

Finally then, my case is being heard in just over a weeks time. Anyone got any general advice or tips to help things go smoothly?

Still not heard anything else from AG. Is it normal that they wouldn't send me anything they are wanting to rely on in court? I have still not received a copy of the agreement or anything else from them relating the account in question. Will this in itself help my case?

Sorry for all the questions but I really am grateful for your time.

Just be yourself - go smartly dressed (this isnt an excuse to go and splash out on a new outfit, just dont turn up in a tracksuit!!)

Make sure you have all your original paperwork, such as it is as you havent been provided with anything and as far as I can see, you are still not even sure who the original creditor is or what this debt is. You certainly know for sure you didnt entere into an agreement with Arrow Global and no one has advised you who the OC was. You have not received a Notice of Assignment from Arrow at any time.

You should type up for yourself some notes, perhaps if you can anticipate some of the questions so you can have your responses to hand.

Organise what paperwork you do have so you can find it easy. Judges will expect nerves - what they are looking for is honesty in replies. Try not to interrupt either the Judge or the opposition. It can be very tempting to sometimes !!

The Judge will ask the opposition to speak first as it is their claim - then he will ask for your side of things.

BCOBS