Retailer refusing to refund cost after manufacturer replaced item

majica8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, a few months ago I posted another thread, can't link because my post count is too low but if you want to read it I'm sure you can get to it through my profile.

Long story short if you don't want to read it, I got a new PC power supply for Christmas 2011, developed a fault after a few months, returned to retailer but they refused to do anything.

Anyway, last month I coughed up the £36 testing and return fee with the understanding that if (actually when as it had already been arranged) the manufacturer replaced the power supply, the retailer would refund that £36.

The swap is still taking place, the manufacturer has confirmed they are sending out a new power supply today. I e-mailed the retailer yesterday to ask what they needed to process my refund and was met with this reply:

"We require confirmation that OCZ tested the PSU you returned to them and it was confirmed to be faulty, rather than them simply just replacing the unit."

Now, I could give them the RMA number but other than that I have no idea what OCZ did once they received my power supply. But surely the fact they have replaced it is proof enough? What are my options if the retailer still refuses? Give them a few days/weeks then file a Money Claim Online form?

Thanks

Thanks for posting the link for me.

In addition to my original post, am I also right in thinking they not only have to refund my £36, but they also have to refund the postage for the cheque I sent to pay for the return? They actually lost the cheque and never cashed it, but I have proof of postage (with the address it was sent to) and delivery.