Argos amd DCA'S partly given up the ghost on me?

j_semple
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You need to get the Vodaphone rep who is on this site on the case, they took over 3G accounts a while ago.

He is very good at getting the DCAs off your back and sorting things out.

He isn't around till tomorrow but will certainly help out. Search for Lee Vodaphone Rep and let him know what is going on.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowlifes & 3G they don't go together and are very easy to send packing, unfortunately I don't have the time for the next two weeks, however Lowlifes, you can defo ignore, they can't and won't do a single thing, 3G are the ones you need to hammer, get the CEO's email and harass him, he will kill it dead within 48 hours......unless you do seriously owe them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I'm not too worried about Lowells either. I have managed to see off Moorcroft and Fredrickson's so far this year with so much ease it's almost laughable. I don't expect lowells to last too much longer after I get done with them.

Seems this morning that I might have lowells on the ropes already. ;)

Thank you for taking the time to email us on 25 October 2010, I have fully noted all the points you have raised. I am sorry that you have had reason to contact us but appreciate the opportunity to investigate this matter.

I have been asked to investigate and respond to your concerns on behalf of our Executive Team and can confirm that I will be conducting a thorough investigation into the issues raised. Upon completion of this investigation I will email you again with our resolution.

I would also like to reassure you that whilst my investigations are ongoing we will place the account on hold, which means we will not be carrying out any collections activities, until your complaint has been resolved.

In the meantime, if you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me by calling the free telephone number: 0800 542 0058*, which brings you directly through to the Consumer Relations Department.

Kind regards

Craig Hall

Consumer Relations Team

Tel: 0800 542 0058

Executive team!!!!:spit:

Investigation!!!:der:

Consumer relations!!!!:flypig:

They must have been at the cooking sherry again, poor deluded fools....I didn't know that lowlifes were in the retail business, consumers eh!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Little bt of an amusing update. Got a email back saying they still ivtestigating bla bla bla. I was trying to reply back saying OK then but my email addy's been blocked as my reply got sent back to me :p My heart bleeds :p

I have not denied this debt (In hindsight I was prob wrong to cancel when I did but I did attempt to inform 3G That I wanted to cancel I maintain (Despte their insistence that I didn't) Anyway, This came back to me this morning:

write in response to your email of 25 October 2010 and would like to thank you for your patience whilst I have investigated your concerns. I am sorry you have felt it necessary to contact us regarding your experiences and I am now in a position to respond to you.

In reference to the above stated account, I can confirm that the Lowell Group of Companies purchased this debt from 3G, including all rights and benefits, on 25 August 2010 with the intention of helping you find an affordable repayment plan to clear the outstanding balance. With this in mind, 3G are unable to enter into any negotiations as requested in your email of 1 November 2010 as they are no longer the owners of the account.

I take note of your comments regarding previous letters sent to you in connection with this matter and your intended action should you receive subsequent letters in connection with monies owed; however, our collections processes are in line with guidelines set by the Office of Fair Trading and I am satisfied that we have adhered to these and acted appropriately, though I am sorry if you do not feel this to be the case.

It is my aim to help resolve this matter amicably and to the satisfaction of each party; I have considered your payment offer of 10% of the balance in full and final settlement and, in the interests of amicably resolving this matter, I am prepared to accept this as a gesture of goodwill. A full and final payment of £43.59 is therefore required and I kindly ask that you contact me to confirm your intended payment method.

Upon receipt of your payment, our files will be closed accordingly.

I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and as I believe we have now reached an amicable resolution, I will be closing your complaint. If for any reason you do not believe the matter to be resolved, please come back to me and I will re-open your file.

Kind regards

I said that I was only paying off 10% of the balance and the lowlifes have accepted. After I pay this? Should it be off the record? (I've requested a payment slip as I ain't giving the **** my bank details)

Edited by j_semple

Hi j_s

Not a bad result in some ways but in others why would they accept 10% if this was fully enforceable

Anyway . . if you're happy with this and you intend to pay you need to get from them in writing first that this is indeed a F & F and that after this you CRF will be cleared and the guarantee that the remaining balance will be wiped and not passed on

You need to be 100% sure that this will be the end of it

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

That's what i'll draft in a leter when i'm sending it back to them. Official confirmation that it's closed/wped from the record and won't be passed on (I'll get them to confirm in writing to me) Already requested via email the same thing. Prob accepted 10% to get me to bugger off who knows. :p I got the amount sitting here for them. I'll scan whatever letters I get when I get them (Another thing I want out my way) I can concentrate on my biggest battle now which is Argos Card Services. ;)

That's what i'll draft in a leter when i'm sending it back to them. Official confirmation that it's closed/wped from the record and won't be passed on (I'll get them to confirm in writing to me) Already requested via email the same thing. Prob accepted 10% to get me to bugger off who knows. :p I got the amount sitting here for them. I'll scan whatever letters I get when I get them (Another thing I want out my way) I can concentrate on my biggest battle now which is Argos Card Services. ;)

j_s

Get the written confirmation BEFORE you part with a penny

Don't leave it to chance that they'll accept payment and then comply with your request

R

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Got this:

Thank you for your prompt response, I am pleased that you wish to proceed with the full and final settlement offer of £43.59.

Unfortunately we do not provide payment slips but do however offer a variety of repayment options for your convenience. I have detailed the available options below for your consideration:

· A cheque made payable to Lowell Financial Ltd can be forwarded to Lowell Financial Ltd, PO Box 172, Leeds, LS11 9WS (Please ensure account number is referenced to help us attribute this to your account)

·

O

One-off debit/credit card payment

·

Postal Order (Post Office)(Please ensure account number is referenced to help us attribute this to your account)

·

Bank payment – Sort Code: 20-19-90, Account number: 40997765 (Please ensure account number is referenced to help us attribute this to your account)

I can assure you that, following a successful payment of £43.59, this account will be closed as settled and confirmed in writing by me for your records. No subsequent contact will then be made by the Lowell Group of Companies in connection with this matter.

I would like to thank you for your cooperation and look forward to your payment.

Kind regards

Edited by j_semple

Can I suggest you remove your account number from the email, don't want anyone else to know it

No subsequent contact will then be made by the Lowell Group of Companies in connection with this matter.

Not worried about Lowell but I would want to be sure that what ever action they take it will deffinately mean that no other DCA will be able to come after me further down the line

Just my cynical side coming through :sad:

R

Removed the account number. Also written back again asking for it to be confirmed about any other potental DCA'S chasing for the rest. (I've also asked for this to be sent to me via writing too)

Oh well it's just sit and wait

Hope this goes to plan and you manage to get rid of this sorry bunch

R

More:

I am more than happy to confirm this in writing for you and will issue this shortly.

If making a payment via your bank is preferable to you, please take the banking information provided earlier and a bank representative will arrange a one-off payment to us. It is worth noting that you must hold a bank account with them to make this payment.

For clarity, once we successfully receive the requested payment of £43.59, your account will be closed. As this will clear the debt, there is no requirement to pass this to any other agency in the future.

Kind Regards

That should get me sorted out surely.

Edited by j_semple

Sounds good j_s

Nice one

R

This could put the cat among the pigeons. Proof that Lowell are watching these forums:

Written confirmation has been sent to you in the post and should arrive shortly. This confirms the agreement reached and the assurances you seek.

Whilst I cannot stop you posting the content of my responses on the Consumer Action Group website, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from including my name, as no prior permission has been given allowing you to do this.

Once again I would like to thank you for your cooperation and look forward to receiving your payment.

Kind regards

This could put the cat among the pigeons. Proof that Lowell are watching these forums:

Written confirmation has been sent to you in the post and should arrive shortly. This confirms the agreement reached and the assurances you seek.

Whilst I cannot stop you posting the content of my responses on the Consumer Action Group website, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from including my name, as no prior permission has been given allowing you to do this.

Once again I would like to thank you for your cooperation and look forward to receiving your payment.

Kind regards

Of course they do :razz:

At least this guy has been of more use than his colleague James who has one bog standard post he uses and then does a runner when challenged :?:

R

• 2 weeks later...

Just to bring this up to date a little.

As per my email of 10 November 2010, I have continued to monitor the account with regard to your payment and can confirm that this has successfully been received today. This payment represents settlement of the balance in full and final and I have now closed the account as previously agreed. You will receive no further contact from the Lowell Group of Companies in relation to this account, nor will we refer it to any other organisation for collection activity.

Confirmation of this will follow in the post as requested and I would like to thank you once again for your cooperation.

Kind regards

I'll be keeping the letter by the side just to make sure no other DCA comes chasing as you have all seen for yourself the proof that the account's been closed and nobody else can come chasing.