Need urgent advice about Jobseeker's Allowance

K301982P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have you advised the JCP about your complaint with/against the work programme.

If you haven't then I would advise that you do as the complaints need to filtered back up to the Government through the regional areas as WP will claim that everything is running as it should with very few issues.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know which one is more useless, the Job Centre or the Work Programme provider.

If I recall correctly, studies suggest that WP Providers are not as effective at getting folks into work than JCP's own staff.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Believe me, I'd much rather be in an office job even on £6.50 an hour than dealing with the buffoons at the Job Centre or especially the Work Programme provider, they treat you like your thick as s*** and advise you or tell you how to apply for jobs and make you go to job clubs for the same thing that I would be doing at home.

I'm not thick, I've got 8 GCSE's B-E, including a C in Maths and English and I have been to college this year and got new qualifications in ECDL and Administration, but these people act as if you've got no qualifications or anything, they treat you like crap on the bottom of their shoe.

K301982P please don't forget that some of us buffoons that work at JCP post on here in their home time and offer advice where possible!

Yeah, let's dial it back, folks. The JCP staff who post here don't get paid to do so, and they help a lot of people.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

K301982P please don't forget that some of us buffoons that work at JCP post on here in their home time and offer advice where possible!

Sorry, it is more aimed at the Work Programme staff than the Jobcentre as in my experience some Jobcentre staff are ok.

Maybe the problem is that the term was only addressed for those to whom the cap fits not a sweeping generalisation of all WP and JCP workers....would the same have happened if the word buffoons had been replaced by a positive term I wonder?

I do feel very sorry for those who work in those roles and are struggling to maintain a degree of positivity and helpfulness and compassion etc it is not as if it can be easy and I for one appreciate their help both on the forum and if I encounter a rare one in my dealings.:-)

Maybe the problem is that the term was only addressed for those to whom the cap fits not a sweeping generalisation of all WP and JCP workers....would the same have happened if the word buffoons had been replaced by a positive term I wonder?

I do feel very sorry for those who work in those roles and are struggling to maintain a degree of positivity and helpfulness and compassion etc it is not as if it can be easy and I for one appreciate their help both on the forum and if I encounter a rare one in my dealings.:-)

Well, if someone referred to the "helpful and kind staff of JCP" then no, of course we wouldn't have complained.

Just to be clear, we don't prohibit insults directed at JCP staff because CAG has some official policy on the quality of civil servants or whatever. We do it because it's disruptive to the forum. DWP staff post here in their free time and help many posters. It seems likely that if they are routinely called "buffoons" on this forum, they might simply decide it's not worth the hassle of coming here and we'd lose a valuable source of advice.

In case anyone's wondering, we don't allow insults directed at benefit claimants either.

Yes sometimes there are positive comments made about JCP/DWP workers, but as I am frequently verbally and physically assaulted at work I certainly do not appreciate being treated in the same manner either face to face or on the pc in my own time (the worst is when it is in front of my children in the high street).

I originally joined this forum in August 2007 to find out about some debt advice for a friend and stumbled on this part of the forum by accident, I answered a query and received abuse for posting my answer, I was heavily pregnant at the time and didn't need the aggro so I left and only ventured back here just over 1 year ago.

I actually like my job and yes there are time where I don't when I'm in a position of not being able to help simply because the system doesn't allow me to and not because I'm being awkward, disrepectful or rude, most people who walk through the doors of JCP are vunerable and in genuine need and sometomes I have to take time out as someones circumstances effect to the point where I break down in tears in the staff area. I endeavour to treat everyone as an individual and help as best as I can but due to regulations, guidance etc it isn't always possible.

I suppose my problem is that I don't like being painted with the same brush as those people who also work at DWP/JCP that don't have the experience, knowledge or compassion that I have in my job role, I was raised to treat others the way I want t be treated myself and for that I don't find it acceptable to be abused in any shape or form.

If I am given bad service in a supermarket I don't automatically tar every other worker in that store with the same brush so why is it acceptable to do it to me?

• 3 weeks later...

*********UPDATE**********

I think I may have won the war and the appeal, I was paid last Friday but today I had a 2 week payment appear in my account which suggests the Appeal has been won and they have coughed up the 2 weeks money I was sanctioned for, should get confirmation through the post shortly.

So the MP involved helped me and I never gave up.

I even had the big boss of the Work Programme from Head Office ring me that's how much I have pushed this and they seemed worried, they were trying to get me to withdraw everything and close the matter but I beat the DWP on this one it seems.

I hope the Work Programme and the DWP are more wary of sanctioning me for something so unreasonable in the future.