Capability Ill Health Meeting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wonder if anyone can give me a few pointers when I attend this meeting please?

Brief history...was taken ill Feb 14th 2011 spent 5 weeks in hospital, in which time I had to have an operation to repair a ruptured intestine and after suffered many serious post-op complications, I have kept my work Manger informed of my progress or lack of it, supplied sick notes as needed.

My sick pay ended after 26 weeks and am now on ESA(support) and DLA.

I cannot return, as yet, to my employment due to my wound refusing to heal and being an infection risk, both for myself and the people I would be caring for,also will need further surgery to correct some complications caused by the first operation.

The letter that arrived today informing me of this meeting mentions the points that will be covered by the meeting such as impact on the team, impact on management team, impact on the employee and cost.

I understand the problems of replacing me with another member of staff but as for management time and cost...well other than a meeting lasting 10 to 15 mins every couple of months no other management has been involved and as for costs, they didn't pay me any sick pay and have not received any holiday pay that I think I was entitled to over the past year.

Can anyone confirm that I am entitled to accrued holiday pay when I am on sick leave or am I mistaken? Also they asked my Doctor if he would class me as disabled which he answered yes, should they offer me another position in the company? I work in one of the largest private health care providers in this country.

yes you are entitled to holiday pay

if you are unable to work in any capacity then there is no point in offering you different employment.

You should be prepared that they may dismiss or start the process. How long until you are back to work? A reasonably firm date may make retaining employment easier.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

That is the problem, no one can say when I will be fit enough to undergo another op that I need to correct what went wrong after the first operation, until that is done I am unable to move or lift anything of any weight and as part of my employment is moving and handling clients I cant return to work, also the original operation site is refusing to heal, going to be referred to a plastics surgeon for a possible skin graft.

highly unlikely your employer will let that go on indefinitely, I am afraid. Are you also getting benefits advice?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I have already got ESA(support) and DLA medium care and high mobility. Plus some help with rent and council tax, LA will only pay 1/3 of my rent as my son and myself are on the rental agreement, it is a 3 bedroomed house, 3rd bedroom for my daughter who was at university, they said we didnt need the 3rd bedroom, so would only pay a third of the rent.