Buchanan Clark & Wells/N Power

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, just after some advice on how best to handle this company.

We moved house last December and submitted our gas meter reading to N/Power. We didn't hear anything for months until we eventually got a bill through. We queried the bill as it had the supply period ending on 08/03/2012 which would be just over 2 months since we left. They got back to us telling us that they had used the meter reading we gave them.

So, yesterday we got our first letter from BCW in the form of a FINAL NOTICE with the same inaccurate supply period.

However, they have decided that on top of the bill they are going to add another 12.5% ' to reimburse our clients for the costs incurred in recovering this debt'.

This adds another £102.22 which I think is probably the biggest admin fee I have ever encountered.

What is the best approach with these people and has anyone else had any similar problems with them?

Thanks - Lee.

What you do here, is enter into an official complaint with Npower and at the end of this, purely pay what you owe for your usage to Npower and no admin fees or charges. Don't have anything to do with BCW, apart from writing to them, once your complaint is registered with Npower, saying that you are going down the Npower complaints route. BCW then have to back out and stop any collection activity.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

What you do here, is enter into an official complaint with Npower and at the end of this, purely pay what you owe for your usage to Npower and no admin fees or charges. Don't have anything to do with BCW, apart from writing to them, once your complaint is registered with Npower, saying that you are going down the Npower complaints route. BCW then have to back out and stop any collection activity.

Thanks unclebulgaria67. We also need to look into the bill as we're not 100% they're telling us the truth about using the reading we submitted and might be using one from the next tenants. Otherwise surely they would have closed the account in Dec'11 instead March 12.

Thanks unclebulgaria67. We also need to look into the bill as we're not 100% they're telling us the truth about using the reading we submitted and might be using one from the next tenants. Otherwise surely they would have closed the account in Dec'11 instead March 12.

If a debt is in dispute it has to go back to the original creditor, for obvious reasons, that they are the only ones that are able to deal with it.

I am sure that you will be able to resolve with NPower and just pay what you owe for your usage.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread