BBC Rogue Traders' Dan Penteado admits benefit fraud

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's people like this that make life much more difficult for genuine people, in genuine need - this is why those genuine ones needing benefits are having such a hard time of it in the press lately!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

He has handed himself in... His case is being heard on July 17 at Bournemouth Magistrates' Court, if he turns up that is. . . searchwiddit.png

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

He has handed himself in... His case is being heard on July 17 at Bournemouth Magistrates' Court, if he turns up that is. . . searchwiddit.png

Oh thank you for that UK! I will keep my eye out to see what happens!

Do you think it's possible that it was a genuine mistake, or an error with the housing benefit forms?

I'm sure the truth will come out eventually!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Sounds genuine , if he handed himself in. Would not like to see anyone lose a job , because of a mistake , plus the system keeps changing these days , they did with the inheritence tax a couple a of years back , and his accountant didnt even know about the new law that they had decided to backdate it. So fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...

and will not be returning to the show

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

12 weeks, £24,000 so £2000 per week... not bad work if you can find it!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Shame as he seemed like an honest person. I also dont know how he could not have known he had to inform the benefits people he was working. I am surprised he was sent to prison though as I have heard of people working in the councils departments and claiming all sorts of stuff,,, they got found out and very few were sent to prison. What Dan did was wrong and he will take his punishment,, But its not like some vile people who do things and get away with it and still walk the streets while others have suffered. I wont go into detail but I think you know what I mean.

Having a lovely early finish today... should be doing my chores,, too comfy on my sofa though!

If someone took £24,000 unlawfully from any other entity that the tax coffer, and only got 12 weeks there would be an outcry.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Will he be paying the money back too? In one way, I don't understand why we send people who commit benefit fraud to prison. I mean, they've stolen money and by putting them in prison, they're costing us more money.

Do date all he had paid back was £210! Even though he has been ordered to pay it all back!

@Malb - I understand exactly what you're saying, but those "vile people" are usually dealt with by the police when they're caught out - however this concept that benefit fraud isn't "real" fraud is ridiculous.

Those who commit benefit fraud are not only stealing from each and every hard working tax payer in the country - but they're also stealing from a system that is there for the security of those who really need it, not just as an added extra to perhaps cover extra luxuries such as spending money for their next holiday, or to say run an extra car.

I would expect every single person who works hard and pays their way in this country to be outraged by people who steal from the system they pay into!

There are pensioners out there who are having to go back to work because their state pension that they worked hard to pay for all those years, is not enough to survive on!

If someone took £24,000 unlawfully from any other entity that the tax coffer, and only got 12 weeks there would be an outcry.

I wholeheartedly agree!!!!

12wks is no where near long enough in my opinion - although, as Nystagmite said, the longer in jail, the more cost to taxpayers - and the les money he is able to earn to repay back what he has thieved!

19k a year for such a tiny workload on bbc rogue traders is not a bad whack.

A waste of license payers' money too!

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

Welcome to the UK 2012.

The list is endless, but here is an example >>>HERE

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.