Lowells response to cca request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks Lowells have contacted me recently about a old la redout catalogue debt which I was positive IT was statute barred but they said otherwise so I requested a cca and the sent me a letter saying because it is an old account the original creditor has been unable to locate it and they were leaving it for now but may be back in touch if they find it!!, Then today They have sent me a letter saying they are not obliged to send me the original copy and they have sent me a copy of what mine would look like and saying I would have signed it at the time the credit agreement was taken out, It was completely blank??!! They are demanding I now pay the full amount!! I'm quite confused by it! Am I right in thinking they have to provide me with something with my actual signature on it!!

Hi Jed,

Before we get to the CCA, have you asked Lowell's where the payment came from? what date? If by card, cheque, bank giro etc?

DCA's are well known for a phantom payment to stop an account going into Statute Barred Status.

The laws on CCA's have changed but as yours was before the change 2006/7, then yes Lowell's would need to provide the original agreement in Court.

I'd personally ask Lowell's the following first - What date was the last payment? At what location (if via a branch/post office)? By what form of payment (you also need card number/cheque number/account details etc)?

Is the debt listed on your credit file?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

If last payment was in 2006 and you live in Scotland, then the debt would have been Statute Barred in 2011.

Send Lowells this... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?424-Statute-Barred-Letter-SCOTLAND

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you