Looking for a recommendation for car hire

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On this occassion I am looking for a recommendation for a car hire company from Glasgow airport that does not require a credit card.

i havent used a credit card for 5 years (and havent needed one) only debit/electron cards. The major suppliers seem to need a credit card to hold a deposit. Do you know of anyone that hires without one please.

You should be ok with a debit card although they will take the deposit from your account and refund it at the end of the rental as opposed to just obtaining authorization from a CC. All the nationals (Enterprise/Hertz etc) only except payments by debit/credit card as far as I know. They do it as a form of backing up your ID. Only the small independent car hire firms except cash theses days.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

I would guess they would leave a car at the airport for you - but check the details first - I also think I have paid them with a bank rather than credit card in the past.

I normally use them for hiring vans to delivery things in Glasgow between lets, but they do cars too. Their prices were good and the vehicles have all been in good condition and ran well.

http://www.portmanrentals.com/product.asp?cat=10&prod=20

I just checked the site - and that is the only car they are listing. However, I suspect its the site, as in the past friends coming to the UK hired cars to match their numbers too.