hmrc was seeking a ccj against my limited company for corporation tax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i forgot to say. i rang the business helpline. although helpful they have made me feel worse!

it looks as though i have been trading insolvant. the lady on the phone said this will almost certainly mean i will be chased for tax personally. if this happens does anybody know if they will be more flexible on how i pay it back? i am now sh!tting myself.

Hi

Im afraid thats how it is sometimes with advice, not always what you want or expect to hear.

The people at Business Debtline know their stuff and can only give the appropriate advice and information based on the situation and circumstances.

Anyway, best wishes and hope things eventually turn out OK for you.

Hi

Im afraid thats how it is sometimes with advice, not always what you want or expect to hear.

The people at Business Debtline know their stuff and can only give the appropriate advice and information based on the situation and circumstances.

Anyway, best wishes and hope things eventually turn out OK for you.

its not all bad. she gave me some very helpful information if they do come personally for me.

i was thinking last night. the hmrc encourage trading whilst insolvant!!!the lady i spoke to said to pay what i could afford. i told her i was thinking of going insolvant but i did want to pay it off long term. she said pay the 500 for 3 months and to phone back to see where we are and to think more about what i'm going to do. seems strange that they are encouraging me to trade whilst insolvent to pay something to them. i think that is all they are after to be honest. just to get something out of me. but looking back i have been chasing it for 10 years and year after year it because of the hmrc not giving me time to pay things that i am trading insolvant. could this be a defense i wonder?

i have another question.

if i cease trading. what happens to my buisness bank account? do i close it down or do i leave it open but dormant?

the problem i may have is its with the same bank as my personal account and they are linked. i.e. i cant get a personal loan without the approval of my buisness manager.

• 3 weeks later...

i have ceased trading now and the letters have gone out stating this.what happens next?and i am suopposed to submit a vat return at the end of this month so what do i do with that?

just had yet another company offering a pain free liquidation for the sum of 4k + vat. saying that if i have a interview with the OR (which i presume is receiving officer) then i will be chased for taking illegal dividends. are they scarmongering?? i am starting to think how can they offer this service with no comebacks????

I am starting to think how can they offer this service with no comebacks????

They can't! All IP's are Officers of the Courts and they have a duty to investigate the affairs of the company and the conduct of the Directors. They also have a duty to get the maximum return for creditors so if they see a o/d DLA they have to try and get it back. In reality the IP will see the o/d DLA as extra fees for them and will therefore chase it harder to get it from you rather than trying to realise the money for the benefit of creditors

The OR is the Official Receiver

No need to submit Vat returns