Statutory minimum for living costs after debts???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there an Imp in the house!? :-x

Just had sight of my son's Bank statement and despite handing in a letter over a week ago, telling them to cease ALL CPA's on his account, they are STILL allowing payments to be made to PDL companies AND have let his £100 OD drift up to over double that - for the first time ever!!!!!!?????

This also means that the PDLs we wrote to, instructing THEM to cease deductions because of his circumstances - lost his job, on benefits etc - are also STILL taking money from his account!!!!!!

Surely, this is not proper or indeed LEGAL is it?????????

Assistance required over here - I'm mad as hell and will be in touch with the Bank shortly, so best call for an ambulance.....

You MUST go straight to the bank and DEMAND a refund. I take it you cancelled the CPA's in writing? If they still wont cancel the CPA's, then you MUST file a formal complaint with the bank and also take down the names and ID's of the employees you talk to. Do NOT talk to the front desk staff. Go as high as you possibly can. If they still refuse to refund, write directly to the CEO of your bank, and also contact the FOS/FSA/OFT.

The bank is clearly breaking the law as you have instructed them in writing to cancel the CPA's.

Regarding the CPA's you MUST report them to the OFT, FOS and trading standards. Also write a letter of formal complaint and tell them that you demand the money back within 7 working days, or you will be taking legal action against them for theft and fraud.

You are indeed correct that it is not legal. Once a creditor has recieved your instructions not to process your account, they must comply unless there is a good reason for them not to, especially since the account owner is on benefits. The same with the bank. There is even a law which says that the bank must cancel a CPA on the account relating to a merchant when you instruct them to.

In short, you need to make FULL and FORMAL complaints to the relevant authorites, and also write by email ( it's faster) a full formal complaint to the PDL and give them 7 days to return the money. You also must make sure you follow up all the complaints so they do not do this kind of thing to anyone else. It seems to be happening very frequently lately in the PDL "industry".

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Breaking news!!!

After a lot of wasted time speaking with the lower ranks and escalating the issue up the ladder, they have called back to repeat all the same rubbish again......

However, I also tried another route and found a very knowledgeable chap in the Dispute Department, who is in the process of contacting all the offenders to cease any future deductions and REFUND the payments taken yesterday!!!

If he is as good as his word, then that is a great result - but you do have to fight for it - not for the fainthearted for sure!!!

Will post tomorrow to confirm refund made....:whoo:

Make sure you got that employees name/ID so you can reference him if the refunds fail to appear.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Theyll probably try to contest the refunds. However if the CPA's were cancelled then the money is rightfully your sons. Just be very wary they dont try and lie to the bank as some PDL's have done in the past.