Halifax CC charges- **REFUNDED SATISFACTORILY**but left default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

seen that odd £8.88 and removed it....so now that the CI Sheet is ready, I enclose it along with the letter you pointed me to from "There is one in the CAGlink31.gif library but there is a later one at post #31 here"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ET-OFF**/page2

what about the complaint form from the FOS ??

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a charges reclaim you don't use a fos questionnaire. That is for PPI and your claim is already submitted for that so forget the fos questionnaire. If they want one completed for the PPI claim then they will send you one.

You now send the preliminary letter for the charges reclaim and enclose a copy of the spreadsheet. If you can, send it recorded to their registered office.

ims

• Haha 1

in the draft letter from post #31 you directed me to what amounts do i put in were the 'xxx' is ??

I calculate that you have taken £xxx plus £xxxx whichyou have charged me in interest which total £xxx.

The first figure is the amount of charges per the spreadsheet, the second figure is the amount of interest per the spreadsheet and the last figure is the total of the two

ims

ok will do, so i have shown you the final CI Sheet yesterday, here is the letter that will go along with the CI Sheet with minus my details and here is the letter i am sending to Moorcoft, do they look and read ok ??

EDIT, sorry having trouble uploading WORD docs :(

Edited by GaryNI

ok will do, so i have shown you the final CI Sheet yesterday, here is the letter that will go along with the CI Sheet with minus my details and here is the letter i am sending to Moorcoft, do they look and read ok ??

EDIT, sorry having trouble uploading WORD docs :(

I'd convert them to PDF for posting up if it were me

letter to DCA posted recorded delivery today and letter to Halifax posted recorded delivery today...also found out that i won the PPI agaisnt the same card that i am claiming the late fees and overlimit fees against and was told that ill get a cheque soon :)

no letter from Halifax but got a letter from Moorcroft yesterday, this is what it said -

RE: HALIFAX

We acknowledge receipt of recent correspondence with regards to the above account. Please be assured that your account is now on hold whilst we investigate this matter further with our client and that we will communicate their repsonse upon receipt.

In the meantime if you require any futher information or assistance please do not hesitate to contact us on the above telephone number

Yours Sincerely

got my letter back from Halifax yesterday, here is what the letter said :

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your complaint. I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy about the charges that have been applied to the above account. I understand you feel the charges that have been applied are unfair.

We believe that a charge of £12 reflects these costs. In 2006 the (OFT) carried out an investigation into the fairness of credit card contacts and in particular the default charges - charges where a customer falls outside the credit agreement for example late payments. We provided full details of our costs to the OFT at that time. Following their investigation, the OFT said it wouldnt take further action where charges were set at £12 or below.

Looking at our records, I can see you have defaulted on your account since it was opened. All these were detailed on your statements, along with the fee charged each time. However, because of this, we had costs which need to be recovered, and therefore believe we're justified in applying the £12 fee. An example of when your minimum payment wasnt received by the Due Date, would have been Nov 2010 and Apr 2011, unfotunately this meant we had extra costs in managing your account.

My records show that your account has been with our collections Department in the past. As well as the messages and default notices on each statement, we make every effort to contact a customer by telephone, letter and text to try and provide support. By doing this we'd hope that repayment plan could be agreed that both parties would be happy with. Each attempt to make contact does increase the costs of managing your account.

I've completed my investigation and i can see that we havent applied charges of more that £12 to your account. Based on the the independent review of our costs, as mentioned above, we believe that all charges we've made are fair. Regrettably therefore, i cant offer you a refund. I realise my decision may not be the one you wanted, but i do hope that you understand the reasons for it.

I've also enclosed a copy of our complaints leaflet which gives you these details and if you wish you can also make conact with the FOS for assistance. This letter can be accepted by them as a final reply.

Yours Sincerely

Halifax

so, whats next anyone ??

Also, i dint understand the bit in the letter that says ''I can you see defaulted on your acc since it was opened''

When you say "Only threaten court if you intend to go through with it" I take it you mean there could be a chance i go to court over this ?? If so will i have to cover the my own legal fee's. Sorry if these questions sound silly, just the idea of going to court sounds bad, if you know what i mean.

When you say "Only threaten court if you intend to go through with it" I take it you mean there could be a chance i go to court over this ??

Yes

If so will i have to cover the my own legal fee's.

As others have done, you would likely represent yourself so it will be the cost of filing forms etc but you get these back if you win.

Sorry if these questions sound silly, just the idea of going to court sounds bad, if you know what i mean.

Might be an idea to read around the bank forums at successful cases