Halifax CC charges- **REFUNDED SATISFACTORILY**but left default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

UPDATE

Sent my final letter to HBOS on 10/08/12 requesting one last time that they refund the late/overlimit charges as they did not 'treat me fairly'.

I have now get a letter from Moorcroft on the 17/08/12 saying the following:

Dear ######

I am disappointed to note that despite our numerous attempts to contact you no satisfactory agreement has been reached regarding the balance of £#### on the above account

However in one last attempt to come to an arrangement to prevent the possibility of court action being taken our client has informed us that we may be able to offer you a substantial discount from your outstanding balance. This means that if you are able to pay an acceptable lump sum within the next 14days we will not pursue the reamaining balance of the debt.

Contact us ASAP

Yours Sincerely,

Moorcroft

Debt recovery Manager

What you reckon i should do next, should i await the final response from HBOS or contact via letter Moorcroft ????

Thanks

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A simple response to Moorcroft.

Dear Sir or Madam (or named person)

Account References

I am in receipt of your letter dated DATE.

This account is subject to an official complaint for which I am still waiting a response from HBoS.

Until such times as HBoS respond, then this account is in dispute.

Yours etc,

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks, ill get that letter drafted up now and sent off, if Moorcroft do send another letter should ijust ignore them ??

It all depends what the letter says. Just let us know if you do get one from them :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:thumb:

BCOBS

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

3 letters i got and all 3 are from different companies,

The 1st letter is from Moorcroft, it basically says that they are no longer collecting the debt on behalf of HBOS and the account has been closed with Moorcroft and given back to HBOS. It ends with no further contact will be made from Moorcroft to myself.

The 2nd letter i get is from a company called Wesot, it says they have been instructed by HBOS to collect the outstanding debts/balance on their behalf. It ends by saying contact Wescot ASAP or legal action will be taken.

The 3rd and final letter comes from Halifax, now before i write what this letter says there is just something weird/not right about this letter, firstly there is spelling mistakes in my address, the paper and print of the letter looks like it has been done different and is not the usual style of letterhead HBOS normally send. Lastly some of print is actually smudged. TBH, it just doesnt look like a normal HBOS letter.

Right now on to what the Halifax letter says, it says the following:

As we havent' been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we have transfered your Halifax bank Credit Card to a debt collection agency, Wescot Credit Services LTD. We have instructed Wescot Credit Services to arrnage collection of the outstanding amount.

Then it lists the contact details for Wescot.

So thats it, tbh at this stage i really dont know what to do, i have sent letters to halifax asking for refunds of late feee and overlimit charges to be removed and they have just ignored me and now this is the 4th debt collection agency in which HBOS has put on to this debt. Please Help

Ok, we need to establish if Wescloth are now the new owner of the debt.. eg if HBoS have sold /assigned the account.

Send the letter below which I have adapted to suit your particular circumstances.

Draft request for assignment - for GaryNI.doc

The letter advises there is a dispute with HBoS and that you require proof that they have the right to make any demands of you.

Suggest that you read it through and enter in HBoS's name where it states "Original creditor".

HTH

BCOBS

Thanks once again for your help and advice. Though i must ask, the recent letter i got from HBOS why does it look so bad, almost fake as there is sumdges and spelling mistakes in it plus its not the usual letter head they use ??

Edited by GaryNI

Any chance you can scan it in and let us see it.. It is my understanding that permission is given to the DCAs to use letter heading in order to advise assignments, but it would be interesting to see how they are bringing the original creditor into disrepute and might also invalidate any assignment if it has been done incorrectly :)

Follow instructions below to upload..

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

BCOBS

Compare the letter heading and your personal details with letters from Halifax, proper. If they are not consistent you could always write to Halifax head office and advise that you have received this letter, there looks to be something suspicious about it. Would they confirm the authenticity before you contact the retulatory authorities.

HTH

BCOBS

GaryNI,

isn't that the address for Blair, Oliver & Scott on the letter?

It certainly is :)

BCOBS

I have compared the letter with that of an orginial letter from Halifax and they would appear very similar with very few differences, the spelling msitakes in my address is the main stand out, also as Camaro3 pointed out the address on this letter is that off which Blair, Oliver and Scott use. So makes me think that the letter is not direct from Halifax but from B,O and Scott !!

What shall i do next then with regards to this letter??

See post # 114

Letter to Halifax Head office

Send a copy of Wesclott's letter.

Attached is a draft letter you can send to Halifax at their Head/Registered Office.

for GaryNI.doc

BCOBS

Just the suspicious looking letter.. the one that claims to be from HBoS.

BCOBS

If you havent received a Final Response letter from HBoS then you should demand one.

Say something like..

I am disappointed I have received neither resolution or a final response to my letter / official complaint dated DATE.

You are obliged to provide one or the other within 8 weeks of receiving.

I look forward to your response by (give a date 7/14 days forward). If I have not heard from you by this date, then I will take this refusal to communicate as required, to be your Final Response and will proceed to the Financial Ombudsman on that basis.

Yours etc.

BTW, if you did not head your original letter OFFICIAL/FORMAL COMPLAINT then it will almost certainly have been ignored.

BCOBS

• 1 month later...

Hello

So after doing post's #118 and #122, i now get a letter from Wescot and not Halifax. It says the following -

It has a copy of the application forms i submitted when i first applied for the CC back in 2008 and then it goes on to say that outstanding amount is now owed and a payment plan must now be setup.

So any ideas whats next as this seems to be going round in circles ??

Thanks

Just write back to Wescott advising there is an unresolved dispute with Halifax. You are becoming increasingly frustrated with the way in which you have been treated by Halifax and you see no other alternative now other than to make an official complaint to the Ombudsman.

Then you need to summarise the situation from the first time you raised the issue of payment dates with Halifax, their lack of communication and refusal to provide you with a final resolution letter. You then need to download the complaint form from the Ombudsman's website, complete it and either email or post to the Financial Ombudsman.

HTH

BCOBS