• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Sweetcyanide Vs Lloyds

sweetcyanide
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly: What a brilliant forum. Its great to see so many people who won't accept banks stealing our money. The recent media attention shows that everyone apart from the banks are on our side! Good luck to all of you.

Last night I looked at my statements online, and shocked myself. Charges from July 2002 (as far back as I could go) already add up to over £1000. Most of these were racked up when I was a student, and had no money whatsoever. Yet Lloyds would still sometimes take £60-£80 worth of charges out of my account in a month. I remember I used to spend ages on the phone with them, trying to at least change the dates they were going to charge me, no no avail. Seeing all those charges made me fume, so a DPA request for the full six years worth of data will be sent off tomorrow :-) I reckon total charges will be at least £1500. I also have a credit card with them which I can get statements online for....now thats a task for the weekend I think.

Parachute account all set up, just in case!

I notice people seem to be doing quite well with Lloyds at the moment, so we'll just see how it goes....they'd better not mess me around, I'm in the mood for a good fight at the moment ;-)

Let battle commence!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."- Margret Mead

Thanks Bovverd.

Right, DPA posted, registered mail, today :-) Now, I was just wondering- does anybody know wether I should wait for the rest of my data berore I send my Lloyds credit card claim (which will probably amount to a few hundred, I am going to tot it up using internet banking) and send the whole claim together, or should I send the smaller claim now and the one for my current account later?

If I sent a claim for my credit card account, would it affect a later claim against my current account?

Also, has anyone had any experience with dealing with their credit card department?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."- Margret Mead

Hiya

I've basically sent off for my current account charges like you.

Then when the CC people phoned up the other day to say I was still over my account limit (which I know is due to charges) I asked them about getting the charges history on my CC as well, they told me to phone customer services and I think they're sending me out a form with all the details on.

If I've not heard anything from them today I'll email them a reminder.

Good luck and stuff :)

Ooh, and you, let us know what happens!

I think I may put the claim in all together-tempting as it is to go for the credit card first. Knowing Lloyds they would be spiteful and take me to court twice (as they can see that I couldn't afford to!)

Now I just have to play the waiting game.....

Hi and welcome to the site,

What exactly are you going to claim back from the CC company ( persume its LTSB ). I've been that engrosed with this site I dont know whats happening in the outside world, media talk ect. I'm on step 1 for bank account charges, are you telling me we can go for CC charges too. If so exactly what charges.

Loula. I think you might have meant Commando ;-)

Commando- Yup, we can claim back on any accounts, loans or credit cards these unlawful charges have been applied to! In fact the OFTs ruling related to credit cards, so that gives us an even stronger case when claiming these back, the way I see it :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Right- Just a quick update....

Lloyds have actually been pretty good so far, after I gave them a bit of a kick up the backside I received my DPA request last Fri (28th April), and as I suspected the total amount came to nearly £1500.

It also had very interesting customer notes, stating that most of the transactions are automated!

So, prelim letter e-mailed today (have still not received a read receipt though), and I may just drop a copy into the bank tomorrow as well.

Can't wait to get properly stuck into them!

Got a very speedy response back from Lloyds...standard email back this morning saying that my letter had been passed on, and they will respond asap.

At least it shows that the ball is most definitely rolling! I'm expecting the usual "its your fault you incurred these charges, get stuffed" reply in a few days! :-D

Lloyds really are on the ball at the moment, have just received the automated David Just response stating that they will not refund charges, I knew the T & C's when I signed up, etc.

Now, should I give them until the end of the 14 days before sending my LBA? I know the forum is divided on this....and I would like to get it sorted before I go on holiday at the beginning of June ;-)

LBA emailed today....if there's no joy a moneyclaim will be filed on the 25th! (Which is conveniently when I get paid *grin*)

I'm not expecting them to roll over, but of course that would be nice ;-)

I'm at the stage with Lloyds were they've sent me the last 5 years statements, (so I've wrote to request 2000 also) I also sent a letter requesting a refund of charges for the ones I highlighted on the statements for the last 5 years. They have replied to say I was aware of the charges as they provide a list of them in the leaflet they gave me when opening the account, and refuse to pay up. They have also advised if I'm not satisfied(!?!) they can refer me to the Financial Ombudsman Service. So what do I do now and what's an LBA?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

LBA = Letter before action, the second letter you send requesting payment, after which you take them to court. I suggest you go and read the FAQ's (at the top of the forum) carefully before you take action, and keep an eye on peoples threads so that you get familiar with how things work....

Its a good idea to start your own thread too, that way people can come and give you advice/support/follow your claim there.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Moneyclaim will be filed when I get home tonight *excited* Have seen quite a few examples of what to put in there so I should be ok- any last tips though?

My claim is for just under £1,500 (excluding interest)- will I have to pay an extra fee when it comes to the allocation questionaire?

I really didn't want it to get this far- but they asked for it! :-D

Go and get them tiger!!!

Ive just received their Defence today (double edged sword - also received letter from Halifax - they have backed down and i have got my money back)!!!!

You will end up paying an exta fee but you will get it back. When I did my Moneyclaim it was very exciting but also a bit scary (nail-biting in fact).

Lloyds are the stick in the mud - but we will get them - they just huff and puff but we wont back down.

As everyone says, chin up and look forward to your little windfall.

I didnt want it to go this far but life is life and it takes time and effort and a little bit of faith.

Smile

Lorraine

Halifax - Since 2003 £1,186 DPA Request: 24.03.06

PRL - sent Recorded 05.04.06

Letter received 07.04.06 - Thanks but No thanks

LBA - 20.04.06 Refused Money Claim filed 08.05.06

Served 14.05 Acknowledged 16.05.06 - 28 days to go

:D WON - PAID IN FULL 25.05.06

Lloyds [/i]- Since 2000 £780.31 - DPA Request: 23.03.06

PRL - sent recorded 10.04.2006

Letter Rec'd 13.04 - Not interested

LBA - 13.04.06 Money Claim filed 25.04.06

Served 01.05.06 & Acknowledged 03.05.06. - 28 days to go

Defence received 25.05 - Here we go

Oooh, well done on the Halifax front! I'm sure Lloyds will back down soon :-)

Thanks for the support- I'm sure it'll be worth being a bit skint this month for the big return I'm going to get the month after! *grin*

I have all the time in the world and lots of faith!

Claim has now been marked accepted- so I expect it will be served after the bank holiday. Now the worst bit- the waiting!

I fully expect them to defend, as that seems to be their tactic at the moment. I'm not actually feeling that daunted by it now though :-) They might be trying different defence tactics now but they forget one crucial thing- they won't win against any of us, because THEY ARE IN THE WRONG. And therefore, any defence they come up with is going to be pants!

Claim has now been marked accepted
Good luck - now the really exciting bit starts...but you will get it back. :cool:

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprise surprise, Lloyds have acknowledged my claim! Now I just need to hang on and see if I get a letter from them, or a defence.....

The claim was acknowledged by Sechiari Clark and Mitchell rather than their usual people.

Can't wait to see what happens....

• 3 weeks later...

Eep, moneyclaim is showing Lloyds have filed a defence- with only a day to go!

Now, advice please...should I ring their solicitors once I have a copy of the defence, just to see how the land lies and whether they might settle at this point? Or should I just wait and see what happens, and get on with the AQ when it arrives?

Of course, in an ideal world, a settlement letter will follow very shortly...I know its happened to quite a few people straight after receiving a defence. *fingers crossed*

Ohhh, I'm not sure I can take all this excitement! ;-)

Don't ring them, wait for the defence then spend some time putting your arguements togeather.

It won't be long before they send an offer letter, and at this point you can outline your case and tell them what to do with their offer, unless of course they offer to settle for the full amount without conditions first time round.

What lee6470 said - best option is to start putting your arguments together just in case. You should recieve an Allocation Questionnaire through with the copy of Lloyd's defense from the court, and there are guide notes on filling it out available in the Bank Template Library. I've also posted what I entered in my 'more information' section in my Lloyds thread, linky in sig.

Going to wait till a few days before my AQ is due back myself, just to give Martineau Johnson a chance to send me an offer ;)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 1 month later...

Eep, I know I havn't been on here for ages but I thought I'd get you all updated!

My AQ has been processed (took long enough!) and I recieved a letter from the courts today.

Action has been stayed for 3 months to "allow for test cases currently being heard." and the defendants solicitors must notify the court of the result of any relevant test cases by 1 November.

I have 7 days to make an application to object to this order, which obviously I will be doing. Has anyone got any helpful comments towards doing this? I will point towards Elliot vs. Lloyds as a test case and the outcome of that, and point out that all of these cases are settled before they get to court. Any other information people can give me which I can put in my letter would be very much appreciated.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks