JSA 6 month review

AnnaR.
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have been searching on this forum but I have not found anything on this, I hope someone can help.

I am on Jobseekers' Allowance for the first time ever, and I recently went through the 13 week review process. This basically consisted of me having to sign on every week for six weeks, with a different job advisor than the usual one.

Now that I'm done with this, I have found out there is a 6 month review as well, which, unless I find a job first, I'll have to do.

I am wondering if this will mean I will have to sign on every week for another 6 weeks again, could somebody let me know how this works?

My advisor told me, on the last day of my 6 week weekly appointments, that on this new review I'd have my jobseekers' agreement reviewed, but I couldn't get any more details on what's really going to happen. Any further information would be appreciated too.

Thanks.

hi there

the reviewed is just a wee meeting with a advisor to make sure you dont need anymore help looking for a job

and you are still looking for the same jobs you said at the start of youre claim

you get one every 3 months

it will last about 20mins but the letter you will get will say it can last a hour but it will not .

hope this helps .

Hi, thanks for the reply, that's very helpful. So it's just going to be one meeting then, no having to sign on every week once more?

Will I still continue signing on every fortnight as usual? (Sorry but that is something important for me and I'd really like to know)

as you have done the signing every week you will not do it again .(well i have not had too )

if you end up still on jsa after about 9-12 months they will try and send to to job work shops etc .

but youre next meeting will be fine .

That's a relief for me because to be honest I find it very stressful to have to go to the jobcentre. I know it may sound silly, but I get very nervous and can barely sleep the night before! So I really had a hard six weeks when I knew I had to be there every Tuesday. I'd rather be working anywhere and I hope I will not have to be doing this 6 month review at all and have already signed off.

Thanks again.

It depends on your adviser, they can actually ask you to attend as frequently as needed depending on how much support you need.

Ok, so there are no fixed rules about this I assume. How do they evaluate whether someone needs more or less support?

Also, does this review consist of what max99 said, just one meeting, no change in job search, etc? Thanks.

At your 6 month review you will be expected to open up your job search further to include all jobs you are qualified and capable of doing. The amount of support you need is agreed between you and your adviser, but for example of you are looking for you normal job search and you aren't finding the vacancies to apply for then you may need additional support to help you find another type of job to apply for or if you are lacking in work experience for that role you could be referred for work experience, tbh it is something only you and your adviser can agree and work out.