• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Doorstep collectors - MINICREDIT - HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send it to the OFT as part of your ongoing complaint and resend your last proposed repayment plan letter/email.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if everyone is aware but OFT has a major ongoing investigation into Microcredit/Minicredit which has been actioned by the Consumer Credit Counselling Service as Mico/Mini Credit (both same company) have been refusing to cash CCCS DMP payment cheques.

CCCS is currently witholding all DMP payments to this company and is advising CCCS clients not to make any payments to them while they are under investigation. I would suggest that anyone who is having problems with them logs a complaint with the OFT as I'm sure they would be glad of any info that helps their investigation.

• 2 weeks later...

Right these guys are ****ing me off bigstyle.

no reply to about 10 emails offering a reasonable repayment plan. have sent by email and recorded delivery.

how do i go about reporting these idiots with their plonker of an automated voicemail to the OFT.

45k Debt - June 2016

35k Debt - May 2018

24k Debt - April 2020

The battle is slow but I will win the war

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thanks...just for reference...what will the OFT be able to do to help me get minicredit agree to a repayment plan as I havent heard many success stories

45k Debt - June 2016

35k Debt - May 2018

24k Debt - April 2020

Oft are the regulator. They wont make minicredit come to a plan but will action if they dont. Regardlass, you must get complaints in. If you dont then you are pretty much saying minicredit are not doing anything wrong.

I contacted the OFT but they were unable to be of much help in regards to dealing with Mini Credit. They asked me to complete a long complaint form for them to use as evidence as part of their ongoing inquiry. OFT don't seem to offer support in dealing with individual cases.

Thank you for your email received on 18 July 2012. I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you have been experiencing.

As you may know, the OFT is undertaking a review of payday lending companies’ compliance with the Irresponsible Lending Guidance (ILG) and Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act). The aims of the compliance review are to assess compliance levels across the payday lending industry, identify the reasons for any non-compliance and to inform any future enforcement action. Further information on the work being undertaken can be found on the OFT website at: www.oft.gov.uk/compliancereview-paydaylenders

While the deadline for submitting formal responses passed on 18 May, the OFT is continuing to gather further information from consumers who have contacted us regarding a payday lender. I would be grateful if you would take a few minutes to complete and return the attached complaint form to us. The information you provide will be used to assist the OFT’s further consideration of business practices in the payday lending sector.

While the OFT has no authority to become involved in individual disputes, a list of organisations which provide free help and guidance can be found at:

so what happens after i complete the form?

45k Debt - June 2016

35k Debt - May 2018

24k Debt - April 2020

It goes into their evidence file. They dont investigate single cases unless something serious happens. But they do collate all i fo and use it against them during the investigation.

• 2 months later...

After 8 months of letters back and forth and email and telephone exchanges finally got a repayment plan to which i originally requested all those months ago, when dealing with this guys just be patient...theres more chance of me flying to mars then these guys sending balliffs round or court action, i have about 60 letters all filed away lol......i think they are starting to wise up to website like theses where people are continuing to get help and advice from others.

MINICREDIT YOU ARE STILL THE WORST PDL IN THE MARKET AND ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE YOU GET SHUT DOWN.

ANOTHER SATISFIED CUSTOMER WHO SAW THROUGH THE BU11**** AND LIES AND GAVE AS GOOD AS HE GOT.

REGARDS

PB8111

45k Debt - June 2016

35k Debt - May 2018

24k Debt - April 2020

• 3 months later...

Hey guys so I have spent quite a bit of time searching and there are no end of issues with mini credit by the looks of things. I've been having a bit of a battle with them back and forth where I am being told the same things as most people have on here. So I lost the rag a bit and sent them the following:

Good Morning

And what a wonderful morning it is :-)

So, I received your replies thanks ever so much for getting back to me since i have heard you are in the habit of just ignoring people ....

I have heard a hell of a lot about your company - just typing your name into google brings up no end of problems so for that reason alone, I will be logging a complaint with the FOS - apparently they levy a £500 fine before they start? Yep so, maybe since you've been robbing people blind for years (no idea how you get away with it) it's time for you to get a few charges back :-)

Ok, so not sure if you read my last email so I'll outline it again for you perhaps if it is in capitals it might be easier for you to read as looking at your own replies it seems English is certainly not your first language ... I AM WITHDRAWING MY AUTHORISATION FOR ANY MORE PAYMENTS TO BE TAKEN FROM MY ACCOUNT FOR THIS DEBT. IN LINE WITH THE PAYMENT SERVICES REGULATIONS WHICH ARE RUN BY THE FINANCIAL SERVICES AUTHORITY, ANY MORE PAYMENTS TAKEN FROM MY CARD WILL BE AN UNAUTHORISED TRANSACTION. there, I hope that is a bit more understandable for you that means that YOU WILL NOT BE ADDING UNPAID DEBIT CARD FEES TO MY ACCOUNT AS I HAVE LAID IN BLACK AND WHITE THAT I AM WITHDRAWING MY AUTHORITY FOR YOU TO DO THIS - you may be able to get away with telling your lies to other people but I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree with me - Let me outline it for you - You will be getting paid back £200.50 plus one months interest. I did not receive £220 into my bank account - it does not cost £19.50 to do a faster payment I did not agree to that - show me something with my signature on. Show me proof that it has cost you £19.50 to make that transfer.

Also, some legislation for you to be aware of:

Any email, letter, text. stating that you will be making a 'doorstep' call. I will consider this to be harrassment.

Firstly Please be advised that I will only communicate with you via email. Any repeated attempts to contact me by telephone or mail will be duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you. Nor do I recognise any kind of charge made for 'doorstep' visits.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

As I am in a debt repayment plan , I am sure I have no need to remind you of the Office Of Fair Trading's guidance on debt collection which clearly states.

g. ignoring or disregarding debtors' legitimate wishes in respect

of when and where to contact them.

f. pressurising debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments,

or to increase payments when they are unable to do so

c. refusing to deal with appointed or authorised third parties, such

as Citizens Advice Bureaux, independent advice centres or money

advisers

d. contacting debtors directly and bypassing their appointed representatives

e. operating a policy, without reason, of refusing to negotiate with

debt management companies

Your previous actions seem to be a multiple breach of this guidance. If any of the above mentioned actions take place, I will require you to send me a copy of your official complaints procedures which you will have in place in order to have obtained a credit licence in the first place. I will then pass on your complaint to the Office Of Fair Trading, The Financial ombudsman and my local MP.

I really look forward to your prompt reply :-)

I hope you have a wonderful day :-)

Kindest Regards

Might seem a bit ott but i've totally lost my patience with them ....

Theyll more than likely ignore you or come out with some random stuff that makes no sense. They seem to think regulation doesnt apply to them.

I just find it hard to believe that no one has stamped on their heads yet - what exactly are the FOS and the OFT doing about it?!! It seems lots of people are complaining but why is nothing being done about it? I haven't seen a single post where anyone had been able to get anywhere apart from giving in and paying their fabricated fees it's ridiculous!

Nothign has been done because hardly anyone complains. We see it all the time. People say they will complain, then dont, hoping someone else will do it instead.

I just find it hard to believe that no one has stamped on their heads yet - what exactly are the FOS and the OFT doing about it?!! It seems lots of people are complaining but why is nothing being done about it? I haven't seen a single post where anyone had been able to get anywhere apart from giving in and paying their fabricated fees it's ridiculous!

Read this ;)http://http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?377531-Take-my-advice!

2nd July 2012 EarlyPayDay a/c Cleared!:-D

26th October 2012 Wonga,Go Cash & Pounds to Pocket CLEARED!

30th November 2012

Pounds to Pocket CLEARED!

Payday Express CLEARED!

Speed Credit CLEARED!!!!

replace "http" with "http: "