ESA Problems

wizz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone, my name is roy and although i have followed this site for a while, i have now decided to join and share a bit of my story with atos.

i've been on e.s.a for two years now, through depression and anxiety but i am also an alcoholic.

i have been doing the esa50 forms and medical every six months, with my last one being on october 24 2011.

i failed this medical, getting only six points for starting and finishing tasks, so with the help from the local disability society, i lodged an appeal.

on january 10th 2012 i got a letter saying that the decision had been overturned and i would go back onto e.s.a at my normal rate, with back money.

i was overjoyed until the next day, when i recieved a esa50 form again.

so, i am having to do all this again.

hi everyone, my name is roy and although i have followed this site for a while, i have now decided to join and share a bit of my story with atos.

i've been on e.s.a for two years now, through depression and anxiety but i am also an alcoholic.

i have been doing the esa50 forms and medical every six months, with my last one being on october 24 2011.

i failed this medical, getting only six points for starting and finishing tasks, so with the help from the local disability society, i lodged an appeal.

on january 10th 2012 i got a letter saying that the decision had been overturned and i would go back onto e.s.a at my normal rate, with back money.

i was overjoyed until the next day, when i recieved a esa50 form again.

so, i am having to do all this again.

Hiya Roy,

Good to 'meet' you.

Sorry to read that you've been going through it.

I'm a recovering alcoholic too, and have been on e s a for this as well as social anxiety and depression.

Great news that you won your appeal. My second one is coming up possibly early - March (no date fixed yet), and I'm dreading it.

Sorry to read that your ESA50 form came the day after winning your appeal.

Did you go a Hearing, or did they overturn it via post?

• 3 weeks later...

this is unbelievable.

i went for the atos medical on 24/10/11 and failed with six points for starting and finishing tasks.

i put in for an appeal, which was granted before going to tribunal on the 10/1/12.

the next day i recieved a esa50 to fill in again.

i sent this back on 8/2/12.

on the 2/3/12 i got my date for a new atos medical, to be held on the 19/3/12.

on the 3/3/12 i got a letter telling me that i will soon be sent a esa50 to fill in.

i am now going to be filling in my second esa50 before i have even got to the medical.

so in 3 months, i have appealed, won the appeal, filled in a esa50, got a medical date and finally have been told another esa50 is on the way.

i now think this is bordering on harrasment or victimisation but what can i do about it.

thanks for any advice?

i have now phoned atos asking for a recorded medical, i dont know if will help but i dont know what else i can do.

i feel like i am shouting in the wind?

any advice would be appreciated

Edited by wizz

i have requested to have my medical recorded but have been reading up on it and have found out that there will be a cost, that will have to be paid by me.

does anyone know what the cost will be?

thanks

Not sure on the cost, but when my husband is called in for his, I will be with him and recording it myself.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

• 2 weeks later...

update. i was all ready to go to the medical but three hours before my appointment, i got a phone call to tell me it had been cancelled.

no explanations, no apologies, nothing.

this is really getting me down.

• 1 month later...

my medical was arranged for the 19 march at 2.30pm.

at 11.00am on the 19 march i received a phone call to tell me my medical was going to be cancelled and it would be rescheduled.

i received a letter a few days later with a rescheduled date of 12 april 11.00am.

on the 11 april at 3.00pm i received a phone call telling me that my medical would have to be cancelled again due to not being able to get the recording equipment, i had previously requested.

on april 26, i phoned a.t.o.s asking why i had not been sent a new date for my medical and was told that i had failed to attend the medical on april 12.

i tried to explain that the medical had been cancelled on april 11 but they said that there was no record of a phone call telling me of the cancellation.

so now my claim is being suspended, pending an appeal.

my medical was arranged for the 19 march at 2.30pm.

at 11.00am on the 19 march i received a phone call to tell me my medical was going to be cancelled and it would be rescheduled.

i received a letter a few days later with a rescheduled date of 12 april 11.00am.

on the 11 april at 3.00pm i received a phone call telling me that my medical would have to be cancelled again due to not being able to get the recording equipment, i had previously requested.

on april 26, i phoned a.t.o.s asking why i had not been sent a new date for my medical and was told that i had failed to attend the medical on april 12.

i tried to explain that the medical had been cancelled on april 11 but they said that there was no record of a phone call telling me of the cancellation.

so now my claim is being suspended, pending an appeal.

Dirty, slimy, bas**rds! (I don't normally resort to inappropriate wording on posts but this has got me mad) If only you had recorded the call, I would lay odds that this is one of many tactics ATOS will now use to avoid recording assessments.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.