Comet again

nicki6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.. I am new to this site but i am so incensed with Comet i dont know what to do..

On January 9th this year they delivered a new cooker to me. On the 8th March whilst cooking a roast dinner the door came off in my hand (a left hand opening).

I damaged my arm and burnt my face. I called comet as the cooker was 8 weeks old and they said they couldnt get an engineer out until the 26 March.. which meant i was unable to use the oven for nearly 3 weeks.

I am a single mum with 4 children and my friend had lent me the money for the cooker. I had no choice but to wait until the 26th March despite writing a formal letter of complaint.

On the 26th March no one turned up. when i called they said that the engineer had tried to call me as he couldnt find where i lived. Unfortunately that day the electric was turned off for the day in my village due to essential maintenance so my phone did not work.. if indeed he did try to call.

Had the engineer asked though he would have been directed to me in a second.. However, on calling Comet i was told it was my fault and i would now have to wait until the 4th April. When the engineer finally turned up on the 4th he determined that it was indeed a manufacturers fault and as i had to wait so long he would fast track it for me..

He said i would hear from comet to ask if i would like a new door or a new cooker. To date i have heard nothing. On calling then today i have been informed that a new part was ordered on the 5th April and when that arrives they would be in touch. Further, to add insult to injury there is no fast track system!!!

SO from the 8th of march i have not been able to use my oven, i am unable to afford another and comet are so blase they couldnt care a less. I also have damaged all the nerves in my arm as a result of the door falling off, i am on gabapenthin to help with the pain and have been referred to physio.. I have no idea of what i can do next.. This whole thing has reduced me to tears of frustration.. any advice would be great .. many thanks

You can claim for personal injury, either under SOGA or against the manufacturor under The Consumer Protection Act. It is a strict Liability offence if the product was defective and therefore because it was defective it caused the injury. I think you ought to make a quick call to CRB or speak to a solicitor as soon as possible if you want to claim compensation for your injuries.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.