Holiday pay entitlement - lost

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am working for an agency at present and i hd accumulated 38 hours holiday and because I was placed in another position straight after therefore could not book any holidays. I now found out my hours earned within the few weeks before I have lost because i did not take them when stated as I was in another temp position. What can I do about this I am gutted, its my hard earned money and they can just take it without letting me know. Please can anyone help and advise.

regards,

Mashmallow

Thanks for replying so quickly and moving my post to it's correct detintion. Because they put into another booking after the previous (thus earning my hours for holidays) how could I say no I am not doing it bcause i will loose my holiday pay, i had no choice but to fo the booking. How can you say you will do a three week booking and then say you want a week of for annual leave. it should apply differently if this is the case for temporary workers. Some companies do lay down the law if you don't use your days you loose it - but I have no choice to take what comes and when it comes. So I feel I have been treated unjustly.

Thanks

Mashmallow

Thanks for your input, I think your agency are pleased to get commission in your placement so I think this may be a little different situation. My agency are telling me I have lost my holiday entilement becasue I did not put it in by the 23rd March which was only last week. No one even had the decency to remind me to take my holiday, plus the fact I cannot take the money because I am working with them and I cannot really have the cheek to say I am off for a week when I start a two week booking which has now turned into a 5 week booking. Is this how you are treated for being a good worker and a dependable one.

Please any advise would help.

Thanks

Mashmallow:mad2:

Thanks for your input, I think your agency are pleased to get commission in your placement so I think this may be a little different situation. My agency are telling me I have lost my holiday entilement becasue I did not put it in by the 23rd March which was only last week. No one even had the decency to remind me to take my holiday, plus the fact I cannot take the money because I am working with them and I cannot really have the cheek to say I am off for a week when I start a two week booking which has now turned into a 5 week booking. Is this how you are treated for being a good worker and a dependable one.

Please any advise would help.

Was this at the end of the financial year? The vast majority of people will lose holiday entitlement at the end of the financial year if it isn't taken. That might be the reason, rather than a temp thing.

As its the end of the financial year you automatically lose all untaken holidays. The agency probably thought you'd know that and don't have to remind you. My agency pay us on your wages for untaken holidays. They prefer it that way because they don't lose commission. Also as far as I'm aware you are allowed to bring one week forward to the next year. Maybe question that.