nightmare at haven

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone could help me. Booked a friday to monday break as a suprise for the family at a haven site in a caravan.

On arriving we had a few problems with the caravan. No hot water and a water leak. We didnt arrive till late but haven did sort the problems out pretty quick. But wasted our first evening waiting for repairs to be done.

On the Saturday we all went out together and got back and had lunch. My wife had a headache so went to lay down. I then took our 4 children swimming about 3 oclock. When i got back to the caravan about half 5 my wife was sitting on the steps outside hysterical.

She had woken up choking with a caravan full of smoke. The gas fire had been left on and the stall was to close to it. So for about 2 hours the stall had smouldered and filled the caravan with smoke. When she woke she was obviously absolutely terrifed. Rushing to the bedroom door she couldnt get out. The bedroom door opens outwards and so does the bedroom next to her door. The door handles lock on to each other which left her just a couple of inches to get out. But obviously panic stricken she didnt think about getting out the window. Anyway after a lot of pushing and shaking the doors she did get out and went falling down the hall way. She did get out the caravan. Then realised what was smoking and get the stall out and opened windows and threw lots of water on the stall.

She was hysterical when i returned, and once she explained what had happened we then realised the caravan should have a smoke alarm. We went back into the caravan and pressed the button and the smoke alarm didnt work. I rang security and explained that this was a very serious matter and he could have been dealing with a fatality. The secuirty came out and pressed the button and played about inside the smoke alarm and told us the smoke alarm hadnt been turned on for the start of the season.

The security then told us because of the smell now in the caravan he would bring some febreeze back which they never did. we waited in for them.

That night my wife couldnt sleep and felt really frightenend still in the caravan. No one called or checked on us from reception.

I called reception the next day and told them that we was leaving a day early because of what had happened and that my wife was quite traumatised. The incident had been recorded in the office.

They did offer us a free weekend but i told them i would contact them when i got home. Im not sure my wife would want to stay in a caravan ever again. Must have been very traumatic being in a caravan filled with smoke and not being able to get out.

Anyway since we got home my wife has been put on strong sleeping tablets. She had never ever taken a sleeping tablet in her life. And referred for counselling. She is still very traumatised and even on sleeping tablets wakes up many times during the night.

I have wrote to haven who still hadnt made any contact with us and they have not replied. I have also emailed bourne leisure who are in charge of haven sites. And got no reply.

I really dont know how to proceed with this but feel we should at least get the money back for the weekend away and also at a push my wife should be compensated for the trauma but they just dont seem to want to know.

many thanks and sorry the post dragged on a bit

ive had a couple of bad experiances at haven before but nothing this bad

have you tried

[email protected]

this is listed as the CEO address ive ussually had good results going direct to ceo email

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

hi there, thanks so much for replying. I have emailed this person and got no response. But have today received a letter from havens saying that the complaint had been passed to the serious complaints section and they will be in contact. I dont think its very good for a company to admit they have a serious complaints section haha.

anyway fingers crossed i will hear back soon

thank you for taking time to read and reply

no worries

last time i complained what we got was simply an upgrade from the basic silver caravan to the top end gold on the next visit

however our issue was alot less severe, (roof leaked in kitchen)

if they refuse to admit any fault then i would make a big issue about it being a health and safety issue

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: