Within two weeks - Multiple Letters requesting payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Bazooka and Brigadier,

I do know that my son and his then G/F mother of his child, spilt up cause of this at the time and my son did spend about a month or so in the flat on his own, in HIS own world, dealing with HIS own situation.

I know we protect our children to the hilt but I have brought mine up to understand thier responsibilities in life, to the point my son now stand s on HIS own two feet, with the resposibility that he is a new father of a son and STILL a father of a daughter he can never hold again, some ****that for a mere 21 yr old.

Ok to the BG thing, I have spoke with him and he says his weeks after his loss are very blured and vague, but he knows he didnt make another payment once he found out that the LL was using his GAS.

He may well be wrong for not paying but surely not as wrong as the LL?

WE truely dont know how to go about this now.

Thanks

JP

Boos suggestion of a formal complaint to BG

is most appropriate, lay out the circumstances

and state that the account has been misused

and abused by the LL (and send a copy to the LL).

With the formal complaint they must reply within

8 weeks if their response is not good, then you can

escalate the matter to the regulators.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Without a shadow of doubt, as Brig says, a letter of formal complaint outlining the circumstances is a must, third party DCA's cannot and will not do ANYTHING as they do NOT own this alleged debt.

It is for BG to deal with and sort out themselves, if they cannot or will not do so, then your are in a win win situation.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone again,

things have been ticking along with constant letters being sent for various issues (All nicely filled in the "IGNORE" folder.

Though there is a few letters that are becoming of interest and concern from CapQuest.

The latest letter recieved today is stating that its a "notice of doorstep agent visit"

It then goes on to say they are in process of making arrangements with "ScotCall Limited" to visit my home to make collections if payment isnt made by 19th June 2012,

it even goes onto tell of what times in the days of the wek they will call.

The letter then goes on to inform me of what the doorstep agent will do when he calls but if I want to stop this from happening

I can make a reduced cost payment (basically 50% reduced)

Am I to believe that that really says they dont have enough paper work and is reason they offer half price settlement.

Ohh and what right have they to send a doorstep agent to my house??

Hope someone can assist and inform me of my next move overthis situation

Thanks in advance

Beamo1 (JP)

Firstly you can ignore that missive from cr@pquest, and as for anyone from snotcall turning up on your doorstep unannounced is a big no no.

These clowns are stuck in the 80's and think that the same tactics they used then will have the desired effect now, it won't, if some unqualified untrained 'agent' (please.....we live in the UK not the USA!) does think they can turn up unannounced and discuss financial matters, then they are sadly mistaken, you are very well within your rights to tell them to disappear or you will call the police and have them removed.

There is a letter you can print off and keep by your front door, telling them to bog off.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

They have absolutely NO legal remit/rights to approach anyone in their own home and discuss or receive money.

You can always send that letter, but IMO this just tells them that you are in some way threatened by their computer generated garbage.

Is this the original DCA who started chasing? If you have sent them the account in dispute letter and they are still barking up the wrong tree then maintain your complaint with the OFT&TS.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

ah the old begging letter ... good

means they know you've found out they are trying to fleece you.

dont pay a penny!!

as for snotscrawl..........

just like all the DCA's

NO doorstepper has ANY LEGAL POWERS

tell them to go away or you wil call the police.

dirty old men in raincoats on commission

NEVER EVER pay anything ot anyone at your doortsep

they are NOT bailiffs and never ever will be

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx,

It was as I had persumed................ here's to their next letter :) ohh and boy will I have a suprise for ANY tresspassers on my premisis regardless what guise they turn up in :)

Beamo!