HELP, again?! EDF

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, I was feeling totally calm about finally managing my fianccé's debt and figuring something out when he visits his old home and recieves a letter from EDF

- despite the fact that he cancelled it all when he left in October, and was on meters anyway...

it's only for £208 but it's money he shouldn't owe as he hasn't lived there since october, and his mother refuses to pay!

We also recieved a letter to MY address from Past Due Credit Solutions, no indication of what the debt was for, but its for £108 and it supposedly a formal demand,

I've read they're a legit company but these two 'debts' are things that are inaccurate as he cancelled both/changed names when he left his previous address.

I'm sick and tired of getting hounded by these people, I can't sleep, or relax anymore and I don't know what to do. Whenever I feel there's a solution, something else comes up. Please help! I'm getting married in 6 months, it's supposed to be a happy time. But I'm constantly terrified about money and the fact we keep recieving letters to MY house, which my fiancé simply lodges in.

Send them the general letter. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Ask for evidence of the debt. e.g statement of account from original creditor. Enter into a complaint with the original creditor and follow it through, with reference to the relevant ombudsman if you need to.

The main thing is to tackle it head on and challenge it. While you have a dispute/complaint ongoing, they should put collection on hold.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You say HE changed names, a name

change does not affect the liabilty for

debts under a previous name.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I meant the name on the account was changed... as in, he left his previous address and all accounts are in his mothers name now! EDF is probably just a hiccup in their system, but BT he cancelled when he lost his job almost 2 years ago and owes them nothing.

Awkward if it's proved to be his mothers debt,

does the date on the bill show the period the charge

is for?

If you know the exact date that the notification was

given then tie the two together to prove the bill is

wrong.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Nope, that's the thing. Both were very vague.... the BT one just stated he owed £108 and nothing else, and the EDF one stated it was the final bill.... So basically, we know nothing of when it's for or what it's for... We were going to try emailing BT directly (as thats with a collection agency now but figured if BT know nothing of it it's bogus) and then try emailing EDF as well, as that 'debt' is still with the original creditor (thank goodness)

• 1 month later...

Just contacted BT re: a nasty letter we got from Past Due Credit Solutions - in all honesty, if the company are THAT desperate for £108 off us they could've written to us themselves.

I am SICK of being harrassed by letters threatening court action, doorstep visits - I'm supposed to be excited about getting married in 4 months and all I can think about day and night is how much money my fiancé owes and how someone might take him to court or turn up on our door and ruin EVERYTHING.

Please help.