Charges Made Me O/drawn And Ate Up My Dss Benefits

add-enuff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would personaly accept the offer as part refund and make it very clear that you will persuing your claim for the full ammount owed to you.

You'll probably get a response then along the lines of, sorry but offer is full and final!!

Don't let any of their scare tactics put you off in any way, the money is rightfully yours and they know it.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I'm really confused and would really appreciate some help PLEASE

Have received my statements & I've calculated that I can reclaim approx £1500 (without any inerest)

BUT not sure about following:

1) which of the spreadsheets to use

2)which 'interest' to claim, the statements are confusing as I had an approved O/D for some of the time & when I had A/Gold account so I can't tell

3)Does anyone know what this entry on statement might be - "telephone banking fee £10" is it for phoning to cancel a cheque?

4) how to calculate interest when charges take me O/Drawn or over O/Draft limit when I had one. Statements just show monthly interest taken from my account

5) can I claim interest on the approx' £1500 I have calculated as basic charges

I know I'll have more Q's cos I am rubbish at maths, but any help re' above would be a great start.

Tried looking around site but started t panic as a lot of the links don't work today!!!

Thanks in advance......:)

Sorry folks

I forgot to ask about the loans Nat West coerced me into taking out - can i claim anything on these?

Both were to pay off bank charges. The paperwork refers to them as:

1)'Cash loan to Consolidate Overdraft' - this one is coverd by Loan by Protector insurance cos I took it out when I was working in 2004, the interest is nearly £2500.

2) 'Refinance Debt this bank' - taken out earlier this year

I know that I read somewhere that some things re' loans may be claimed but I can't find the posts and some links don't work ( could be my computer not working properly?)

Cheers

Sorry folks

I forgot to ask about the loans Nat West coerced me into taking out - can i claim anything on these?

Both were to pay off bank charges. The paperwork refers to them as:

1)'Cash loan to Consolidate Overdraft' - this one is coverd by Loan by Protector insurance cos I took it out when I was working in 2004, the interest is nearly £2500.

2) 'Refinance Debt this bank' - taken out earlier this year

I know that I read somewhere that some things re' loans may be claimed but I can't find the posts and some links don't work ( could be my computer not working properly?)

Cheers

I calimedthe part of the interest that was directly related to cahrges.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Thanks for the info.

sorry for being dense but do I just include the interest whenever it's listed with charges (ie; my statement reads: "debit interest £24.76" then on the line below it says "charges £28.00" is this what you mean?)

How do I differentiate this type of interest from the normal interest for just being over drawn, which I understand can't be reclaimed

This is really stressing me out....

Thanks

Thanks for the info.

sorry for being dense but do I just include the interest whenever it's listed with charges (ie; my statement reads: "debit interest £24.76" then on the line below it says "charges £28.00" is this what you mean?)

How do I differentiate this type of interest from the normal interest for just being over drawn, which I understand can't be reclaimed

This is really stressing me out....

Thanks

Put it all in yhr spreadsheet in date order and it will work it out for you.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

The interest shown on the statement is interest that you have accrued and that is is owed to the bank on your borrowing. The interest you claim back is the interest accrued as a result of the disputed charges. The spreadsheets will work this out for you. Hope this helps

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

Guest littlesally

Add-enuff, don't know if this is any help but I have searched the threads looking for loan claiming, but found nothing like mine.

There were quite a few charges going out and no money to cover them, NatWest refused to up O/D but offered a £1150 loan. They said I had to pay off O/D with it. I lived in my O/D, it was not caused by charges.

After my 1st claim, I will be trying to claim part of the full amount, as there is @ £600 interest and insurance on it. As I took out loan to cover charges (and prevent more) that are now found to be illegal, I am going to try for the £600.

Can't claim for the actual loan as I've claimed for the charges in it and had the rest.

If this is similar to your's then my thread may help you when I make a start on it. I need to wait until claim for charges has finished though. If you are in a position to start now or have more information about how then I shall watch your thread with interest.

If this is nothing like yours, then sorry for taking up your time and thread.

Good luck

Hiya littlesally

It sounds as though our cases re' loans is very similar except that I have two loans both taken out to cover charges.

I have just sent the prelim letter re' charges so will have to wait and see what they say in reply. Sounds like a good idea to resolve the issue of original charges though, even if it's really annoying to jump thru' hoops to get our money back!

I'm sure there is some info re' loans here somewhere, (I'll keep looking and let you know if I find it). We all deserve to get every last peny back!!!

Good Luck :-)

I have claimed loan interest and am not getting very far at moment http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/11431-nat-west-3-claims.html but I will pursue it until i get back what is mine - they cannot profit from unlawful charges.

Hi Gizmo111

Tried to find your posts but the link isn't working (broken links driving me bonkers!)

How are NW giving you a hard time, are they saying they are not recoverable? I'm hoping that the same principal applies to loans & interest as other charges

Hi Gizmo111

Tried to find your posts but the link isn't working (broken links driving me bonkers!)

How are NW giving you a hard time, are they saying they are not recoverable? I'm hoping that the same principal applies to loans & interest as other charges

Yeah but in a very long winded way - I tried link and it was ok.

basically they sent me chq excluding loan interest - I sent it back as it had a specific account no on it - rang them yesterday and was told they are waiting for cheques without account no for same amount - e3xpalianed it wasn't right and they were adamant that it ain't getting paid - and I am adamant that it is. So lets see what happens when cheques comes by end of week as promised.

Guest littlesally

Add-enuff,

Had a letter from Natwest, delay tactic, so it looks like it may take a little longer.

Had a few PMs about the loan situation so tomorrow will start a thread, as there seems to be a few of us not too sure of exactly what to do. That way we can all help each other, without hi-jacking someone elses.

Speak tomorrow

Add-enuff,

Had a letter from NatWest, delay tactic, so it looks like it may take a little longer.

Had a few PMs about the loan situation so tomorrow will start a thread, as there seems to be a few of us not too sure of exactly what to do. That way we can all help each other, without hi-jacking someone elses.

Speak tomorrow

I started one yesterday but no- one replied :(

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/43964-nat-west-loan-interest.html

Guest littlesally

Didn't see it but won't start a new one, keep the loan stuff there if possible.

Hope others link in to it, will direct those who PM'ed me to it then maybe we can help eachother.

Didn't see it but won't start a new one, keep the loan stuff there if possible.

Hope others link in to it, will direct those who PM'ed me to it then maybe we can help eachother.

Nice one - see if we can get an action paln going.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

A quick update: sent the letter with spreadsheets by Rec' Del on 9 Nov which went missing in the post!!! So took a copy (with another £38.00 charge wich came out of acc on 1st Nov) to the branch on 14 Nov. Claim is for just under £2000. So waiting for the usual 'sod off' letter...

Am I right in thinking that when I get that letter I can add any further charges to my claim? (another £28.00 is to be charged on 30 Nov) Then send updated spreadsheet to them with my next letter?

Just got round to reading your new threads / posts re loans etc.

Intrestingly Nat West sent me breakdown of all payments on my loan, just stuffed in an envelope with no covering letter etc...v msyterious as I hadn't asked for one, maybe they read this site afterall....

How is everyone else getting on? Any good news?

Best of luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got an interesting letter from Nat West Branch Manager today with an offer of £350 "as a gesture of goodwill...in full and final settlement of all claims relating to charges" - this made me laugh and swear so much I frightend the cat!!! :mad:

Can I just check a few things out with you guys?

The letter contained this statement -

"We do not accept the office of Fair Trading's findings (5 April 2006) in relation to credit card fees. We are concerned that the Office Of Fair Trading has pubicly called into questions the setting of charges applied to other products, including current accounts. The Office of Fair Trading has restricted its investigation to credit cards and made no attempt to consult with RBS or has the industry in relation to other, entirely different products."

I suppose this is how he justifies the offer of £350 and not my full amount

Is this the standard reply?

Can someone confirm that I should send the LBA letter, from the templates library (I'm going to include an updated spreadsheet as advised by Kate) and I will tell Nat West that I will accept the £350 as a partial refund and will continue to re-claim the balance of the amount of my claim.

Also do I count weekends when I give them X amount of days to respond or just Mon-Fri working days. Todays letter arrived exactly 14 days from me handing prelim letter into my local branch.

How is everyone else getting on any good news yet?

Hi, add-enuff

The letter you've had from the Bank is totally standard. Their opinion of the OFT's statement is of monumental irrelevance. Even if they believed it to the very root of their soul, it wouldn't alter the fact that their charges are unlawful, any more than the Mafia's belief that they're just doing what they can for their families means that murder, extortion and drug running

laws don't apply to them.

The law that matters is the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, the Unfair Terms In Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, and over 100 years of case law. Don't even engage them in conversation - stick to your timetable and send the LBA, with spreadsheet. My claim went up £100s between request and LBA and has leaped now that I've filed a claim and added on statutory interest. Always let them know what you're claiming.

And just give them calendar days. Feel free to make it clear that's what you're allowing. They will stretch it to the last possible second.

By all means write to them accepting the offer as partial settlement (use the templates) but don't amend your claim. They'll withdraw the offer anyway.

Best

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Thanks for the advice Westy

...."monumental irrelevance" - I love it!!! I've been following your threads & they really make me smile, it's great that you treat Nat West with the contempt they deserve. I'll get my response into the branch tomorrow think I'll post one to Bishopsgate too.

Cheers & GOOD LUCK ;)

This may not be relevant now you have a parachute / post office account (i think), but do you know about this...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/42170-right-appropriation-stop-bank.html

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update:

I have most of my benefit paid into a diff bank acc' now but some still goes into the Nat West acc to pay the bank loan, but I think there will be charges at the end of Dec which will make me go over drawn so I will give the Right of Appropriation letter a try just before Xmas.

Took LBA to branch on 1 Dec, no response yet, so will get the Court Action paperwork ready for Thursday...

Just wondering if I gave the right figure on the spreadsheet. I added 18% intrest the the amount I am claiming when I sent first spreadsheet to bank. So do I add an additional 8% to the figure for the Court Action paperwork? Is that right? I think I may have made a mistake.

Any good news on anyones claim?