Medical on Friday.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have the dreaded 0 points medical on Friday but I would like a little bit of advice.

I suffer from asthma, diabeties type two, depression, sciatica also gastric reflux. I'm waiting to see a psychiatrist due to depression etc, now they have called me for this medical but I have not been diagnosed yet. I rang them up to explain but was told just to tell them, but how can they judge if your fit without a Diagnosis?

I'm a bit worried as I'm not to sure what to expect, any advice please?

SJ.

Hello, do you mean diagnosed with depression? surely you have seen your gp and they can back that up? as they tend to do a question and answer thing which gives them an idea if someone if depressed or not, if you are on medication for depression then it doesn't matter if you haven't seen a psychiatrist as of yet, it's not your fault you're having to wait for an appointment. Don't be worried, you'll just end up making yourself more ill and they are not worth it, hopefully you have someone to go with you to the assessment for support, remember that if you don't score enough points, it doesn't mean it's over, you can appeal and with medical support from your gp and anyone else you are seeing then you have a good chance, you just need other people fighting in your corner with you, so don't worry and don't take anything personally because they mess a lot of people around.

Yes I wouldn't worry about diagnosis, ATOS medicals don't take them into account anyway. They will just want to know if you can pick up a button or not (!) it's what you are able to do or not able to do that matters so they will ask questions and you will answer.

Well if it is any consolation an advisor at my local CAB office told me that it is useful not to submit everything you have in the first instance anyway as you will most likely fail the medical and be denied ESA and you need to submit additional evidence for the appeal so you can tell them about how your depression affects you and then if you fail add information about your psychatric evaluation for the appeal.

Personally I don't agree with not submitting everything.

Anything you submit can still be used in an appeal.

You could be right, that was just what a cab advisor told me, just putting a positive spin on it for the guy!

However isn't it true that you must submit some additional evidence of your issues for the appeal?

Sorry about delay getting back.

I'm going to take all my medication in a bag and take it with me. I've had depression for years and been on anti depressents for the same amount of time. Because I moved to a new area I have to wait again to see a psychiatrist, been a month and a half so far.