Help Cant Get My Head Round This

paddym
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok letter received regarding my prelim these guys must think we are all daft !

17/10/06 letter received.

thank you for your letter of 10th oct 06 regarding charges on your mortgage account .

i have passed your concerns to the manager credit control department to investigate.

we will respond to you within 20 working days of the date we received your communication or contact you again if any further information is required.wherever possible we will respond more quickly.

in the meantime i enclose a leaflet detailing our internal complaints procedure for your information .

19/10/06 letter from credit control manager !

Thank you for writing and giving me the opportunity to look into your concerns.

your feeling of disappointment in this matter is clearly acknowledged and i realise that your confidence in mortgage agency services ltd may have been diminished .

mortgage agency services ltd are committed to providing you with the best service possible. i am sorry that you feel this has not happened on this occasion.As a customer you are important to us.

Our aim at MAS is to offer the best possible service to all our customers and as such many of our services are offered free of charge. For example the payment of cheques and direct debits into accounts are free as are amendments to direct debits and the provision of annual statements.However from time to time charges for certain types of transactions are made. These charges are clearly laid out in our tariff of charges which is sent to customers on an annual basis along with their statement of account and is freely available on request.

Our tariff of charges is reveiwed on an annual basis and is reflective of the work undertaken and costs involved in correctly administering accounts where charges need to be applied.It is also balanced against the market place to ensure that MAS customers are offered the best possible service at a competitive price.This is in accordance with FSA regulatory requirements.

In your particular circumstances there have been a number of charges applied to your account which are indicative of the accounts conduct with regards to extra monitoring and recovery of arrears activity that has occurred.

I have undertaken a full review of your account and can confirm that charges applied are correct and in line with out tariff of charges and as such no refund is applicable.For your information i have enclosed a copy of our latest tariff of charges.

I enclose a leaflet of our internal complaints procedure for your information.

However i do hope that my response has resolved matters to your satifaction.I will regard your complaint as closed if we do not hear from you again within 40 working days of the date of this letter.

If you remain unhappy with the response please refer to stage 2 of our internal complaints procedure contained within the enclosed leaflet.Should you still remain unhappy with our response you may be eligible to refer the matter to the finacial ombudman service. This leaflet also provides details of the finacial ombudsman at stage 3 of the procedure .

yours sincerely

denis powis (personally signed )

manager credit control

my thoughts on this !

NOW I CANT SEE WHERE THEY HAVE GIVEN ME A BREAKDOWN OF CHARGES WHICH THEY ADMIT THEY APLLIED FOR RETURNED DIRECT DEBITS AND ARREARS

AND ALTHOUGH I PAID THIS ACCOUNT OFF 6 YEARS AGO THEY STILL VALUE MY CUSTOM AND EVEN BETTER I FEEL HAPPY KNOWING THAT THEY BALANCED CHARGES AGAINST THE MARKET PLACE TO GET ME THE BEST SERVICE AT A COMPETITIVE PRICE WHICH THROUGH THE TERM OF THE MORTGAGE I WAS WITH THEM THEY STARTED AT 13.5% DOWN TO 10.9% YEP A REAL GOOD DEAL I DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT WAY TO TAKE THIS LETTER LAUGH,SCREAM,CRY. IVE NEVER READ SUCH A LOAD Of CODSWALLOP IN ALL MY LIFE !

L.B.A. due 25 /10/06

Your thoughts and veiws peeps would be greatly received !

Zoot what do you think and is there anything i should add into my L.B.A.

sorry for being so long winded but wanted to includE the whole of the letter i received for future reference for us all incase they start sending out standard replies like the banks.

thanks for taking the time to read this ! Paddy

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Paddy stop panicing that letter from them is looking as if they copied it from every bank and credit card company in the country at the moment. This guy isn't saying a thing that the rest haven't already tried.

It looks like standard 'don't say anything except our charges are justified and lawfully correct' when we know they are wrong, Just follow up with your LBA in due course and then onto MCOL if they haven't thrown in the towel by then.

Personally I would have a good laugh at it as you know you will win in the end, it's just a matter of how long they resist.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Nothing to worry about Paddy,

In your LBA thank them for their letter, tell them your letter was not a complaint but a request for payment, you are aware of their charges and tariffs and are aware that these were made known to you at the time of taking out the mortgage, but what you were not aware of was the fact that such charges were unlawful.

Keep on keeping on

Zoot

tamadus no panic i was just bewildered reading it i actually thought he was making it up as he went along lol thanks for the reply ! Zoot thanks for your inPut once again i dont know what we would do without you ! L.B.A. DRAFTED AND READY TO DO 25 TH !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

tamadus no panic i was just bewildered reading it i actually thought he was making it up as he went along lol thanks for the reply ! Zoot thanks for your inPut once again i dont know what we would do without you ! L.B.A. DRAFTED AND READY TO DO 25 TH !

Nahh he isnt making it up as he goes along, he is copying it from other banks as he goes along :D

Not only do they rob us but plagarism is rife among them lmao

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

LMAO hope he is aswell cause i look forward to serving my court papers on them they really got their arm into me when i was at a low ebb in my life imagine 13.5% birty dastards but ill have my daay ! lmao

LMAO hope he is aswell cause i look forward to serving my court papers on them they really got their arm into me when i was at a low ebb in my life imagine 13.5% birty dastards but ill have my daay ! lmao

LMAO that's the spirit, whatever they come up with this group is BIGGER and BETTER and will always find a way through to the finishing line :D

• 2 weeks later...

letter received ! thank you for your letter we have now escalated your concerns to stage2 of our complaints precedure ! we will respond within 20 days or sooner !yet another leaflet detailing our internal complaints procedure !

Well if i havent got word by 15th i will be issuing my county court papers see how their complaints procedure deals with that!

They do like their complaints procedure leaflets don't they Paddy! When are they going to understand that we're not complaining, we're asking for OUR money back. Roll on the 15th but prepare for the next stage - they will draw it out as looooooooooooooong as they can. All good wishes,

Paul

Ohh Paddy,

I'm going through the (what seems like) hundrads of pages or statements from my mortgage company. I "settled" (and I use that term loosly) with them about 18 months ago.

I too am confused by the credit and debit transactions listed on my final statment, Right now I'm trying to go through it and get to the final figure. It must be double entry book keeping or something, I'm having dificulty understanding how they have credited me yet... I have no money??

Anyway I will perservere, just good to know other people have gone through this too, and I'm not on my own.

Subject Access Request for Kensington sent:23/11/06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for Clysdale sent on 24/01/07 which they lost, sent again on 04/04/07

AA Payed in full £85:00 15/07/06 woo hoo!!

King's Lyn Gym, £550 settled. Woo hoo my first win!

Hi Paddym,

who you claiming againts?

Barclays Bank

13/9/06 - ACCEPTED HALF ON BOTH A/Cs

HSBC

21/10/06 - SETTLED IN FULL

Preferred Mortgages

11/8/06 - prelim let sent - redemption fee

12/07 - case dropped

Halifax B/S

2/07 settled in full

Halifax visa card

MCOL due

Citicards & Hillesden

2/07 Data Protection Act & CCA let sent

3/07 Prelim let sent

4/07 LBA sent

Barclaycard

04/07 offer received for 1/3 - refused

Argos Card services

Half offered - refused

PPI Claims:

8/12 MBNA Loan settled in full

7/12 Barclayloan settled in full

9/12 Liverpool Victoria settled in full

7/12 Barclaycard claim rejected

yet another letter ! basically says ! its your intention to raise an action to recover fees and arrears fees ! thats your perogative but we must caution you that such action will be vigorously defended ! this response concludes our internal complaints procedure and they trust my complaint has now been resolved to my satifaction ? now go away and be a good boy dont annoy us again the person to annoy is the financial ombudsman you have 6 months to do it ! goodbye

SIGNED MAS

now as you all can tell they have freightened me by telling me they will defend my claim for arreaers fees and returned direct debit fees taken unlawfully from me so as soon as i have the money and some help from zoot i will be issuing my claim so you mr Sarcastic from MAS if your reading this ill wipe the grin from your face when i get you in court soon see who breaks first !

yet another letter ! basically says ! its your intention to raise an action to recover fees and arrears fees ! thats your perogative but we must caution you that such action will be vigorously defended ! this response concludes our internal complaints procedure and they trust my complaint has now been resolved to my satifaction ? now go away and be a good boy dont annoy us again the person to annoy is the financial ombudsman you have 6 months to do it ! goodbye

SIGNED MAS

now as you all can tell they have freightened me by telling me they will defend my claim for arreaers fees and returned direct debit fees taken unlawfully from me so as soon as i have the money and some help from zoot i will be issuing my claim so you mr Sarcastic from MAS if your reading this ill wipe the grin from your face when i get you in court soon see who breaks first !

Definitely looks like a final response letter so time to get onto Moneyclaim now Paddy. :D

Good luck paddym - they won't break us - although they can try!

:D

--------------------------------------------------------------

HSBC

Settled in FULL on 8/8/06 - £3619.53

CAPITAL ONE

Settled in Full on 6/9/06 - £84.76

ABBEY NATIONAL (Old N&P Mortgage)

Settled In Full on 2/3/07 - £307.13

SPML

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

MORTGAGES PLC

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

• 1 month later...

Have Left It On The Back Burner Until Funds Come In From Other Claims Then Ill Pursue Them Thanks !