Sky TV chasing debt

Cazzle18
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi....hope i've put this in the right place.

Last year we signed up to Virgin Media for TV , Broadband and phone which was due to be installed on the 23/06/2011. Virgin cancelled Sky tv, broadband and phone for us a month in advance of Virgin being installed. We received a letter from sky saying 'sorry you are leaving us...your services will stop on the 23/06/2011. Sky however, took a month's subscription fee for the month June 29th to July 29th . We rang them, they apologised and reimbursed the money into our bank account. A few weeks later we received a 'cancellation' fee from sky totalling £145 !!! We did eventually laugh....the reason being, for the best part of 2011, we had the landline off for up to 2 weeks at a time...the HD box did what it wanted and the 'up to 20meg' broadband was 2 meg in our area.

I threw the letter to one side and forgot about it. The next thing 'Moorcroft' was sending a letter per week.....adding more and more money on...demanding this so called cancellation fee. They tried ringing but we have a Truecall system on the phone. I have finally snapped and sent Sky a nasty email saying i was paying £160 a month for a rubbish service...not once did they apologise for the landline...or the poor tv service and slower than slow broadband. We never got a reimbursement either. Sky have sent me an email today saying that there is no 'cancellation fee' and the money I owe is for Sky, tv, and broadband for AUGUST !!! 2 months after we had virgin installed .....well, I have retaliated ....the poor girl who sent me the email is not going to be happy.....I said it was a load of BULL****. Sky make it up as they go along....any suggestions of what i should do next? x thanking you in advance xx

Make a formal complaint in writing to SKY and go to the ombudsman if you need to. Let Moorcroft know that the matter is in dispute and per OFT rules they should put collection activity on hold.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/complaints-code/

What you can't do is ignore, as Sky will chase it for ever. With a relatives debt, they even sent around a doorstep collector for a debt of about £50, about 5 years after the debt was apparently due. In the end, it was written off.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I don't believe what Sky are saying now....Virgin didn't cancel anything.....LOL so why does it say on my sky bill the following :

Offer(s) ending

24/06/10 - 23/06/11: Your Sky Talk Line Rental Discount

You have removed Sky TV and Sky Broadband from your subscription

You may receive a credit on your bill for the services you have removed (as you pay your subscription a month in advance).

Help understanding my bill

Product change(s):

22/07/11: removed Extra Subscription

22/07/11: removed Sky World

22/07/11: removed Sky+ Subscription

22/07/11: removed Sky+HD Pack

22/07/11: removed Sky Broadband Unlimited

We'll only charge you for the days you use a service or subscription. If you cancel a service that we charge for in advance, you may see credits on your bill, refunding advance payments that would have covered the service or subscription you cancelled.

Changes to your subscription may show products appearing multiple times on your bill; some of these entries may be credits to your account.

Look closely at the billing dates for each product to confirm how you are being charged.

I've sent this to them....it's like a game of tennis....the next thing they'll say is that the original cancellation fee that turned into Augusts bill .....is now the office staff's christmas party kitty ! x

I don't believe what Sky are saying now....Virgin didn't cancel anything.....LOL so why does it say on my sky bill the following :

Offer(s) ending

24/06/10 - 23/06/11: Your Sky Talk Line Rental Discount

You have removed Sky TV and Sky Broadband from your subscription

You may receive a credit on your bill for the services you have removed (as you pay your subscription a month in advance).

Help understanding my bill

Product change(s):

22/07/11: removed Extra Subscription

22/07/11: removed Sky World

22/07/11: removed Sky+ Subscription

22/07/11: removed Sky+HD Pack

22/07/11: removed Sky Broadband Unlimited

We'll only charge you for the days you use a service or subscription. If you cancel a service that we charge for in advance, you may see credits on your bill, refunding advance payments that would have covered the service or subscription you cancelled.

Changes to your subscription may show products appearing multiple times on your bill; some of these entries may be credits to your account.

Look closely at the billing dates for each product to confirm how you are being charged.

I read that as your 'Sky Talk Rental Discount' ended on the 23/6 but all the other services were stopped on the 22/7.

We're in dispute as to why stopped the services on the 22/07 We have received an email from Sky this morning ...they say Virgin contacted them on 22/5/2011 to cancel Sky Broadband and Sky Talk....they can also confirm that my husband rang them on the same day ...however, they are saying he only said to cancel Talk and Broadband....which I know is utter rubbish as I was at the side of him . They are now saying we owe one month's tv subscription at £151.51 !!! How much for one month !! We were paying that for TV, Talk AND Broadband PLus multiroom . They then finishe off the end of the email saying it's Virgin's fault ! I'm going round in circles ...they're not getting another penny out of us !x

Hi Cazzle18 ,I can understand your frustration with Sky. They and then Moorcrap hassled me for ages over a £33 bill for services that I had previously cancelled , that was before I found this site and was the begining of my encounters with DCAs . I did pay them just to stop the constant phone calls and threatening letters something that I would never do now. They must however have short memories as they have sent me many letters asking for me to rejoin them ,that I will never do ,they have forever lost my custom all over £33. If only their customer service reps could see the bigger picture lol.

sleepingdog

This is getting in to a saga now.....initially the bill for £145 cancellation fee.....was then the bill for August 2011 at £151.51....after having the 5th customer services rep onto this they are now saying it's the June 2011 bill , which is actually £124.11 that we owe....on checking the bill, we paid this on the 22nd June 2011 by direct debit. They can understand our FRUSTRATION .....can they? I told them they owe US money for the rubbish service...to which i got a reply back to say they had deducted £6.00 for any hassle caused ......SIX POUND ! whoopppeee do......I am not paying it....Moorcroft will be told the amount is in dispute and that's the end of it......x