Arrow Global/Fredrickson chasing a debt that isnt mine!

sharkssmile
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone please help with some advice on how to proceed with this?

I checked my experian credit file a few days ago and was surprised to find a default from global arrow for £172!

Started: Feb 2006

Defaulted: Aug 2006

Satisfied: Feb 2012

I then went on to check credit expert and equifax and both have listed this account also.

Call credit lists similar details to experian in that I defaulted and it has this month been satisfied....Equifax lists that the account was settled by payment in Aug 2006 and no default is shown!

I contacted arrow global who put me through to Fredrickson and after several calls managed to speak to a girl who couldn't understand what was going on. She said that according to their files the balance was still outstanding and was for argos additions. She said she would look into this and she called me back today. No she is telling me that the account was supressed for 5 1/2 years and they have no idea why and it was due to go live this week so I would expect to be recieving letters to make an arrangement to pay!!

Firstly

1. I can't understand why it would take so long to appear on my credit file..5 1/2 years
  2. The differences between experian and call credit stating default and equifax stating satisfied
  3. why the account would lie "suppressed" for so long
  4. I have never satisfied the account as I never even knew it existed
  5. ......most importantly I have never had a argos additions account in my life and I am 100% certain of that.

She advised me that once I receive my letter from them asking for payment I could call her up and she would put the account into dispute while it was looked into. I know by others experiences and my own past experiences that it is unlikely to be as simple as that. I advised her that I must be a victim of identity fraud and would be contacting the police with copies of my files etc to gain a crime reference number,....she said that if i did this then the file would be closed down etc.

My main concern is the hanging around waiting for the debt letter to hit my doorstep....do I wait or do I take the matter into my own hands first by writing out to these companies to get the ball rolling?

or do I wait until it falls of my account in a few months to save me the grief of trying to fight with a hundred different agencies!?

Any advice on the best course of action would be greatly appreciated please. :???:

oh forgot to add that all three credit reports are saying the balance was either settled in 2006 or satisfied this year (which it hasn't been by me anyway!).....but Fredrickson are telling me that the balance is still outstanding and will be pursuing me for it.

I told the woman on the phone today that any contact would now be in writing...I defo don't owe any money to argos.

I'm dreading the drama of being passed back and forth between the different companies but don't want this showing on my credit file for another six months!

Question is do I write back to them directly as I read on the ICO website that they have to prove you owe debt not the other way about so would I request this to be sent to me first?

There is a letter in the CAG library, which is linked at the top of each screen (green).

Although in this instance, I am not sure that the "prove it" letter is suitable.. you really need just write and say that they obviously have the wrong person as you do not and never have had an account of this kind.

If they dont remove all traces of their jackboots from your credit files and cease passing your data around, you will seek a legal remedy.

You expect from them within 14 days from the date of your letter, an apology and confirmation that they have removed any adverse data from your credit records.

You need to mark this letter OFFICIAL COMPLAINT, send it via a tracked method either Recorded or Special delivery. Keep a copy of the letter you send, the receipt for posting and print off the delivery slip. Keep these all together in a file just in case you need to issue a claim against them to cease and desist.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There is every chance you will hear from a nasty little person called Bryan Carter.. if you do, please dont be concerned. Just let us know if you do and we can advise further.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D