Ready for war with BANKSTERS

commando
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Joined the site last week, spent loads of hours on the threads getting prepared to go to war.Amazed how informative and helpfull everybody is, I am now fully tooled up, with the back up and know how.Will be sending in my DPA request tommorow by recorded delivery to my own branch, and will keep you updated.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Step 1 DPA request plus check for £10 enclosed, by R/D.

Step 2 High lite charges, total up, and send request R/D for my money back. ( 14 days wait ).

Step 3 Send LBA. ( 14 days wait ).

Step 4 Let's go to court. File online throu moneyclaim ( online small claim's court ).

Now ready and fully prepared. My wife has just informed me she is entitled to 50% because it is a joint account.Cant realy argue with that can I ????.

Posted DPA request today by R/D to the address BF recomends.Cheque included

None of this would have happened if a certain manager would have tried to help just a little.I'm self employed and had a bad winter, takings wise.Four bounced D/Ds in november and got charged £140 1st december.Made appointment asap and explained I was in the process of re-mortgageing and would pay off all my C/Cs and loan soon. Asked if he would increase O/D from £200 to £500 for two months and he pressed a button and " Computer said NO ". Asked him if he would write the charges off and he pressed a button and " Computer said NO ".

Asked him if he would reduce the charges and you can guess the rest.

Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr £140 charges each month.I am back in credit now and managed to pay the D/Ds for april.I now realise he could of helped me but chose to screw me ( little does he know ).Will keep you updated.

Good for you!

Keep on top of LTSB the whole way, Keep hassling until you get your DPA stuff through.

You may be surprised at how much you have paid in charges over the years without really noticing.

I assume you asked for the full 6 years?

LOULA

Cheers Guys,

Yes I have requested DPA from 8th april 2000.A rough estimate would be £1000+ is what they have had from me.I suppose I am like most people and open the statements to find the odd charge here and there,get furious, call them everything from a pig to a dog and forget it.I have complained many times in the past about charges and got no where so dont bother anymore untill last december.They wound me up so much after I went to see them in december because I predicted what would happen for the next few months and was obviously trying to avoid more charges.However they saw it in a different lite, a cash cow £140 a month for the next 3 or 4 months.I had better stop there.Will wait a week or so before I start chaseing statements.

Just a quick update,

Checked online this morning to see if the DPA request had arrived and it had.So looking forward to receiving my damaged parcel in the next week or two.

Made an appointment with nat west to open account.Think I will quit with ltsb when the battle is WON.

Went into nat west this morning for my appointment to open a parachute account.Was asked what a parachute account was as they only did the accounts in the brochure,( Only jokeing ).Was asked to bring 2 proofs of ID plus passport and last 3 statements. Could not produce last 3 statements because they have not sent them, they were probably trying to hide them from me because they showed £140 P/M charges. Outcome was, will have to get the next 2 statements and they will phone me on the 11/06. Just been online and opened step account, needs to be approved though. Still waiting for my damaged parcel to be delivered, will e-mail later this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Still not recieved my bank statements so I sent e-mail to miss giv-us-me-money penny yesterday, and had no reply from her yet. The £10 cheque has not been cashed either, they must be very busy in that department.

Got the letter from nat west this morning saying parachute account is now set up.

Got the statements today dateing back to april 2000, was shocked as it came in an un-damaged brown envelope. No mention of manual intervention. Quick total up came to £900 was expecting it to be more than that. Will get an exact figure over the weekend and send preliminary request letter by R/D on monday.

Nothing has bounced this month so will soon be severing all ties with LTSB.

Parachute account is now active so, let the fun begin.

Want some vengence.

All communication so far has been between me and head office. Wish I had handed my DPA request into my own branch in person, just to let them know that the people are fighting back.

Already planning a letter that I will write to my manager and inform him of the £900+ I have had returned from his employers.

They'll still send it off to head office though! They don't have the nouse to do anything else!

What I did was address my letter to Head office and send a copy to the local branch so at least they are aware of what's about to hit em.

Will send them a thank you card from a charity shop when they return MY money :rolleyes:

You seem to have it all under control.. go get em Tiger 19.gif

Running late because my printer was'nt working. Sent off prelim letter today by R/D and with great satisfaction handed a copy into my branch. Await the usual blah de blah from them, and then send LBA on 17/5.

Need to spend more time reading about the court proceedure, everything leading up to that is quite simple really.

Good luck! From what I've read of Lloyds, it shouldn't end up in court but they will probably string it out until the last minute to make you nervous....stick with it and keep us posted :-)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."- Margret Mead

GoodLuck Commando, I'm going back for another two bites at the cherry post my successful claim. They went all the way to the allocation questionaire stage before they settled. Don't blink. Now trying for charges after the six year period 95 to 2000 and post settlement charges and notified charges pending upto June this year. Their solicitors use all sorts of threatening letters and delaying tactics. Respond in kind to the letters and hassle the sh*t out of them by Phone, Fax, Letter and E Mail. Gerrin' there my son!icon7.gif

all ideas and information exchanged willingly, bounce the ideas around,it helps everyone at the end of the day, good luck to you all and God Bless...LoL Graham & Yvonne

They went all the way to the allocation questionaire stage before they settled.

Hi just a quick question, did you complete and return the questionnaire and did you have to pay a fee? Thanks

Anjumanji,

Have'nt got that far yet.

(1) sent for statements.

(2) Worked out how much they owe me.

(3) Just sent prelim letter asking for it back.

Now I wait 14 days and then send LBA wait another 14 days and then I file a court case.That is the part I am concentrating on now in advance so I am fully prepared.

Hi again Commando - looks like we're both working on a similar timeframe, so I'll keep looking in on this thread too. Good luck!

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

PROBLEM ALREADY,

Sent off prelim letter yesterday only to find another £70 charge today. Shall I

(a) Just add it on in the LBA.

(b) Send new prelim with new figure.

© Go the pub and get drunk.

Any advice is welcome, read about this some-where but cant find the thread.

Send prelim with new amount (i.e. including new charges). You can add on any further charges up until you file your money claim.

Edited: Sorry just noticed that you have already sent the Prelim. Wait until the 14 days have passed for the prelim. When you send your LBA add the new charges. If it does end up going to Moneyclaim and you incur more charges add them onto the moneyclaim too.

If you incur anymore charges after moneyclaim, you can ask the bank to refund them (via phone) or start the whole process again.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks