Payday Battle

Guest Poguesy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I used both those email addresses and got ignored. I had no joy until the debt was passed to castlebridge credit. They took about a day or so to answer each email which was frustrating and they kept asking for for proof that I had lost my job, bank statements and income expenditure. I kept refusing as I just didn't trust them. In the end I said look the sooner you accept the sooner you get ure money. And they agreed. It took 4 months though, but persistance is the key

Ok I found out if send it to dr@ paydayexpress.co.ukyou be asked send income and out coming form they might ask for bank statements but don't send them in they might keep ringing you or saying cant be done but keep emailing them and soon give in.

Also with the income and outgoings form, do not list any specifics.

List your debts as:

Credit card 1 -

Credit card 2 -

etc. Too many times they try and get creditor details so they can send them letters asking for certain details such as banking info or employer details.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Can i just ask how to you get payday express to agree to your repayment plans? They are ignoring all of my emails! Please help :-(

hey - they are a nightmare it has taken me just over two months to get them to agree. I sent about two emails a day to dr @ paydayexpress.co.uk and customer care@ paydayexpress.co.uk stating over and over again that I wanted a repayment plan. They ignored me for a while but eventually got something back asking me for an income/expenditure form. They are very very slow at replying to your emails and will ignore most of what you say but as everyone says persistence is the key, do not give up and do not let them bully you into anything. I was advised to keep a record of every time they rang me which I did so as I was receiving up to ten phone calls a day on my mobile and house phone. Do not bother answering them they are incredibly rude and mocking and as I am sure you have read everywhere on here everything can be denied from a phonecall!

Keep keep going, it feels so fantastic now to be able to say that they have finally given into me after all this time!! good luck!

Pete T,

Elhs is spot on, don't talk to these buffoons. Keep a note of the calls they make, package them up and make formal complaints to FOS, OFT and trading standards. They're well known at ignoring consumers (have a read through the threads) so don't take it personally.

toptrapper : i already got deal with payday express for £5.00 via being clever and not moving from it even told them if went court and i told them refused even small amount even if was not repayment plan in the end given in and settle for £5.00 per month i done same to others i like them to ring me its funny as because tell them unless take the repayment plan there no point ringing me and only way would speak was via letter.

Pete T,

Whilst I wish you well, and are pleased things have worked out, from my own experience, conversations with these people are "lost", by the PDL - I stress this is only my experience, but from reading many other threads on here, I know I'm not alone!

Oh right well guess time will tell on how well they stick to the agreement i placed with them i got the copy my own agreement that had them sign and return just help my case if went to legal point view.

toptrapper : i already got deal with payday express for £5.00 via being clever and not moving from it even told them if went court and i told them refused even small amount even if was not repayment plan in the end given in and settle for £5.00 per month i done same to others i like them to ring me its funny as because tell them unless take the repayment plan there no point ringing me and only way would speak was via letter.

Hope they said they were 'freezing' interest and this was in writing? when they accept a 'low' repayment amt they often don't or didn't make this known! which means u won't have one over on them and find u actually end up paying far more

alice.in.wonderland :so far all them have agreed in black and white freeze interest on the condition i don't miss a payment if i do this will return there only one that so far not allowed payment plan to but into place and that was OneMonth as wanted £10 even told them this can't be made to later date.

Good fella well done : ) as long as it's all in writting your safe if they do try playing silly beggers nearer the 'end'! just trying to give u a heads up as they are vulgar!Stick to your guns with onemonthloan - u r looking better as your paying others off anyway - use it!!! they will be stuffed!

Guest Poguesy
congratulations!!

I can also announce Payday Express have finally sucummed and I am FINALLY on a repayment plan with them!!

I knew you would get there in the end :)

Well... after about 60 emails to payday express they have finally given in and have accepted my £45 a month repayment plan!!!! :whoo:They have frozen all interest and charges and have gave me their bank details! Thanks everyone for the advice don't know what i would of done without your help!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Poguesy

Well,

Today i finally received a response from Money Shop's "company secretary" regarding my complaint.

They've agreed to wipe the extra interest and charges and have accepted a repayment plan on my own terms.

It's nice to now have every one of them sorted in arragements. Just gotta focuse on paying them off now! :p

Brilliant news. Well done. Just make sure that they've agreed to paying the debt off, and not just interest.

But that feeling you get knowing that your debts are in order and its just a matter of time to get debt free, is second to none.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Did you honestly expect an apology??!

As for them writing off interest and charges - these (probably) shouldn't have been attempted to be levied against you in the first place. How are you getting on with FOS OFT and Trading Standards?

And this is simply because others have had the guts to stand up to them - wouldn't surprise me if their now sooo desperate to make themselves look good hee hee Of course they will now write of charges! absolutely funny I only hope it is to little, to late

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)