Payday Battle

Guest Poguesy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks, actually I just started a log but didn't think to actually answer then hang up, will do that. They are still calling even though I have said what you wrote before!! They are a nightmare!

They are a nightmare. Remember, they are loan sharks with a license. They will do anything they can to bully and harass you to pay back more than you owe and to agree to repayments you cannot afford. As i said before, answer the phone as normal, ask who is it. If they say theyre from a PDL, then simply hang up and record the date and time along with the PDL name, or state that you have no wish to talk to them by phone, and hang up and record.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Capital Finance - good luck!! They took over £600 out of my account when I got paid despite the fact I had a repayment plan with them and are still refusing a refund. be very very careful with them. MT Collect is the debt collecter they hand over to (although I am pretty sure it is just a division of their company not a seperate company). They were quite rude at first but I finally spoke to someone who was really helpful and set up a payment plan of £20.00 a month straight away for me and I haven't had problems with them so far. Problem with Cap Finance I found is that they have never once answered any of my emails. So I was forced to do it over the phone - which as you can see from here is NOT the way to do it!

Do you have a repayment plan with Minicredit? I'm having so much trouble with them, they refuse every payment plan I suggest!

well done on your other negotiations :) don't worry I completley gatecrashed this thread aswell!!

How did they take the £600. Because You could be able to sue them or contact the police for theft, since you did not agree to them taking payment, and they refuse to refund it. There are ways around it, but we'd need to know the method of payment first.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Guest Poguesy
Don't mean to gatecrash your thread but had 3 successful negotiations paid today - Txtloan paid off F+F of £89.73 despite asking for £190, 1monthloan paid off at £76 despite wanting £134 and Wagedayadvance wanted £194, offered £55 and settled at £70.76.

Pleased with that, just minicredit and Cap Finance 1 to go, I've repaid minicredit £55 and 4 x £40 to Freds on their behalf, might say that's your lot with that one. Only one I need to make inroads to is CFO but they're a nightmare.

Bloody gate crashers! :p

Well done, so far :D

Guest Poguesy
Hiya

I have sent about 2-3 emails a day. I finally got a reply today but it just asked for an income expenditure form, so will do that and then see what happens. can't believe how long it is taking!!

Can't wait for that day I really can't!! How have you been getting on?

You're doing great and you'll get there eventually :)

I'm still having problems with the Money Shop but everything else is sorted.

Think i'll try a f+f with them at the end of the month and see what they say.

Guest Poguesy
Shows that the main question you need to ask yourself before taking out loans like this is: are you organised and can you pay them back properly?

I agree.

I've noticed many people state they can't pay back due to "unforseen circumstances" but in reality we all just took them out without thinking and knowing we can't pay it back.

I'm not ashamed to admit doing so.

Neither am I! my stance is we had the money in the first place and it needs re-paying Though I hate the charges they put on the paying people - that will never be justified I've now repaid 5 out of 6 and believe not one company has suffered

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

Me neither, i admit to being rubbish with money. However had I not lost my job, I may well have been able to clear them all off by now. In the current climate with wage cuts, reduced hours and jobs going the risk of those unforseen circumstances vastly increases

How did they take the £600. Because You could be able to sue them or contact the police for theft, since you did not agree to them taking payment, and they refuse to refund it. There are ways around it, but we'd need to know the method of payment first.

My debt had been handed over to MT Collect and I had set up a repayment plan with them (unfortunatley by phone) I requested a letter or email confirmation which I didn't receive. Then on my payday Capital Finance took over £600 in several transactions. When I rang MT Collect they said it was nothing to do with them as Capital Finance took the money. Spoke to Capital Finance after going back and forth for a week or so they then told me I had violated the contract by applying for other loans with them while I had my current one (which I never did!) My bank said if I had proof of the payment plan they might be able to help but of course that never arrived.

I have continued to send emails but they have all been ignored so far. Apparently for 33 days after they hand the debt to MT Collect they reserve the right to try for part or all of the payments - I wasn't told this. I have no idea what else to do now!

Shows that the main question you need to ask yourself before taking out loans like this is: are you organised and can you pay them back properly?

Good on you for being one of the people who are doing it the right way!

Completley agree, I never looked far enough into the future to realise I wouldn't be able to pay this back. Am terrible with money but buried my head in the sand for far too long! Have learnt my lesson the hard way though

Also - has anyone had any dealings with Mini credit? I received a letter yesterday FINAL DOORSTEP COLLECTOR NOTICE. It says that I will be visited by 30/03 for the payment. When I spoke to them earlier in the week by email I said that this was illegal and they needed a court order but they told me that it is different as it is not a bailiff and the person just comes and asks for the money and leave with or without the money. Is this true, can they do this? My parents unfortunatley opened the letter and are extremely distressed by the thought of someone coming to the door especially if I am not here. Feel awful having put them in this situation.

Simply send them a letter back stating that you revoke all permission under common law for themselves or their representatives to come on to your property. If they do come on to your property or knock on your door, then they will be committing trespass and the police will be called.

If they ignore this and they do come and knock on the door, tell them in whatever way you like to go away. If they dont, then call the police. If you open the door and they try to stop you closing it, call the police and state that you have an intruder and you fear for your life.

As one of the admins on this site rightly said,when it comes to doorstep collectors, or indeed ANYONE apart from the postman or legal authority (such as court appointed baliff or the police) , your next door neighbours cat has more legal rights then them.

Sent them the email or letter clearly stating this. DO NOT PHONE THEM AND TELL THEM.

If they do turn up ( its very unlikely they will), do as i said above. Tell them in no uncertain terms and whatever english words you like where they can go, and call the police immediately if they will not leave or if they even try to enter your property or stop you closing your door.

Please note, property includes gardens, houses, cars or any other place you may be located at that belongs to you.

Again, they are NOT allowed onto or into any of your property. If they do, they are committing a criminal act and you should treat it as such. Tell your parents do not worry as they have no legal rights and the law is 100% on your side. If they have any doubts, tell them to come and visit this website and check the multiple guides on dealing with doorstep collectors.

You can even go to http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/DebtsAndArrears/DG_10034289 and read the regulations for yourself. You should also note, that since they say they can visit, you are also legally able to revoke all permission for them to come to your property. Same as you would for anyone else you dont want on your land.

Edited by renegadeimp

Good to know, thanks! I have spoken to them on the phone already (I did record it) but I will also send a letter and email. I hope it won't come to them actually turning up but thanks for the advice if they do

I edited my post to give a bit more detail.

Also, in future, don't use the phone. You may be recording the conversation, however they can easily say that the person who answered was not authorised to deal with the situation and as such its null and void. Thats why this site and any legal representative will always say to make sure it is always dealt with in writing, as well as written details being the best way to keep a good dossier of evidence.

Keep us updated.

Thank you, I will get my parents to look on here that should ease their worry somewhat. Ok, I have now sent an email stating this and am composing a letter aswell to send them. Will let you know what happens!

Hi Guys looks like many people having problems with this company and i am one many also, so far its been enjoyable in the fact they don't seem understand what Data Protection Act means to them and they feel they can break the law on that they also like feel scaring customers into paying full up or be sent to debt recoverty team who is Money Shop !!! that funny because they parnters also so far been sent to head office Express Finance who again just make be laugh to.

Guest Poguesy
Also - has anyone had any dealings with Mini credit? I received a letter yesterday FINAL DOORSTEP COLLECTOR NOTICE. It says that I will be visited by 30/03 for the payment. When I spoke to them earlier in the week by email I said that this was illegal and they needed a court order but they told me that it is different as it is not a bailiff and the person just comes and asks for the money and leave with or without the money. Is this true, can they do this? My parents unfortunatley opened the letter and are extremely distressed by the thought of someone coming to the door especially if I am not here. Feel awful having put them in this situation.

From other posts it would appear they don't actually do this, but do add charges for it.

You'll probably have to wait until this **** pass it onto a debt collector.

From other posts it would appear they don't actually do this, but do add charges for it.

You'll probably have to wait until this **** pass it onto a debt collector.

And if it EVER gets to court, those charges will be completely wiped from the debt.

:whoo:

Congrats to all. It shows that knowledge and dogged persistance wins all.