My rights re sickness/time off work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I had a hospital procedure on 18th jan and this has resulted in problems for me both physically and mentally/emotionally, my GP has been signing me off for a week at a time but last week signed me off for 2.

I have been put on anti depressants and advised to see a counsellor. I am not ready to return to work due to this plus am barely eating/sleeping so physically cant get around as normal.

I work for a big retail company and spoke to personnel last week to explain (they rang me). Today i have woke up to 2 missed calls from them. I am stressing about work as i am a dept supervisor and hoping they will allow me to step down on my return but while i am off and using sick notes i am stressing incase they can sack me or do anything else drastic!!!!

Please help :|

Highly unlikely that they would try and sack you after what is a relatively short time off and especially whilst under medical supervision. They are out of order if they keep bothering you whilst off sick though and if that carries on you should raise a grievance. The employer is allowed to contact you whilst you are off, but only as appropriate and where welcomed by the employee.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

The day after my hospital procedure I called to let the GM know I would not be back the next day and he said 'I expect you back on this day' and 'i am disappointed in you' and 'i never get ill' - talk about compassion. Then these 2 missed calls - I havent called back as feel they have my sick note and i spoke to personnel last week anyway (i answered the phone that time!!)

Doesnt help how im feeling right now to be honest - thanks for your help sidewinder :-)

HI,

When you say that you would 'hope' that they will allow you step down upon your return to work, what do you mean? Step down in terms of responsibilities (position/satus) or in relation to your contractual working hours?

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.