• Tweets

• might be best to start a new thread as its one of 5 you have?  
    • @jk2054 - I haven't started a claim with OIC or MIB yet, due to being unable to obtain the name of the other driver.  @BankFodder cheers for that, I'll go back to them with this info & update on here when I've had a response.
    • Andy thanks for your reply. No i am now being evicted from the house i moved into after that previous post. The letting agent lied to me when they said the landlord would not be selling the house. SHe did not mention that the landlord tried to sell the house last year, i was not told this, 4 months into the tenancy i got the eviction notice. Its obvious they lied to me and used me to fill in the gap between their attempts to sell the house. I have filled in the defence form as it was easy to follow the old one from my previous post. I will post it later on in the hope someone can give it the once over. It has to be in by the end of this month may 31st.  
    • It's a GR Yaris - Finance is with Alphera, who are part of BMW I believe. I'm sure the unit is very expensive to repair, I have even told them I would be happy with a refurbished/reconditioned unit, in trying to be reasonable as well.
    • Without seeing this envelope, document and sticker it is impossible to advise properly. However, just going on what you have told us, there are two ways you can deal with this: !. The easy way. This has the lowest risk but the guarantee of a penalty for speeding.  You can respond to the SJPN by pleading “Not Guilty” to both charges. In the “Reasons for pleading Not Guilty” box you can explain that you responded to the request for driver’s details but it was recently returned to you, seemingly not actioned. However, you are willing to plead guilty to the speeding charge providing, and only providing, the “Fail to Provide Driver's Details" (FtP) charge is dropped. You could also ask the court to consider sentencing you at the fixed penalty level (£100 and 3 points) as this prosecution seems to be the result of an administrative problem outside your control. 2. The not so easy way with higher risk. This could see you convicted of the FtP charge but has the possibility that you escape with no penalty whatsoever. You can do the same – plead not guilty to both charges. If you go down this route the speeding charge cannot succeed as they have no evidence you were driving. This comes from your response to the request for driver’s details which the police say they have not got. You can mention in the “Reasons” box that you returned the request for driver’s details as required. You will then face a trial for the FtP charge and you can produced your response together with the envelope and sticker showing it had been returned to you. The risk with this is that if your defence fails you will be fined a week and a half’s net income, pay a “Victim Surcharge” of 40% of the fine, pay prosecution costs of around £650 and have six points together with an endorsement code (MS90) which will see your insurance premiums rocket.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Received a claim from arrow global at Northampton CC really dont know where to go

phaitun
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

there is an abvious trend with carter and co, poor poc, no docs, non compliance to cca request, non compliance with cpr 31 and 18, then a feeble scare tactic.

i am just hoping that true to their apparent lack of respect for the law they will discontinue, however would also look forward to my day in court to show the judge what a bunch of rogues this outfit really are

I am fighting it all the way :-x

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sent a letter to Carters today thanking them for their letter and refusing their WP offer of settlement out of Court at this stage until i have seen the docs i requested via CPR 3114 and CPR 18.

I made it clear that this was the third FORMAL request for these docs.

Also thanked them for the use of their stamped addressed envelope as i wished to 'reduce costs' between both parties - Wonder how they will react

Had a similar WP letter today for the smaller debt, will do the same with that one also.

Anybody else had experience of Carters 'Without prejudice' letters?

Edited by phaitun

I think BC tries for a consent in most cases.

Really not sure what they hope to achieve, there's certainly no benefit to the defendant and in all probability they'll be allocated to sct with limited [if any] costs. It would be a dfferent matter if the claims had merit and they tabled an offer of say 50% with terms over a few years.

Gez

Still no reply from BC reference these!

I hopefully can get some docs back as i am sure these are mostly made up of unfair charges they continued with after i asked them to stop, even when i went through a Debt management company the interest and charges never stopped.

Back then i was gullible and would pay anything when they threatened court etc.

Hopefully get somewhere next week:jaw:

He's got a couple of weeks to make a decision yet, if not the case is stayed ........ unless he discontinues.

If he then applies to lift the stay in the future your position remains the same, if he applies for s/j...... your position remains the same.... whatever he does you invoke your rights to disclosure of docs at the crux of the case.

Gez

Yesterday received 2 letters from Carters

1. Relates to smaller debt, stating they never recieved CPR 31/CPR 18 i sent it to Arrow Global, would/should they have passed it to Carter? Anyway Carter wants a copy sent through the post, should i re-send it or should i write a letter stating it was sent to Arrow Global and signed for by their representative?

2. in relation to the larger debt, they 'note the contents of my letter refusing the Consent Order and 3rd formal request of disclosure/docs', and have reffered the matter back to their client'

However they write 'that they reiterate the contents of their last letter' (stating they would apply to get my defence 'set aside' if i didnt agree to their without prejudice consent order)

:razz: What game do these people play?

Yesterday received 2 letters from Carters

1. Relates to smaller debt, stating they never recieved CPR 31/CPR 18 i sent it to Arrow Global, would/should they have passed it to Carter? Anyway Carter wants a copy sent through the post, should i re-send it or should i write a letter stating it was sent to Arrow Global and signed for by their representative?

Should have gone to BC..... you'd think good conduct would suggest AG would forward it to their counsel...... send him a copy and remind him to get on with it

2. in relation to the larger debt, they 'note the contents of my letter refusing the Consent Order and 3rd formal request of disclosure/docs', and have reffered the matter back to their client'

However they write 'that they reiterate the contents of their last letter' (stating they would apply to get my defence 'set aside' if i didnt agree to their without prejudice consent order)

Oh yeah, is that like saying referred the matter to their client to find out if they can support their case....... I think they probably mean struck out - on the basis of what exactly?

:razz: What game do these people play?

Typical games, just have to roll with it for now

Gez

Yes they did say they would apply to have my defence 'struck out' - no basis only in realtion to their Consent Order they just wrote- 'if we do not hear from you then we will apply to Court to strike out your defence at hearing, which if succesful will result in further costs being payable by you (me)'

I guess its another threat-o-gram

Yes they did say they would apply to have my defence 'struck out' - no basis only in realtion to their Consent Order they just wrote- 'if we do not hear from you then we will apply to Court to strike out your defence at hearing, which if succesful will result in further costs being payable by you (me)'

That's the courts decision not theirs, tbh its all p*** and wind, they failed to particularise their pleading, failed to disclose any data in support of their case, declined to supply data pursuant to parts 18 & 31....... Let them get on with it for now, if they apply for s/j they've still got the same hoops to jump through.

I guess its another threat-o-gram

Gez

Had three letters today, one was from Arrow requesting i send them some further identification docs to confirm my address etc and that they cant provide the agreement unless i supply them this under the DPA, even though they previously sent me my £1 PO back, i am annoyed as i did state on my original CCA request to them that they should send it to my home address as recorded as this is where they normally send their junk correspondence :mad2:

Also as Carter and Co have filed a claim at Court on their behalf ,which i have acknowledged, defended and also corresponded with Cartrer (Arrows legal rep) over disclosure and other issues then surely this should be enoughof a clue as to my identity? I will write to them and politely point this out.

There was another letter from Carter stating that he had now received the CPR 18 regarding the smaller debt from Arrow (i sent it to them in error) stating that the debt realtes to a Bank Of Scotland A/C which was assigned to the claimant on or around the 16th November 2011 and that the documents that i refer to in my CPR 18 request were already supplied to me and the reproduction of the same does not warrant a CPR request further states that reasonable disclosure will be supplied in due course.

No acknowledgement of the CPR 31.14 request that i sent to him though.

I guess this is his idea of a defence around the statutory obligations regarding CPR requirements on disclosure? Nontheless i will wait for the docs to 'appear' (or not) at AQ, then go from there.

I think they are still trying to mug me off :lol:

Also received an acknowledgement and thank you letter for my SAR from Halifax, stating they have recived my £10 and are processing my request. And a copy of the information that i am ENTITLED to recieve will be supplied asap and will be within the 40 days. They also state that HBOS is not obliged to supply records held in paper format if they do not form part of a filing system.

In my experience and to the best of my knowledge they have to supply me with ALL of the data held on me, including paper records and i am in fact ENTITLED to all of this data if i request it and pay the appropriate fee. I think this is another feeble attempt to mug me off.

In any case its down to Carter and Co now to provide details of all documents under the disclosure rules of RETAIN, REVIEW and REVEAL any documents upon which he bases his case. As best as i have researched there is little difference between civil disclosure and that of CPIA. Any documents have to revealed in the interest of justice.

I am annoyed that HBOS/HALIFAX try this on, the DPA says i have to be given everythingregarding my personal data, its a little different trying to get hold of 'sensitive intelligence or inforamtion' from Govmt agencies as those are often classed as confidential and have to face the test of Public Interest Immunity.

Also had a leaflet outlining a complaints procedure and a whole load of other stuff relating to their Privacy Statement (7 pages).

An interesting evening tonight

Mrs Phaitun in her great wisdom has also today found some letters relating to old debts etc.

Originally the larger HALIFAX debt was managed by a DMC and was being collected by Blair Oliver Scott

I stopped paying the DMC/Blair Oliver Scott as EX mrs P and myself were having problems and split up, i wasnt happy that the debt was not reducing etc, and so they chased me for a while whereby i came to a telpehone agreement in 2006 and btween 2006 and 2007 some payments were made so i guess not SB'ed.

The demands for increased payments, number of phone calls, calls at work etc became unreasonable so i can remember offering the DCA collecting at the time a £1 a week payment which the DCA at the time refused so i said ok see you in Court this was around Autumn 2007.

I had moved house twice between 2006 and 2008, staying in rented accomodation as an agreement i had with the gracious Ex Mrs P was that she kept the house for our 2 kids future and lived in the luxury whilst leaving my future pension alone.

So i was chased and traced to my current address and received loads of letters which i probabaly binned, phone calls that i ignored and threat o grams etc- usual stuff although it seems i kept some documents and actually sent a CCA request to WESCOT regarding the alleged debt in 2009. WESCOTS reply was to return my quid and 'reffered back to their client'

It seems this has gone from Halifax through the hands of at least 5 different (?) DCA's until Carter decided he was going to try and scare me into a default judgement.

No wonder i couldnt recall who allegedly owned this debt.

Will be drafting a full defence statment next week, pending any trial, TBH i am actually now looking forward to a day out in Court ;-)

I will also be claiming back charges via MCOL once the SAR returns from Halifax.

Edited by phaitun

How long before i recieve an AQ?

Also if BC withdraws, now that i have sent defence can i actually claim wasted costs? and then also claim back unfair charges (over 6 years) from HALIFAX and BOS.

I bought the small claims book from the site and it is a very useful tool

How long before i recieve an AQ?

Could be anything up to a month after last service date of defence..... depends how busy the court is, may be 5 or 6 weeks down the line. If BC decides he doesn't want to continue it'll be never.

Also if BC withdraws, now that i have sent defence can i actually claim wasted costs? and then also claim back unfair charges (over 6 years) from HALIFAX and BOS.

If he discontinues you can go after him for costs

I bought the small claims book from the site and it is a very useful tool

Hope the above helps

Gez

Today 2 x letters from Bryan Carter for each of his 2 claims

Dear Phaitun,

We refer to recent communication.

Please note we are no longer instructed in connection with this matter and have returned the account to our client.

Yours sincerely

Bryan Carter

Has he quit? If so what happens to his claim?

What happens now, do i get a notification from the Court?

Do i hve to wait for Arrow to discontinue the Court Claim?

This has cheesed me off more than ever! How can he start a claim with no documents to back it up and then quit when the going gets a little bit tough, i.e me asking for sight of the documents?

Seems like a huge case of FRAUD to me!

Never mind complaints to FSA/OFT/SRA/LAW SOCIETY/FOS which will be happening.

I will also check with some CPS lawyers that i know, write a statement and take some advice, if the points can be proved make a Police Complaint of Fraud/Attempt Fraud.

Get Carter lol

Check with Arrow and ask the status of the claim now goony as thrown the towel in.Will they be apponting other representation or will they discontinue.

BC only does default judgments :roll:

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

What is the fraud? The solicitor was instructed and now isn't so the creditor is acting in person. I have no idea what you'd complain to the SRA or police about.

I have only skimmed your thread so if the fraud is a matter which was already present in your case prior to your last post then disregard my comments.

Carter presented a case to the court after threatening me with court action over money i alledgedly owe, without ANY legal basis to do so, other than the say so of another bunch of rogues Arrow.

Seems like at least attempted Fraud by false representation. He was not in receipt of any docs to substantiate, or even prove he has a right to make his claim, yet still tried to bully/threaten me and then ABUSED the Court system to try and get his own way. When he was faced with a challenge, ran away like the school bully who gets smacked by the one of those he tried to bully.

Fraud by false representation (Section 2)

The defendant:

• made a false representation
  • dishonestly
  • knowing that the representation was or might be untrue or misleading
  • with intent to make a gain for himself or another, to cause loss to another or to expose another to risk of loss.

The offence is entirely focused on the conduct of the defendant.

Carter presented a case to the court after threatening me with court action over money i alledgedly owe, without ANY legal basis to do so, other than the say so of another bunch of rogues Arrow.

Seems like at least attempted Fraud by false representation. He was not in receipt of any docs to substantiate, or even prove he has a right to make his claim, yet still tried to bully/threaten me and then ABUSED the Court system to try and get his own way. When he was faced with a challenge, ran away like the school bully who gets smacked by the one of those he tried to bully.

Happens every day in every court in the land, don't take it personally....... use the rules against him whenever the opportunity arises.

Gez

Fraud by failing to disclose information (Section 3)

The defendant:

• failed to disclose information to another person
  • when he was under a legal duty to disclose that information
  • dishonestly intending, by that failure, to make a gain or cause a loss.

Like Section 2 (and Section 4) this offence is entirely offender focussed. It is complete as soon as the Defendant fails to disclose information provided he was under a legal duty to do so, and that it was done with the necessary dishonest intent. It differs from the deception offences in that it is immaterial whether or not any one is deceived or any property actually gained or lost.

sadly this is how 90% of carters income is gained

if you dont defend they get judgement by default

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...