10 year old Capital One Account .

ratbag1970
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, long story and just some general advise really to ease my curiosity.

My husband had a CapOne card approx 10 - 12 years ago. He became unemployed, we found meeting repayments difficult. There were numerous default charges applied to the account, inc late payment charges. I can't remember if there was any PPI on it or not.

The account was sold to Lowell.

We sought advise from our CAB Debt adviser in 2006, who arranged payment plans with our creditors: Lowell, Cabot, Debt Managers, Connaught Collections, CLFinance, Lloyds TSB: (there were a few!) and we have stuck to those arrangements since. in some cases we've upped the repayments.

We are now wondering, if there is anyway to find out about any charges, interest or PPI we might be able to claim back on those accounts that may reduce the balances, if not, wipe them out completely!!

Any thoughts from anyone would be helpful.

Hi

If you haven't got statements then you would need to SAR the lender to get as much information as they hold on you.

Template for SAR is in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green.

Then get reclaiming

ims

Thanks for the reponse.

That's What I thought. I've used CAG forums a few times before and the site team have always been really helpful. We've moved 3 times since we first got the card so I'm not hopeful about finding statements. So SAR it is then. Now, do I send it to Lowell or Capital One? Lowell are very helpful and always supply the original CapOne Acc Num on their letters? And do I send SAR to all the others as well? I believe CLFinance may have been a store card before being bought by a DCA??

Thanks in advance.

Thank you. Right, I'll see how many of the original creditors details I can find and get them sent off. I'll come back and post in this thread when/if I get any responses. The info might be helpful to someone else. And it's always nice to share the amusing responses you get from some companies :wink:

urm......

everyone of those names rings alarms bells o paying them ANYTHING!

can you check your CRA file as a matter of urgency to check all these debts you are paying SHOW!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DX:

Yes, sadly I was unaware of the dangers of DCA's when all of this happened.

By the time we did anything about our situation most of our debts had been handed over to DCA's by our creditors.

We struggled for around 18 months making extortionate repayments until we finally saw the light and went and got help from the CAB Debt advisor.

He sorted out our Income and Expenditure and organised affordable monthly repayments with various creditors and DCA's.

I now know so much more. I won't be intimidated by their threat tactics. I refuse to talk to ANY DCA on the phone. I check my credit reference file regularly.

We were repaying CapOne something like £220 per month, inc charges for being over limit, late payments etc

and I'm fairly sure it was a 29.9% interest rate.

They refused requests for help until we saw the CAB then promptly handed it over to Lowell.

How uniformed (and young) I was :oops:

oh time for a nice reclaim from cap1 then!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no tells you nowt about the status of the debt

get your CRA file

dx

and they