Darling1 v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying v. hard to use this site!!

Requested my statements from the Halifax via phone and within 10 days got my statements - all 96 of them. worked out what my charges were and sent initial letter requesting refund of £3220.40 - on 03/08/06

Got reply today offering £100 in full and final etc. (19/08/06)

I don't know what to do next! I want the full amount.

I cannot understand the Money Claim, what is it, where is it, what do I do with it.

Can anybody help me....I have told so many people about this , I don't want to fail!!! Also I have the TSB and HSBC still to go!! :|

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

Before you do anything read the FAQs and step by step guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Your taking on a large organisation with limitless financial and legal resources, so you need to understand the process and various stages first, otherwise you're bound to make mistakes. Get this one right and then you can tackle TSB and HSBC with confidence. It's not a race, so take your time.

HI and welcome to the site, u could do 1 of 2 things, u could either reply with the £100 offer and accept as a partial settlement and inform them u will proceed with the claim. Or u could refuse the offer and tell them u are pursuing the claim for the full amount, but either way, do not accept the £100 as full and final settlement, this money is yours and you are entitled to every penny.

Dinky:)

Halifax: 28/06/06 Data protection letter sent

Halifax: 12/07/06 Recieved statements

Halifax: 12/07/06 Sent prelim letter requesting £4081

Halifax: 15/07/06 Recieved blah blah blah

Halifax: 25/07/06 Sent letter before action

Halifax: 09/08/06 N1 court claim filed at local county court

Halifax: 14/08/06 Received offer of £273

Halifax: 14/08/06 Confirmation from court papers will be served on 12/08/06

Halifax: 15/08/06 sent letter refusing offer.

Halifax: 24/08/06 Settled in full

if 1 reply to the letter offering £100.00, is there a template or do I just write it myself? and if I say I'll take the £100.00 as partial settlement but still intend to pursue the full £3220.40 what words would I use,so not to cock it all up!

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

can anyone out there help me???

How do I move onto the next stage- I have read the FAQ and I cannot find the answer!

Where do I go to find out the next stage.....I have sent first letter requesting £3200, they have offered £100.00. I wish to declilne this. What do I do next!!! Is there a template for the letter I need to send.

If someone wrote a little booklet for this site, with a full runthrough of all the stages and "if this happens do this".....type of thing, and all letters you would need to send, I would buy it!!

HELP!!!!!!!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Hi,

There is no template as far as i know for refusal, i sent them a letter as follows,

Dear Customer relations,

Thank-you for your letter dated 11th August. Further yo your offer of £273 as a gesture of goodwill, unfortunately on this occasion we will not be accepting this. As you might be aware a county court claim has already begun, in which we are claiming £4996.98.

Regards

MR & MRS ******

i kept the letter short and to the point, hope this helps.

Thank you so much Dinky-very helpful.

And thank you to dollies01 - I have at last found all the templates I require!!!

I shall be sending off my LBA tomorrow. So here goes!!

I have one "small" problem......, enlisted help calculating the amount owed to me. And I have found that it is actually £3193.80, I am trying to recover, not £3220.40, as I originally thought (this was an honest admin error - the same sums of money added twice...........) what shall I do?? I hadn't been able to locate the spreadsheet before yesterday, so did it longhand.

I have had continual problems logging on this site, have found a way round it yesterday....

I thought I could just make an ammendment to the LBA, stating that the letter included a revised schedual of charges?? would that be ok??:confused:

Yes that would be fine, you can change the amount right upto the date of the court claim.

Thankyou again Dinky...you are a star;)

I have now sealed my envelope and and will be sending my LBA by recorded delivery tommorrow.....I'll keep you updated.

• 3 weeks later...

Confused

The time has run out for the Halifax. I sent them the letter before action over 14 days ago. I know I should have done it already -but how and where do I calculate the interest before I go to the court with the amount? Do I do the interest on the same calculation of penalty charge spread sheet in the "interest section" or do I use a different one? I am as always confused!!

Confused

The time has run out for the Halifax. I sent them the letter before action over 14 days ago. I know I should have done it already -but how and where do I calculate the interest before I go to the court with the amount? Do I do the interest on the same calculation of penalty charge spread sheet in the "interest section" or do I use a different one? I am as always confused!!

use this template to calculate it for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a terrible time trying to do my spreadsheet with the 8% interest, have been trying for ages and cannot get it right, have found the one on the google site that I was directed to from the vampiress , but I have gor it wrong so many times! Is there something the rest of you know and I don't???

Trying to claim back £3200 ish + interest, the family finances are in dire straits, we are really up against it. Where do I get a moneyclaim form and where do I do the 8% interst spread sheet................HELP I AM PANICKING NOW!!:o

Please help me!!!!

Hi

If you go to the templates page and then onto the spreadsheets link there are links to excel spreadsheets further down the page. I used the simple one -very easy. Just fill in your details/charges and dates etc and it works out the "days since offence" and "interest" for you. You can hide the cells which show the days since offence & interest for your letters to the bank/credit card company and then "unhide" them for the court version.

Hope this helps

Sarah

Hi Darling 1, I too have had trouble with the spreadhsheets and all I can advise you is that I use the Simple charges spreadsheet which is located in the Templates Library under spreadsheets. Please dont panic, there is always someone around who is willing and can help. If you get really stuck you can always PM me as well and I will endeavour to point you in the right direction.

hello darling

What does PM mean!

PM means a private Message if you click on the user name it comes up with four options and one of them is private message. Like i said before please dont panic, I too have been in dire straights and am only just starting to 'come out' the other side. If you do your reading and follow the instructions you will be ok, but it does take some time and patience. If you want to ask questions or just 'chat' give me a shout and i'll help all that I can.

:? :-? :-? :-? What do I do now - I have been working out the 8% interest. do I get a form from the court or where do I find the moneyclaim form, Do you just do it online?

Not feeling too confident. Last month I was taken to the small claims court and lost! My offence was that I did not comply with the terms of a contract that I had never signed!!!! So if I can loose that maybe I can get this wrong too!!!:|

:confused: :confused: :confused: What do I do now - I have been working out the 8% interest. do I get a form from the court or where do I find the moneyclaim form, Do you just do it online?

I have sent in the LBA and had two offers that I have refused from the Hallifax. I am in the process of calculating the 8%.

I am not feeling too confident. Last month I was taken to the small claims court and lost! My offence was that I did not comply with the terms of a contract that I had never signed!!!! So if I can loose that maybe I can get this wrong too!!!:-|

Darling try not to panic and make sure you read up thoroughly on this website. There are plenty of threads on interest and if you read through the FAQs and step-by-step guides it should answer a lot of your queries.

Can you tell me more about the smalls claims and what exactly happened? Why were YOU taken to small claims?

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Go to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk you'll need to set up a user name and password.

See the link below with help on how to fill out the particulars of claim:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

Read it very carefully and make sure you fully understand what jonni2bad is saying before.

Finally please could you stick to one thread about your claim? It creates less work for the MODS and makes it easier for others to follow your progress.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Daling1, further to talking to you about using moneyclaim, you may find it more straight forward to file your claim using the N1 form. Please see the link below for a guide on completion:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.