style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have they removed goods? if not I would argue the redemption fee, head h, doesn't apply imho, but others will know more

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a thought...If in total there are 5 liability orders and And so far i have paid £2057.00 does that not mean i have settled the liability order associated with the levy anyway?

The following are the liabilty orders: the levy was made 15/09/10.

2007- £428.74

2008-£1422.75

2009-£1422.79

2010-1547.75

2011-£1547.75

I know the levy is invalid anyway but just gathering more back up for when they start pestering!

You have to write to them and argue the points about the multiple levies made etc. Challenging Bailiff fees etc does not happen overnight and can be a protracted business. What you hope to achieve is the Bailiff committing themselves in B&W to things they are not entitled to and refusing to budge. Once this happens you can then prove to the Council the intransigence of their contractor not to mention the fees they are not entitled to. The Council will probably refer back to the Bailiff and then say they have done nothing wrong. At this stage you can then take it further by Formal Complaint & also refer to the LGO.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bristow have visited today!! :(. I wasnt home but my hubby spoke to him and told them we are paying the council.

Anyway to cut it short last thing he said was "well you can explain to the judge why you havnt paid!! You have breached your contract! What to do next please??

Thankyou

Edited by Helpme11

Bristow have visited today!! :(. I wasnt home but my hubby spoke to him and told them we are paying the council.

Anyway to cut it short last thing he said was "well you can explain to the judge why you havnt paid!! You have breached your contract! What to do next please??

Thankyou

Threats, lies, and bluff the only way a Judge would be involved at this stage, is if you were incorrigible WON'T Pays, he is miffed at the fees that are probably going down the gurgler.

The bailiff cannot take you to court, and cannot force entry, it would be up to the council and that isn't going to happen, as to a contract, what contract? your contract is to pay the council, the bailiff is an agent, and you don't under any law have to deal with the muppet

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

He also said that this visit has cost us £205.00.

Hubby panicked a bit! :( especially when he said good luck with explaining to the judge why you think you are exempt!

We have been paying bristow 200 a month for over a year!

And this month we paid council what we could afford so we dont think we are exempt and have been paying!!

What are they likely to do next?

I go with brassnecked on this...threats and pure lies.....if he returns do please try to capture these threats on film, .have you applied for a breakdown of B & S fees yet?....these will give a clear picture of what fees have been applied to each LO. Amend the template below to suit and send it email first. followed by recorded signed for hard copy so they cannot deny getting it. When you get a reply post it here so caggers can then tell you what fees are legal and what fees they have invented.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

Have written to the council advising them that we will continue to pay them online..and about the items on levy which are meant to be exempt.And complaint about the bailiffs attitude yesterday.

In the mean time are they likley to return?

Just worried incase im home alone or they clamp the car!..

move the car away, keep doors and windows locked, and don't let him in. Film him even witha mobile phone through the letterbox or an upstairs window, if you don't want to open the door to capture any threats.

You have to play the long game, as you can't get rid of a bailiff overnight unless they call him off in the meantime

Thankyou will try do the above.

Not sure if can move car away due to very limited parking in road.

Although they have not seen the car yet!..

So surely they would have to levy on it first?

Or would they just clamp it?..its on finance anyway.

Can someone comfirm if these charges are correct please.

levy fee :£126.00

First visit;£24.50 walking possesion fee:£12.00,redemtion of goods:£24.50,C/tax and court costs £6659.49. So far we have paid at total of £2052.00 .

From the visit on the other day they said an extra £205!

Although not sure what for and nothing in writing??

Just need to know exactly what we owe bristow so we can pay there fees and hopefully get rid of them!..

Thankyou

Edited by Helpme11

Have they actually taken goods? if not the redemption fee is not applicable imho, I think they may try to say the £205 is a visit fee or a van fee for them turning up, in a Toyoya Hiace or similar to empty a house, something that would be impossible unless the Hiace was a TARDIS in disguise.

It was a large sprinter van ... But the as per previous posts most of the items on levy are invalid.

So all they could of attempted to take was a vacum cleaner and laptop...i believe the only valid items on the levy.