Draigfach v Barclaycard.

draigfach
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having read through this section of the site, it looks like Barclaycard are the toughies to crack. At the same time a friend of mine is taking on capital one so we can help each other. I'm sending my first letter tomorrow for sure after a couple of false starts. I felt like I have to be in the right mindset before I start so that I can follow it through and not get put off by their nonsense. I'm a bit lazy normally.

I have half of my statements anyway and the charges total over £500 on these.

My first letter is going off to Barclays Data Protection, Radbroke Hall, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 9EU

One question I have is do I write my cheque to "Barclaycard"

Having read how hard barclaycard appear to be to crack does anyone think that its worth settling for half if they offer it.

I will update this thread each time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just updating.

Right I got about a year and half worth of statements back. Plus the letter that goes on about the microfiche. I shall have a read round other peoples threads now to see what next.

• 1 month later...

I have Written the second letter now and sent it off. Like everyone else I received the letter about microfiche. I have decided to estimate what I believe they owe me and have sent off the second letter claiming £1000 plus interest. I struggled to get going with all this but now I'm really glad I started. I'm also busy reporting a debt collector to the Credit Services Association and Data protection people for posting an open letter through my neighbours door with my details on.

My advice to everyone is don't be stressed about any of this. Enjoy it, you are in control.

Today I received the following reply to my letter claiming an estimated amount of £1320. I have one question, my letter gave them 14 days to respond and they have written back effectively saying this will be dealt with in 25 days. Do I ignore that and send the next letter on 14 days?

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the level of service received from barclaycard.

I am very sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction, as the provision of a high level of service is very important to us. Your correspondence is being dealt with by this office and we aim to resolve matters by the 15th December 2006.

I want to reassure you that we are dealing with your complaint as quickly as possible, and will investigate all aspects fully. Should you have any immediate queries please contact us on the telephone number above and I or one of my collegues will be happy to assist you.

Please see enclosed leaflet for further information on how we deal with complaints.

Yours sincerely.

Hi

I would expect a settlement offer pretty soon for the difference between each charge and the so called £12 'recommended' (NOT) by the OFT. You can then accept it as a partial settlement and plough on with your court claim. In many ways bcard are playing into our hands with the partial settlements as they help fund the court fees for your claim

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, I got my offer of the difference between the charges and the oft. Now the interesting bit is that when i sent my letter it was for £400 worth of charges I knew about and the rest estimated totalling. I think they have only offered me a percentage of the money they knew I had proof of. eg they have offered me £200 which is probably the difference for the charges I could prove.

I would like to soldier on now and I'm excited that its already in my favour as they have said they are paying into my account anyway. I will accept this as part payment and forge ahead. not sure how to word the letter though as the way this has gone I dont think it will be covered in the templates.

I was thinking something along the lines of thanks for the offer which i will accept as part payment however I do not believe this to be the full amount I am entitled to and I believe you have deliberately mislead me and witheld information from me to stop me making an accurate claim. I will still be taking you to court for the charges I believe you have levied against me.